main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Wow, that's some very nice work. I no nothing about the character, but your picture says a lot without any knowledge. Can't wait to see more!

2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    Much thanks! [face_blush] I kind of didn't know what to do with the clothing at first. In fact I was going to leave it quite plain, but there's always something that just compels me to add more to a drawing. That's part of the reason it takes me so long to complete anything.

Eveylou
    Aw, Thank-you very much! I appreciate it and glad you enjoy it so. :)

Snuggs
    [face_dancing] Thanks! I appreciate the visit - it's nice to see ya back.

HS29
    I'm just happy that you found any of what I said remotely helpful. Explaining anything is definately not a talent of mine, but also in this case, I feel as though I'm not one to be giving out advice since most of the time I'm not even sure of what I'm doing in PS. I sort of tend to apply all sorts of effects and things in most cases. And just for the record, The multiply method that you were using isn't necessarily a bad one, but I do find that it does make things more difficult.

Basement24
    Thanks! It's nice that you get a feel of the character just by looking at this picture. I just hope that those who do know and are familiar with her find it to be reasonably okay. In a way though, it was kind of relieving not to have a lot to go on because there wasn't really any stress on trying to get it exact. Maybe I should try being less picky about these things...

First update of the year...

My favourite EU character - Mara Jade (the sole reason I even bothered to check out the Star Wars EU in the first place). Note: there was quite a bit of fixing up done on the pencil version in Photoshop.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/MaraJade-bw.jpg]Mara Jade (pencil)[/link] | [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/MaraJade-cl.jpg]Mara Jade (colour)[/link]

More watercolour fun. I tried something different but...it really wasn't working out too well, and I sort of bungled it up. I then went a little happy with the colours to try to finish it. The result is 'okay'. Oh and a reference was indeed used.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/Stormtrooper-esb.jpg]Stormtrooper (pencil/watercolour)[/link] (ESB)

Since I hit the 300 reply mark (and I've never stayed glued to one particular forum/mb for the this long a time before), I made a little thank-you pic for all the replies + comments + visits. I know I say it all the time, but I really do mean it when I say that I appreciate it.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan2/AnimeAnakinPodracing.jpg]Anime Anakin (pencil/watercolour)[/link] (He's a little lopsided. [face_shhh])

As always, thanks for dropping in and taking a look and thanks again for all the replies and visits. Corellian whiskey for everyone! Except for the youngins of course - um, blue milk for you! ;) *cheers*

- Suz ^_~

3. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    WOW ,I felt like saying that when I saw your Mara Jade pictures.I think you've done a great job .It looks just like her (at least that's how I imagine her).Anyway as a big fan Mara Jade I want to say thanks for sharing your talent with us .I have collected every picture with Mara I could get and I can say yours are among the most beautiful. =D= I hope you'll draw some more of her.You are very talented,congratulations!

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The stormtrooper painting is my favourite. The way you have rendered fire reflected in the stormtrooper's armour is very atmospheric; I can almost feel the warmth coming off Uncle Owen from here.

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    ...Where's the "jawdrop" emoticon when you need it...?

:eek: instead!! :p

The Mara piece is, in a word, outstanding: the expression on her face, the stunning hair and her classic sideways glance (I can almost imagine that this half-veiled gaze is being directed at Luke here! ;) ) are gorgeous!! =D==D= The hair coloring is...amazing...all the deep reds and gold highlights, very very realistic, and it's almost as though I can feel the breeze that's moving it, too... Amazing!!

The stormtrooper is very forbidding--in pose, and with all the "fire-tinged" reflections on the armor--soits is right about the "Uncle Owen" thing...although it made me cringe to think of it... [face_sick] Awesome perspective, too!

And I'll have to go back for Anime Ani...as usual, I couldn't get all of these to load for me... **fumes impotently** :(

Absolutely gorgeous work, Suz! =D==D= It's always a rich experience, to have your fabulous pieces pop up for me to drool over--thanks for sharing your talent! :D

FF

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    wonderful! the drawing of mara is really good. and the colored Mara is very awesome. I ove how you did the curls on the end of her hair. I rally like annie too. he is so cute. all you work is done very well. =D=

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Squee!!!

[face_dancing][face_dancing]

Anime Ani loaded for me! **boogies** I love it-love it-love it! It takes me right back to the flawless realistic portrait you did of him (which still makes me swoon, btw!), with that face-spanning grin and his dusty, "racooned" cheeks! =D= I also love the way you've included some of the spires and formations of the Tatooine desert back there--ever-so-cool! :cool: What a great, "happy-feeling" piece this is! Awesome! =D=

FF

8. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006

Another "whoooooooooooooaaa..." for you from me-- Joey Lawrence version. lol

I had to sit down when Mara's green eyes pierced through me-- absolutely stunning!

I pretty much agree with everyone about the stormtrooper piece. It's like he's heading home after a hard day's work.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Whoa, very nice update! =D=

The Mara portrait blew me away. Her expression and everything about her is perfect. The coloring also took this thing the extra mile. Very nice job with her rendering!

I also love your watercolor technique with the stormie. That's been something I've been struggling with as of late, and you really took the time to lay down the pigment. The different color planes and reflections visible in the armor look great! Nicely done!

10. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Wow, those are all fantastic! I really love the Mara Jade piece the most, it's just superb. Anime Ani is very cute too! Once again, amazing stuff. Keep it up!

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Wow and =P~ That's an amazing Mara picture, I like how you captured her eyes and gave her curls! It really looks amazing.

The stormtrooper is fantastic, and from the water colors and the possible reflections, would this be taken from ESB cloudcity?

Anime Ani is very cute and the lopsidedness isn't that noticable, one could image its an anime of when he first completed it and sat in the cockpit shouting that it was working. Great job!

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    All of your drawings are great, but I have to say that your Mara Jade is fantastic!!!=D=

Both the pencil and the color version are outstanding!!

AG88

13. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Your drawnings are so awesome=D= I really like your artwork, you have your own style and the Anime-Anakin is so cute [face_love]
    All your drawnings are impressive, but your last one, Mara Jade is so... great :) You caught her very well.

14. Tatooine_Gemini

Tatooine_Gemini Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2004

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THAT IS OUTSTANDING.

"First update of the year...

My favourite EU character - Mara Jade (the sole reason I even bothered to check out the Star Wars EU in the first place). Note: there was quite a bit of fixing up done on the pencil version in Photoshop.

Mara Jade (pencil) | Mara Jade (colour) "

YOU ARE INCREDIBLE

always
    miss gemini

15. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    More pictures with Mara...pleeeeeeeease!!![face_praying] It's like an addiction.Once I see a splendid thing I want more.:)

Incredible work!=D=

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Delurking to say I absolutley LOVE your picture of Mara Jade. In the color version her eyes breathe of the monitor screen. Amazing work! The stormtroopers picture and Anakin are also beautifully done. =D= =D= =D=

Looking forward to what projects you have ahead. Hopefully more with Mara in them. [face_peace]

17. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Great job on Mara, YW! It makes me want to go back and do some new images of her. The coloring is very striking.

18. Hail_Ithor

Hail_Ithor Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    That portrait of Mara Jade is Absolutely STUNNING, I love it. Great attention to detail, and wonderful wonderful Colors. beautiful beautiful.....I will definately be watching for more of your Work=D=

19. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Much love for Mara! [face_dancing] Thank-you muchly everyone!

KRELYA
    Thank-you so much! I'm glad I could make a nice drawing to add for you're collection. :p I wasn't aware that people collected fan art and I'm rather flattered that you rank it so highly among those you already have. :D

"More pictures with Mara...pleeeeeeeease!!! It's like an addiction.Once I see a splendid thing I want more."

[face_blush] Aw, shucks. Thanks a lot, but I have no idea when I'll draw another pic of Mara. I haven't been drawing so much lately, and have pretty much left anything I had started untouched for well over a month. It may be a long wait.

soits
    Thanks! I'm still a little miffed that I screwed it up, but I also think that I may have been biting off more than I could chew. The reflected surface of his armour (more the helmet, than anything) proved to be a hell of a lot more difficult that I though it would be. Lol, the uncle Owen comment is morbidly funny even though it's not taken from that scene. It's actually from ESB when in the uh, carbonite chamber thing-a-ma-bobber place. (I didn't paint the BG the same).

FF
    "...Where's the "jawdrop" emoticon when you need it...? "

Lol, not to worry - the shocking faced dude suffices, Deb. :p

Seriously though, Thanks a lot. :D And I thank-you for giving her look a name, 'cuz I sure as heck didn't know what to call it. My original idea was a narrowing scrutinizing gaze, but well, that obiviously didn't pan out. It ended up looking wrong, like her eyes being far too small for her head. Drawing the hair was only slightly nightmare-ish as I didn't use a reference for it, other than an occassional glance in the mirror to see how my own curls tumbled around. ;) I wanted the colours to really pop since they're important to making her so unique, always describing her features as being rather striking.

I've always liked that picture of the stormtrooper, thinking that it might look half decent if I made an attempt to reproduce it in watercolours. I don't feel it's as good as my previous attempt (Tion), but then again, I tried something different, so I didn't expect it to.

Lol, I get a Squee? *hugs* Ani was quite a bit of fun to draw, partly because the picture itself is just so damned cheerful, lol. (I couldn't help but smile as I coloured it in.) Those spires took maybe all of ten minutes for me to include, which I'm sure it shows since I wasn't going for anything fancy. They were added for one reason and one reason only: it fills it in some. ;)

TheOnlyJediPrincess
    Thank-you! ^_^ I was trying to go for messy curls and waves for Mara, but I think I may have gone a little overboard. They certainly took a while, but I guess it was worth the time spent. Ani was pure fun to do.

Vandalier
    Lol, Joey Lawrence style! Most excellent. I really wanted Mara's features to be intense, especially her eyes. Thanks! :)

HS29
    Lovin' all the love for Mara here. :D I'm so glad you feel it that the look suits her. Saying that everything about her and her expression is perfect earn you a giant cookie. Still wishing my coluring skills were a little stronger, but hey, you can't have everything.

Oh lord, you wouldn't believe how much paint I used on Stormie-T. I used way more than I normally do. The secret here: White paint. After I layed on a generous amount of paint on an area and waited until is was sufficiently dry, I added a layer of white paint on top and mixed it around a lot for the pastel-ish look. It didn't turn out half bad in some places, but not so great in others. Meh. Well, chalk it up to another learning experience. ;)

Basement24
    Thanks! Saying Mara is superb = A very, very happy me. :)

Mitth_Fisto
    Thank-you! I'm really glad that everyone likes the direction I went with on Mara. It's true that I personally love curls, but for some reason I just cant see her without them at any rate. I've always pictured her like that, or at least wavy hair.

"The stormtrooper i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.