main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Worried for Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by El Jedi Colombiano, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    No, Not at All. After seeing whatr Disney is fdoing with Rebels. I know Star Wars is in the right hands.

Satipo likes this.
  2. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    With 4.5 billion on the line, I'm confident they're going to give it 100%.

No worries. :D

CairnsTony and Satipo like this.
  3. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Disney isnt doing anything with Rebels except ordering the seasons from its subsidiary Lucasfilm..

Sorry, pet peeve that comes from doing equity research as part of my living...move along,move along

Andy Wylde and Artoo-Dion like this.
  4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I also really like Rebels. Having said that, I'm still a little worried about the rumors of Luke turning to the dark side. IMO it just doesn't fit the character but I also concede that it's way too early to get too worked up about it. All we know right now is rumor and speculation with a dash of leaked concept art that doesn't really tell us much in terms of what happens to Luke or the other main characters anyway.

El Jedi Colombiano and Satipo like this.
  5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It's an important point and one that is missed too often. Disney is no doubt keeping a tight leash on LFL in these early days, but this is still, by-and-large, the same company as before the sale to Disney, except the Kennedy is running it instead of Lucas and (let's face it) the company has been revitalised to being the most active it's been since the '80s.

hippie1kenobi, KINGKONG83 and Satipo like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm shaking with fear. Or it's Parkinson's.

Primetime_Jedi likes this.
  7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    The more I hear the more dread I feel. I wish well-intentioned friends wouldn't tweet and Facebook spoilers at me...

8. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm very optimistic. With the cast and crew involved, and seeing the images we've seen (regardless of context, which I don't think anyone has nailed down yet so rumours like Darth Luke don't worry me) I'm very confident we'll get at worst a decent film. I'm expecting something good (behind ESB and ANH but ahead of the others) and hoping for something great. And if I'm wrong and it sucks, I'll live. There's always 8, 9 and the spin-offs. This is a good time to be a SW fan.

9. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Even if everything from this point forward sucks, we've got 37 years of content that hasn't disappeared. We can't lose.

Scummy_and_Villainous and Satipo like this.
  10. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That's my attitude. I also don't think the "fan divisions" thing will be that bad either. Sure, some will hate the new films, but it's equally possible many who felt a little burned by the PT will be won over again (although I suppose people could hate everything!). Here's hoping the ST is good enough the fan splits are not a major issue. There's no way to please everyone, but starting with decent/ solid/ strong film would be a great start.

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    first i was afraid, i was petrified

12. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't see how it could get much worse. We've got the PT divide and the EU reboot divide. What's one more split?

Pro Scoundrel and Satipo like this.
  13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly! AT some point the streams will cross back over and we'll have a whole other set of venn diagrams!

14. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    What......never cross the streams......unless you're fighting a giant stay puff marshmallow man

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    or sharing a urinal

Saurion-Fett and Artoo-Dion like this.
  16. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Could Disney screw up their 4 billion dollar investment?
    [​IMG]f

17. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    At times I do feel... Not exactly worried, but perhaps... anxious. The universe that basically defined a lot of my childhood is having a major sea change again, if that doesn't warrant nervousness and anxiety, I'm not sure what does. At the same time I don't feel nearly as worried as a lot of people seem to be. I don't think that the rumors of Evil Luke or Leia will pan out, so I'm not worried about that.

A galaxy that has struggle for the last 30-35 years is perfectly acceptable to me. The Empire surviving into the ST is fine with me. I don't think the characters we know and love from the OT will be mishandled, hell they're as much of J.J. Abram's childhood as ours.

I am a bit upset at some of the people's reaction to the decision to cut the old EU loose. I understand why it was done, but that doesn't mean I like it... and I'm hoping that eventually many of my favorite EU characters will make their way into the new canon through books, comics, games, and perhaps even television. They may be reinterpreted, but I doubt they won't be used by writers in the future.

JamesSkywalker likes this.
  18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    5 pages? Really?

If a spoiler doesn't drop soon this forum will die.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    *drops spoiler*

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    they better do it right, and right by Luke. You call the eu flawed, but much of the eu is superior to the pt

21. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If it's as good as any of the previous six, I will be happy.

That said, I'm hoping that they will push new boundaries and come out with a great film.

22. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I went into TPM with vastly different expectations compared to what we got. I was disappointed at first, but have come to embrace it over the years. I think I've learned to set my expectations at the door and I'll roll with whatever they go with. It's not my story, i'm just along for the ride.

23. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    Worried about Ep VII? Not particularly, but...

This is Star Wars for a new generation. While this one will probably play fan service to a lot of us, I wouldn't expect it to keep doing that. What's it going to be like? Probably a lot like The Clone Wars tv show or Rebels. It's Star Wars for a new generation. Most of the people who grew up with Luke, Han and Leia are now almost grandparents. However TCW and Rebels isn't made for adults, it's made to make money. Disney didn't buy Star Wars to give us our childhoods back, they bought so they can milk it for the billions and billions they bought it for.

That being said, I believe the direction of this film is going in the right direction. The leaks are all pretty much things J.J wants us to see. And the use of CGI will be kept at a minimum.

If you are a Star Wars purist who only likes the original theatrical cuts you saw when you were 8 in 1977, you may or may not like the new Star Wars.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  24. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Are OT, PT and EU fans generally united in their love for Rebels?

25. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Is that rhetorical? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.