main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worrying post on starwars.com

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Ry_Grande, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ry_Grande

Ry_Grande Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2007
    Read the last few comments posted by Tion Medion on the CE discussion page over at starwars.com....its got me worried [face_worried]

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=252725&start=165

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, Tion Medion speaks some truth but isn't exactly correct on other points. Even if Showmasters were still involved, Derek Maki/coolwaters would have been involved because Showmasters use him for their guest line-ups because he represents a chunck of SW actors/crew. And in-turn the actors agents also have a huge say on what price to charge. Showmasters dropping out is a more complicated issue but not having fatih in the show, I would say with some confidence, wasn't the main reason for it, if indeed a reason at all. And as I keep stressing on other forums, the autograph hall is an important element but isn't nor never should be the main hinge of a show like Celebration Europe. I think any show would benefit from having very reasonably priced autographs and while some CE guest prices and the contradiction of prices on Maki's site to CE's site raises some eyebrows and questions, there are many factors we need to take into account in order to put everything in perspective.

The UK and Europe have never had a show quite like this so there are bound to be teething problems.

3. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'm not really bothered about guests just the Collecting!!

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Same here - I am more interested in the events and collecting. If Tem Morrison was still coming that would be different!

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm not going with any preconceptions. I know it's not gonna be anything like C4, but there's sure to be enough to be fun for a couple of days.

6. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    just putting faces to all the names i've insulted over the years...
    that's why i'm going,lol.

7. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Must admit - bit disappointed with the guest list overall - though i'm glad Billy Dee and Ahtony Daniles are there, as both are people I want to get signed up! Some of the other quests are decent too like - but Showmasters have a load of SW guests lined up for their next two events...

8. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    and very little,no sorry,and nothing else.
    sure,showmasters do a great signing session... they excel at it,in fact,but that's all.
    just signing sessions...
    and when you say 'ooh,look at how many star wars guests showmasters have got!'... bear in mind that they are almost exclusively background extras and the like.
    not so impressive,actually.
    heroes cast members,on the other hand...

9. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    Even if you are going for the guests the shows guestlist is starting to shape up, Peter Mayhew!!!!!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.