main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Thats positevily incredible- yea like I spelt that right...but anyway that is like one of the very best drawings of the princess I have ever seen, if theres anyway to get this thing into the Fan Art mueseum, if it isn't already, it should be! Please Please draw more!
    -Arsnl

2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    FalconFan - Thank - You so much for your very kind compliments. You are far, far too kind! It's much appreciated! I am so flattered. I am by NO MEANS a 'Master', but I really do thank you for such high praise. ^_^

Ah, Don't mind me, I'm just incredibly, ridiculously nit-picky when it comes to my own artwork (always have been and always will be). I'm a little negative that way. It wasn't my intention to sound like one of *those* type of people who get their tests back and whine about how bad 97% is. Apologies if I do. I don't want to be known as that guy.

While I was working on it, I was worried that you wouldn't be able to discern his hand from his face and clothing, so I spent a lot of time making sure that it didn't all blend in together. I'm glad you think it turned out well.

-----

Darth ArsnL - I'm so glad you like Leia! Thank - you very much :)

"if theres anyway to get this thing into the Fan Art mueseum, if it isn't already, it should be!"

Lol, you're sweet.

"Please Please draw more!"

*chuckles* Well, I'll certainly try, but as I've said before, I'm slower than molasses, so it may take awhile. Next project is still kind of up in the air. I found a picture of Palpatine that I liked, so I might take a stab at it. Still not sure.

-----

Again, thanks a bunch for all the positve feedback. It really helps by giving me steam to keep going. I often have difficulty looking for something to draw, and keeping with a Star Wars theme has seemed to really help.

- Suz ^_~

3. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. I have no clue how I missed this, but... gah. He's so solid looking. Very full and round and it seems like you could run your fingers over each bump on his head. And his stubby-fingers looks absolutely real. Perfect application of tone... just beautiful!

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Your drawings are absolutely fantastic. Likeness, shading, expression - all perfect. I hope you post more work soon.

5. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Thank-you wicktone. I greatly admire your work and I really appreciate such feedback. I realized rather late into the drawing that I had the proportions of his head wrong (particularly the top of his head as I mentioned before). But erasing it to fix it proved to be troublesome as I not only have a tendency to press down with the pencil a bit too hard, but had already heavily shaded in some areas too. It also makes me feel much better that despite all of that, it still turned out well. :)

Thank-you for such kind comments soitscometothis! I make it my mission to reproduce the character's image as exact as I possibly can, so that one could tell who it is without having to be told or shown the reference (Though I suppose Yoda does kind of stand out from most, lol.) I'm very glad by your comments, that I've achieved my goal.

---
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to look through this thread and post their thoughts. As always, it's very much appreciated and very helpful. *big hugs all around*

- Suz ^_~

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    WOW! Those are some of the best drawings I've seen! You need to stop lurking and post more of your drawings! Fantastic! Wish I could draw like that.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, Yoda is awesome! Eventhough you used the ugly puppet, you still managed to make it look great. ;) It's hard to describe but the way you put him on paper, you managed to give him more life - he looks more real than the puppet ever would. This is especially evident in the eyes. They look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see more! :)

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh my gosh, how did I miss seeing your Yoda? He's fantastic! You were able to capture the texture and bumpiness of his skin so well. He has dimension. Love it!

Great blending too. :D

9. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    WOW

You are really good.

I hope to see more.

10. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Wow! Those are both really wonderful! Graphite has always been my chosen medium when I'm doing realism, looks like you've pretty much mastered the technique :) Well done!

11. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Jedi_Commander_Faofa Thanks! My lurking problem is slowly but surely going away.

HanSolo29 - Ugly Puppet? Lol. In that case, maybe the next time I decide to draw Yoda, I'll try the CG version. It's nice to know the eyes turned out because I had to redo them midway through drawing. Glad it paid off :)

Obi-Dawn Kenobi - Thank-you so much! His skin was almost a nightmare to do! The blending was almost a never-ending process. ^_^

Zandoran_Celix - Thank-you kindly. Glad you like my work. :)

Darth_Snuggle - Thanks. Graphite is also my preferred medium for Realism, though I've had some success in the past with Charcoal (but they can get messy and are just not my favorite.) I don't think I'd go as far as to say I've mastered the technique, but I do think I've improved over the years. :)

[hl=red][color=white] Happy Canada Day![/color][/hl] ^_^

Well I've got a little update, but for those expecting to see some more Realism, you'll be sorely dissapointed. This is some of my original work, which [b]FalconFan[/b] (thanks again, Deb!) encouraged me to display. As you can plainly see, It's not without it's problems and backgrounds are most definately not my forte. In fact I seldom draw BG's but I quickly threw one up anyway. I'm just glad to be done with it as it's been sitting unfinished in my closet for ages. My one gripe is that the scanner took away some of the detail which not even Photoshop tweaking could remedy. [face_sad]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-surrounded.jpg]Surrounded[/link] (Medium - Pencils)

...and just for fun, a version with some lightsaber color.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-surrounded-c.jpg]Surrounded[/link] (Medium - Pencils/tiny bit of Photoshop)

Any and all comments always welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking!

- Suz ^_~

12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wowza! I dig the detailing going on in the main figure's clothing. I can tell you paid close attention to it and it pays off big time. The way parts of the fabric look frayed or patched up, it's like this person's clothing is helping to tell the story. It also allows for me to imagine what has happened in the past in order to get the clothes that way. Fantastic.

The draping on the background figure's cloaks is nicely done too, along with how there seems to be a wind blowing against them. That's a really nice touch that lends interest and movement to the piece.

The background is nice in it's simplicity. I imagine them being on soft dunes of sand or something. :)

Thanks for showing it to us, and thanks to FF for encouraging you to do so. :)

13. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Ah, I didn't know you were Canadian. Now I like you even more. Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Toronto.

This is truly excellent. Very original, and the scene itself is facsinating. I'm curious what the story is now. The main character seems to be wearing a similar cloak to the people who are doing the ambushing. Maybe the character was once one of them, and then went rogue...

The detailing in the blowing robes is gorgeous and I love the lacing up the sides of the pants. Plus, it was a great touch to have everyone using a very distinct lightsaber style, each different than the others.

14. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    WOW! thats a cool one. Where did you come up with the idea for that piece? Lovin the beautiful artwork. Do continue.

-Arsnl

15. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ooh, very nice Your_Worshipfulness. Fabric has always given my a headache. I even have Hogarth's book on wrinkles and drapery and I still can't get it quite right!

16. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow! :eek: The sheer amount of detail is about to make my brain explode! This is a wonderful composition, it really reflects the titles superbly. You really get this sense of claustrophobia and the central character is desperate for escape. Well done. Someone already commented on this but I also love how every dark character has different stance and lightsaber style. With multiple dark sith/jedi you can risk them looking like clones or an army but you've done very well to give them their sense of individuality even thought they are all robed in dark cloaks. Kudos to you! :D

Oh and congrats on being Canadian! Why? Well why not! :D

17. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: =D=

Yowza!! I was in breathless anticipation of this piece, Y_W, but could never have guessed at how fantastic it would be! I love this drawing!! Everyone's already commented on the drapery and clothing detailing (they are superb!!)--and the mood of it is just wonderful: the title is perfect, as that's exactly what's happening here. The central character (btw, does he have a name...? :D) conveys the situation wonderfully, with his stance, and his glance toward us, over his shoulder, at the threat of the lightsaber just coming into view (a beautiful perspective there, too!)--he's in a real jam, and now I'm just dying to find out what happens here! LOL at the "background lament!" Me, too!! [face_laugh] This one is great, though--with any more detail than you have there, I think it might have detracted from the central focus of the scene--so well done! A beautiful job, Suz--can't wait to see more! :D

FF

18. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Obi-Dawn Kenobi -

Wowza! I dig the detailing going on in the main figure's clothing. I can tell you paid close attention to it and it pays off big time. The way parts of the fabric look frayed or patched up, it's like this person's clothing is helping to tell the story. It also allows for me to imagine what has happened in the past in order to get the clothes that way. Fantastic.

I'm more of a character drawing gal, and I love designing outfits or just going into details along those lines.

The background is nice in it's simplicity. I imagine them being on soft dunes of sand or something.

That's exactly what I had envisioned in my mind. Normally, I would have taken the pointilism approach, but I opted against it because it takes waaaaay too long, and it's something I usually do in ink/pen rather than pencil.

The draping on the background figure's cloaks is nicely done too, along with how there seems to be a wind blowing against them. That's a really nice touch that lends interest and movement to the piece.

I'm a total sucker for wind-blown action and similar movement. Something I apply in a lot of my drawings.

[b]wicktone[/b] -

[i]Ah, I didn't know you were Canadian. Now I like you even more. Whereabouts are you from? I'm from Toronto.[/i]

[color=purple]'tis always nice to meet a fellow Canuck. I hail from Edmonton. :)[/color]

[i]This is truly excellent. Very original, and the scene itself is facsinating. I'm curious what the story is now. The main character seems to be wearing a similar cloak to the people who are doing the ambushing. Maybe the character was once one of them, and then went rogue... [/i]

[color=purple]I'm now curious myself. You've certainly provided a rather interesting scenario.[/color]

[i]The detailing in the blowing robes is gorgeous and I love the lacing up the sides of the pants. Plus, it was a great touch to have everyone using a very distinct lightsaber style, each different than the others. [/i]

[color=purple]Thanks. I had fun with adding the details to his clothes. Even though I copped out by drawing a bunch of bad guys in robes, I still didn't want them to look too terribly drab and boring. Drab and boring = bad.[/color]

[hr]

[b]Darth_ArsnL[/b] -
    [i]WOW! thats a cool one. Where did you come up with the idea for that piece? Lovin the beautiful artwork. Do continue.[/i]

[color=purple]Thanks! The idea came to me quite simply, actually. Since I put him in a battle stance, I just thought that I should throw in some opponents in the background. However, I ran into the little problem that he was looking in the opposite direction, making zero sense, so I threw in the lightsaber in the foremost foreground. Voila - an ambush was born.
    [/color]

[hr]

[b]Darth_Snuggle[/b] -

[i]Ooh, very nice Your_Worshipfulness. Fabric has always given my a headache. I even have Hogarth's book on wrinkles and drapery and I still can't get it quite right![/i]

[color=purple]Thank-you. Trust me when I say that I've had my share of headaches too. I still do from time to time. I'm sure if you keep at it, you'll get it. :) [/color]

[hr]

[b]Corellian_Rogue[/b] -

[i]The sheer amount of detail is about to make my brain explode![/i]

[color=purple]Ha! Now you know how I feel when I look at your work. :D[/color]

[i]Someone already commented on this but I also love how every dark character has different stance and lightsaber style. With multiple dark sith/jedi you can risk them looking like clones or an army but you've done very well to give them their sense of individuality even thought they are all robed in dark cloaks. Kudos to you![/i]

[color=purple] Thanks so much. That was the very thing I wanted to avoid. [/color]

[i]Oh and congrats on being Canadian! Why? Well why not![/i]

[color=purple]Lmao, Thanks, I guess.[/color]

[hr]

[b]FalconFan[/b] -

[i]Yowza!! I was in breathless anticipation of this piece, Y_W, but cou

19. angel_of_the_force

angel_of_the_force Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    *hits for being lurker* kidding. lol i am a lurker to

ur leia looks just like carrie!

20. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    What beautiful pieces you show here !
    Yoda is great and about Leia, I don't remember who said it was more beautiful than the reference pic but i can only second that, it's ****ing awesome. Sorry for Carrie but I've always thought black and white portraits have a lot more charm than actual pics :D

I'm impatient to see your next artwork ;)

21. Delta_36

Delta_36 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2005
    =D= =D= =P~ [face_money_eyes] need i say more

22. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Wow! Leia's a big hit here...
    ---

angel_of_the_force - Thank-you! Lurking is such a disease, lol.

---

aurelia-acc -

"What beautiful pieces you show here !
    Yoda is great and about Leia, I don't remember who said it was more beautiful than the reference pic but i can only second that, it's ****ing awesome.
    "

Thank-you so very much! You honor me with your compliments, as your work is insanely perfect. :)

"Sorry for Carrie but I've always thought black and white portraits have a lot more charm than actual pics."

I too share the same view.

---

Delta_36 - Thanks so much! That arrangement of faces you threw together amused me.

---
    Thank-you everyone :D

- Suz ^_~

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Have you ever considered doing this kind of thing on the side of what you already have for a job for a living? Cause your work is some of the best I've seen. I've never been disappointed with it. :)

24. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I'm a habitual lurker (only ACTUALLY signed up recently, actually) but your work has drawn me out of the shadows. Will any more be forthcoming?

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wanted to comment on this piece sooner, but it completely slipped my mind. :oops:

Anyway...that is amazing! First of all, the subject matter is very interesting with the single Jedi surrounded by the Sith. I like that we're getting to see more scenes as opposed to portraits etc. I think the color you added really makes the piece. With just the simple splashes of blue and red, you can easily comprehend what is going on. Nicely done! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.