main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    very nice your_worshipfulness!

Corran reminds me of obiwan slightly! I mean that in a good way. He's my favorite drawing!

I can't wait to see how both Jag and Corran come out. Kyp is very nice too!!

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=:_|=D=

Holy EU, Batman!!

I leave for a couple of days and just look at all the =P~-worthy pieces you have up in here now, Suz!!

=D=

I adore all of them--I don't know if I can pick out a favorite! Kyp is...perfect--that sort of self-satisfied and cocky look in his eyes--and, of course, the hair... And your WIPs... **runs off to break own pencils in half in a hissy** :p ;)
    Jag looks...fabulous: I love the expression on his face in this--it really makes me think of the most recent novels, and his role in them--very commanding and contained. I think it's the set to the mouth, but it's also in the eyes. Gorgeous! And Corran...

=P~!!

This is, I think, about the best rendering of our sensitive and thoughtful Jedi Master that I have ever seen: you've captured every aspect of him that stands out to me from the books (and it's not just from the pro-art renderings that you've taken this, I don't think--there's more depth to this than just an "adaption...")--it's frickin' stunning!!

I really think you're going to have to put together a "Who's Who in the EU" tome, Suz--your ability to capture these characters' personalities and essences is just amazing!! And as to "mis-stepping" with a representation--pish-posh, I say!! Just like all of my stuff dealing with the EU, it's all interpretation, and even tho it might fall short for some, for far more it's going to hit the mark with a resounding "BOOM!!" Brava!! Brava for all this fabulous EU portraiture!! It gets me positively giddy!!

Awesome, awesome work Your_Worship!! I genuflect to your superb skill and imagination... :D

...And I cannot wait for more!!!

FF

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Okay, usually I don't do this, but you make me drooling over Corran.... [face_blush]

=P~ Can't wait for it to be finished.

4. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005

Join the club!

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] I'm now an official member of the drool-over-Corran-Horn club..... :p

6. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow your Kyp Durron portrait is amazing Suz, i love the shadows and your work on his hair as well.

And it's so great to see you post some WIP, i find it so interesting to discover how other people work

7. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Your_Worshipfulness, these new pieces are fantastic ("fantastic" -- that's my new favorite adjective after watching the new "Doctor Who" show)! I envy your expertise in tones and shading; it's really good stuff :)

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow! I go away for a little while, come back, and see these great pieces! Amazing. I don't even know what to say. The Kyp is so well done, with the shading and everything, I just can't even begin. It looks so real, so good! The early phases of Jagged look so promising, too. And Corran, wow! You've made him look amazing, I really like the direction you're taking the illustration in, and I can't wait to see the finished product. I can't wait to see more, in general! Keep up the great work, Suz. :)

~Vassago

9. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Finally finding some time to drop in here and comment.

There's really no character in the EU that you can't provide a face for, is there? It's great to see these people being fleshed out and given new life compared to just existing in our own minds when we read the novels. I think that deserves a witty name but I don't feel like thinking of one right now. (*shakes fist at finals*) :p

Once again, I admire your unique way of shading flesh tones. It has a much darker tone than what we are used to seeing. Out of your most recent portraits, I think Corran is my favorite, eventhough you're still in the working stages with him. I love his expression and the way you're building up his features. Can't wait to see him completed! Overall, nice job on each! :D

11. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    While your portrait of Kyp doesn't exactly correspond with how I imagined him, it is a very well drawn portrait nevertheless, as are your others. I always imagined as someone with a scruffy outlook, a thinner Han with longer hair.

12. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    :eek: =P~

=D= =D= =D=

INCREDIBLE!!! I just saw your artwork and Woooow! They're amazingly wonderful! I don't know how you can catch every physic, and even psychic detail and put there in the portrait, but you do it...

And what to say about Corran... ;) One of my favourite characters, being portrayed exactly as he might be...

Impressive... MOST impressive... (not with Vader voice)

DarkSapiens

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    sighs and faints at image of Kyp....as its awesome....

[face_love]

14. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    *groans* Aggghhh! I let this thread sit without replies for a RIDICULOUS amount of time. Sorry to all you great people that left comments for me, as well as for being so quiet. I'm still here. :)
    -----

BurntTheMacaroni
    Thanks! One surefire way to make me happy is to comment on the detail I try to add in :D Unfortunately, I have no idea when I'll be finished Corran though - I haven't really gotten much of a chance to work on it lately. Sometimes the clothing is hard to do. Mirax's shirt was inspired by one I was wearing when I started filling in her outfit. Then I added stuff to it to make it look like something that may fit the star wars wardrobe...? You decide. Ofcourse, it was only afterwards that I discovered she wore a certain type of jacket (brown with a furry trim on the collar) that I could have drawn instead. Well, She seemed to be wearing it in several of the few drawings I've seen of her, anyways.

Excalibur14
    I know it may not necessarily fit the description - most of the time it sounds as if it's always messy, but I'm really happy with how his hair turned out. :D I'll even go so far as to say that I'm proud as I got a lot more detail this time around than I did before. I don't always mean to spend so much time on particular parts, but I really can't help myself sometimes. I had no idea how I was going to draw Kyp when going into it, but I like how you say there is smugness in his eyes. Hope you like the finished version of Corran just as much as you like the start of it (Whenever that will be). Don't want to dissapoint a fan. ;) Thanks a bunch. [:D]

Mitth_Fisto
    "Don't worry about later, to me that can mean up to a week and a half later normally."

Whew, then I'm off the hook? :p Er, well I bet it doesn't take you more than a month to reply to someone does it? *looks around sheepishly*

I was actually worried about Corran Horn, but I'm getting lot's of great feedback on him *does a happy dance*. I think I'm going to try to go for something in between the two versions that I've made of him. But I'm going to have to level with you on Kyp though; I have no idea how the lighting works there, lol. I think I was going for the light source to be from the left. *shrugs* My problem with Jag at first was whether I made his expression too intense for his character. I always got the impression that he was very stone-faced or stoic. :confused: Encountered the same problem with Tenel Ka, a character that I've read in descriptions in one that tends to not show emotion... but that's a future piece and I won't get into it now. [face_mischief]

Nefarious_21
    It's all about the hair. ;) Since coming on to the site, I've been trying to go for a more realistic look. To me, I think it's the skin that I've most improved on (trying to improve on detail of the surface when shading.) Before that, it was all anime-style. I'm glad you like the angle - I thought it was a little bit different than anything I had already done, and I don't want each picture I draw to get...boring. It kind of changes it up a little - albeit a small change - but a change nevertheless.

Basement24
    Thanks! Even unfinished, they look good, eh? Cool, That sounds promising to me. Now I just have to make sure I don't screw it up. :p Always nice to hear someone say they enjoy my work so much and thank you very much for the kind words! :) I never thought of myself as a patient person, but...maybe I am when it comes to drawing.

Moonshadow
    Thanks so much! I've been considering maybe to re-do Leia altogether, but if I do, I doubt it will be anytime soon. "This is not a date" was one of my more fun drawings that I've done, and perhaps my most successful attempt at including a full fledged background. I don't know why really, but I've always pictured Mara with a sort of curly/wavy hair style, and because of that, I also picture the same for little Ben too.

goddess45
    Corran reminds me of obiwan slightly! I mean that in a good way.
    Lol, I'd be

15. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Please finish Jag[face_love]

16. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Woah! Jag looks very, very cool! Corran looks awsome as well! :D

17. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Thanks for dropping by ThrawnRocks & Handmaiden_Azul. :) I haven't gotten around to finishing Jag at all, but I have every intetnion of doing so. I worked a little more on Corran, but I'm not entiely happy with the result, and I may end up re-drawing the whole thing over again.

*I just wanted to drop in here really quick to tell everyone here that I've been having some computer trouble lataly, which has unfortunately become even worse. It took about 10 minutes alone just to get into my artthread. I don't know when it will be fix, so If you see I haven't logged in for some time, this will be a big part of the reason. :(

- Suz ^_~

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Giving another of my favorites a shameless "up!" :D

I sure hope the computer trouble is resolving itself, Suz--we miss seeing your work! :( I most especially would love to see you finish Corran Horn's portrait--it's such a fabulous start (been drooling on it again... =P~ ;) )!

And for those that haven't looked through here, prepare to be amazed (it always happens to me!) and enjoy!

FF

19. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    And here I thought that this thread must be sitting all the way at the bottom of the very last page by now. Thanks for the 'Up' FF. [:D] @};-

Well, it's certainly been awhile - a lot longer than I thought it would be, that's for sure. You see, my computer trouble was caused by a nasty virus of some sort and in the attempt to fix it, the whole thing crashed. Wonderful. Nothing worked too well after that - most programs wouldn't even run anymore, and not only was Internet running at a snail's pace, it would also freeze up after about five minutes of surfing. So, for a couple days, it was unknown as to what one could do to fix this problem, but fate it seems was going to screw me over yet again. Less than a week after this 'Crash', the computer...died. Yes, it died. Isn't that just precious?

So there you have it. I have been without a computer for about two months, and this folks, is my first time logging in since this whole debacle started. No art to post yet - I just wanted to throw up an explanation for my absence. I do have some stuff which I'm working on though and I know I got a couple of sketches lying around, so I'll get those up soon. :D

[b]FF:[/b] I'm sorry to say (especially so since I've received some great feedback on it too), but I kind of abandoned the Corran Horn drawing. I feel that the work I have already put into him is a little weak and I'm not interested in continuing any work on it. However, the idea of re-doing the picture isn't out of the realm of possibilty. But hopefully you won't mind so much since I do have a portrait of Jacen in the works [face_shhh], which - correct me if I'm wrong - I remember you mentioning you'd very much like to see...? [face_mischief]

- Suz ^_~

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    HI SUZ!!!!

**tackles Your_Worship in a Wookiee-hug**

How great to see a reply from you again!!! I figured it had to be some pretty significant computer trouble to keep you away this long--sorry the old machine gave it up (but I'll bet your new one is making you very happy! ;) ). I hope you were able to save all your files...that's always the most infuriating part of a total failure--losing all the files that weren't saved to external media...

Ennyway--I won't plague you with a sobbing, sniffy, tear-filled plea to finish Corran (though others might...he's quite popular, you know! :D ), but I will wait with bated breath for Jacen! =P~ ;) I keep looking through everything in here and thinking how great it would all look in some EU reference book...you should think about doing that! Oh, and if you haven't looked at Cheveyo's newest piece (Jacen!), run over and see it! Very, very nice!

A warm welcome back, and I hope we'll be seeing you regularly now you have a new comp! Can't wait to see your newest work!

FF

21. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    FF
    *is smothered in wookie hug* Wha---whoa! take it easy! :p

Thanks so much for the big hug! Yeah, The computer died, but it had a pretty good run (8 yrs). Technically I still have all my files, but I highly doubt I will ever have access to them again (There's some issues with the old HD). So unfortunately I have to start from scratch.

An EU ref. book? Lol, I guess it does seem like I'm on my way to making one. :p Oh and funny thing about the Corran portrait...I'm re-drawing that one too, so you'll see him eventually (though it will be awhile.) Jacen will be sooner. ;)

[color=purple]It's been a long time, but I've finally got an update.

Awhile back I said I'd re-draw Jaina Solo, so here she is. It's heavily based off of a photo of an actress named Caroline Dhavernas that I thought would make a good model for Jaina. My problem with it is that I think I might have gone too dark on the hair and the longer I stare at it, the more I think I may also have also screwed up the hairline and eyes (me-thinks her head is a tad oval). Other than that it turned out okay.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/JainaSolo-bw2.jpg]Jaina Solo[/link] | [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/JainaSolo-cl2.jpg]Jaina Solo[/link] (with a splash of colour)

Any comments, any crits are always welcome. Thanks for stopping in to take a look! :)

- Suz ^_~[/color]

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::eek:
    :_|
    =D==D=

OMG!!

**tries to find words...can't...has to look some more**

Holy c@#p...

She's...amazing, Suz... I swear I'm looking at another Aurelia piece, she's so bloody real (that, or a b/w photo)! Her eyes...they just stare right into me...just like her mother's (which, of course, makes this a perfect portrait for Leia Organa Solo's daughter!)... Amazing--and the coloring is superb: love the blue dress!

It's just so beautiful!! Now I really can't wait to see Jacen's portrait!

**fidgets from foot-to-foot**

Just awesome!! =D=

FF

23. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is excellent! Probably the best fan art I've ever seen of Jaina. Good job!

24. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    *dies* :_| It's so beautiful it makes me cry! :_|

Please, can I put it on my Jaina Solo homepage? I'll put your name under it, of course. [face_praying] It's so wonderufl.....and the colouring is awesome!

PS: @Asho: Your having a bad influence on me! [face_mischief] [face_shame_on_you]
    :p

25. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Great work! Your Jaina is beautiful! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.