main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005

Lol. same here.

Excellent work on ur newest peice- incredible shading, colors are esquisite. And if we were to ask Han Solo about Leia in this picture i'm guessing he would say something like this:

"yea...thats mine"
    - Han Solo

i'll be back.

Arsnl

2. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Glad I dropped back into this thread!

"This is not a date" is a great "candid" illustration, Your_Worshipfulness. Plenty of detail, but the composition clues you in immediately on what you're supposed to be looking at.

"Budoir Session" Hmmm... The background looks wonderful (that's what I'm looking at. Really, I swear [face_whistling] ). Drapery looks great, and those cut-outs remind me of the ones in the carbon-freeze chamber - a set detail I always loved.

Oh yeah, Leia looks pretty good, too ;)

3. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Thanks everyone for all your kind comments on this. I consider my digital painting skills to be kind of...bad. I just haven't found a technique or method that I'm comfortable with, resulting in the feeling of frustration with Photoshop and my own inadequacy. So it really made me feel better to know that I did an okay job, even if it was a bit messy here and there.

------

DarthMaul431 -

"I like how you blended the two trilogies together, with the free-flowing violet curtains (which reminds me of Padme's Verandah) and then the mechanical, streamlined chrome colors of the Imperial architecture."

Thanks! I never even realized it could be looked upon as blending the trilogies together. Achieving a SW look still sometimes eludes me, and I often end up with something that looks Victorian on my first try. I really wish I could have given it a more mechanical aspect like I did in some parts of the sketch, but my painting skills are limited. I did add the curtains purposefully though, just to lighten the area and give it a bedroom type of feel.

...Well that and I like drawing drapery. :p

[b]FalconFan[/b] -

[i]"Who else could it be, filling out that fabulous gold bikini but Leia??"[/i]

[color=purple]It's a good thing that her outfit is so well known. Makes my life easier since I couldn't match her face, lol. The pencil work is actually pretty bad as a lot of things are crooked and lopsided or simply don't match up. Even the painted version has problems. As for the colouring, the bed and wall were the hardest for me and also took the longest amount of time, so I appreciate your comment on them. Thanks Deb![/color]

[i]"gads, I hope she's waiting for Han and not for Jabba!!! **shudders at the thought**"[/i]

[color=purple]You and me both.[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]Idrelle_Miocovani[/b] - [color=purple]Thanks ever so much! :)[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]wicktone[/b] -

"[i]I can't read the title of this without laughing."[/i]

[color=purple]...and [i]I[/i] couldn't read that line without laughing! I couldn't help but think that it appeared like a Boudoir photo, so I went with it. Besides, I don't think any other title would have suited it any better. I am glad to know my detail work is improving, though. The wall took me forever, but it was worth it.[/color]

[i]You're an expert at folds![/i]

[color=purple]Thanks! Someone I knew once told me that they had great respect for anyone that could draw loose garments with folds and creases rather than skintight outfits. Ever since he made that comment, I kind of set out to learn how to draw them well. I guess I should thank him.[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]Corellian_Rogue[/b] -

[i]"I half expected the bed to be a love-heart though LOL!"[/i]

[color=purple]Don't laugh! That thought actually crossed my mind! lol

You don't know how close I was to not even bothering to post this up (after all, I don't want people getting the wrong idea). I still feel a tiny bit embarassed.[/color]

[i]"Oh and don't tell anyone but I'm thinking of doing a special Quinlan pic for all those fangirls too...no fair all the boys get the fun yes?"[/i]

[color=purple]You are so naughty!...looking forward to it! :D[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]HanSolo29[/b] -

"[i]I bet all the fan boys are drooling over that pic right now. [b]But then again, that's part of the fun of being a female fan - we get to drive the guys nuts with things like this.[/b] [/i]"

[color=purple]Ha ha ha, why yes!, yes we do! ;)[/color]

"[i]But I have to agree with C_R about us girls needing more pictures to drool over.[/i]"

[color=purple]oh dear, that's not a challenge or anything is it? But in all seriousness, I really do thank you for your comments. :)
    [/color]
    [hr]
    [b]benkenobi151[/b] - [color=purple] Aw, thanks for taking the time to stop by yet again! [/color]
    [hr]
    [b]DarthZemog[/b] -

[color=purple] I can't believe someone's in awe of [i]my[/i] photoshop colouring skills. Thanks so much! I've always felt that it was a particular area that I was fairly weak in. (I still

4. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Great ! I'm really impatient to see it;)

5. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    I think it might be too sketchy. The rather rough look for his cloak was intentional because it was blurry in the ref. image (I think it was in mid-motion). Also, there were a couple of areas where I just kind of 'winged' it. You'll probably notice that it looks different compared to the other Realism art I've done, and that's because this was drawn on Bristol - different paper, different results.

Medium: Pencils | reference used

The Emperor (small version)

My bristol sketchpad is larger than my scanner, so I had to puzzle it together in PS. It's pretty much close to the actual size. I'd suggest you look at this from a distance - it looks better that way...like most art.

The Emperor (Actual size)

As always, Thanks for commenting and/or looking. It's much appreciated :)

- Suz ^_~

6. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Wow, evil, very evil. [face_devil]

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm gonna have to duct-tape my mouth up when I start visiting this thread, cause every time I do, my mouth drops, and it's starting to hurt. Once again, great piece of work. The detail is awesome, even the gnarly teeth. How long did it take you to do this?

So... What's the next one we get to look forward to?

Attention LucasFilm... PAY ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD. ;)

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    :eek:

The perfect Emperor. Very evil.

9. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Suz, your Emperor is bloody fantastic ! I love all the details on his face, don't know if you had fun drawing all these wrinkles, but you did a stunning job on them. And the teeth, wow, they're incredible. A huge Bravo ! =D=

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::_|=D=

OMG!!!
    That's...that's... Damn, I'm out of superlatives again!!!
    I'm stunned, Suz--absolutely and completely stunned!! This is so amazing: the way you've captured that malevolent expression, from his glowering brow to his snarling, snaggle-toothed mouth--it's freakin' perfect!! I agree with Aurelia that the details here are flawless--all the wrinkling around his eyes and his cheeks... It must have taken so much time (or possibly not...?), I really admire your dedication to the tiny, tiny details! Absolutely awesome work!!
    =D==D=

FF

11. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Oh wow!!!! :D Amazing, wonderful and brilliant with a delicious dose of evil! Those teeth, I love it when teeth and wrinkles are done so well. I guess even a big scary emperor guy is scared of the dentist! LOL :D That's why your mother always tells you not to use the dark side...oral hygiene! I knew it had to be more than just being nice and not killing everyone. AHA!

My mind is blown at the superbness of this Suz...everyone should give you a big clap for this latest wonder. :)

12. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    How did I keep missing this thread? You do amazing work, and I love your drawings...so detailed, and in depth. The backgrounds of your pictures are just as amazing as your main focus. You have a great talent, please post more!

~Vassago

13. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I gotta agree, those teeth are killing me! In the best possible way, of course. The big version would be great to stick on cigarette packs to get people to stop smoking...

Stunning work again, Suz! I love how the left side of the image seems to be blurring, as if you captured him snapping his head up and hissing like a snake. And just incredible detail on the wrinkles around his mouth, and the decaying tissue of his neck.

I have to say, I haven't seen many images of Palpatine that really nailed just how evil he looks towards the end of ROTS. This really seems to have the spirit of his character down.

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Just to echo everyone else, that is an amazing drawing. The Emperor has never looked better, if you see what I mean ;)

15. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    *sighing*

I love your work. The Emperor and This is not a Date made me laugh.

Zonoma

16. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ooh... I can feel how prune-like and waxy his skin is. *shudder* I need to wash my hands...

Good job!

17. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wow, great work! You've really captured Palpatine there. *shudders* The texture and impact of his face and expression is just... wow.

Well done! =D= :D

18. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    =D= That emperor drawing is awesome great job on it. Keep up the good work.

19. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow thas truly amazimg Your_Worshipfulness!!
    I love the tones you used, the texture of his skin that you captured, you also managed to caputre movement in it, its really amazing! :) Very well done to you! =D=

20. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    odj_310388 - Wow, very, very evil

That's the very thing that drew me to the picture and made me want to draw it. :)

[b]Jedi_Commander_Faofa -[/b] [color=purple] Thanks [b]Cmdr. F[/b]! ^_^. You are, as always, way too kind. [/color]

[i]How long did it take you to do this?[/i]

[color=purple]As I've said before, it's so hard to gauge. I'd definately say it takes 25+up hours. Perhaps a lot more. But keep in mind that I've said that I'm an insanely slow worker, and sometimes I can end up spending an hour on just touching up something as small as a portion of a nose in a portrait. Maybe I should try to keep track next time? [/color]

[i]So... What's the next one we get to look forward to?[/i]

[color=purple]Hmmm...I honestly don't really know. I did start a picture of a young Anakin (realism) a little while back, but dropped it to complete this one instead. Perhaps some may think a picture of anakin as a boy isn't all that exciting, but I like the happy feel of it, and I think it might be nice to see after drawing the Emperor. So, I'd say that it's most likely I'll go back and finish it (unless something else catches my attention, ofcourse.[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]Idrelle_Miocovani - [/b] [i] The perfect Emperor. Very evil. [/i]

[color=purple]Thanks! I thought so myself :)[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]aurelia-acc - [/b] [i] I love all the details on his face, don't know if you had fun drawing all these wrinkles, but you did a stunning job on them. [/i]

[color=purple]It took some time, that's for sure. The only thing that drove me a little nuts was that I had to be really careful with erasing areas to keep his skin rough looking.[/color]

[i] And the teeth, wow, they're incredible [/i]

[color=purple]Oh, that's such a relief. Teeth are something that I've had some problems with before, and it most certainly didn't help any that they were a little bit difficult to discern from one another in the magazine image. Thanks so much for the kind comments. :)[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]FalconFan -[/b] [i]OMG!!!
    That's...that's... Damn, I'm out of superlatives again!!!
    I'm stunned, Suz--absolutely and completely stunned!! This is so amazing: the way you've captured that malevolent expression, from his glowering brow to his snarling, snaggle-toothed mouth--it's freakin' perfect!! [/i]

[color=purple] Gee, Thanks Deb, [face_hugs] You sure know how to make someone feel really good about their artwork. :)[/color]

[i]I agree with Aurelia that the details here are flawless--all the wrinkling around his eyes and his cheeks... It must have taken so much time (or possibly not...?), I really admire your dedication to the tiny, tiny details! Absolutely awesome work!![/i]

[color=purple] Yeah, it did take quite a bit of time (but then it always does because that's just me). I would have finished it sooner if I hadn't set it aside. Sometimes I get to a point where I think something is turning out below expectations, which I then deem as a lost cause and abruptly abandon the project. From all the feedback generated so far, it makes me very glad that I re-thought my decision. :) [/color]
    [hr]
    [b]Corellian_Rogue - [/b] [i]Oh wow!!!! Amazing, wonderful and brilliant with a delicious dose of evil! Those teeth, I love it when teeth and wrinkles are done so well. [/i]

[color=purple]Thanks CR! Teeth are sometimes difficult for me (though why that is, I have no idea) and I worked a really long time on his wrinkles to make them stand out.[/color]

[i]I guess even a big scary emperor guy is scared of the dentist! LOL That's why your mother always tells you not to use the dark side...oral hygiene! I knew it had to be more than just being nice and not killing everyone. AHA! [/i]

[color=purple] Lol. Most definately. Since having to stare at his teeth for so long, I think I'd be more scared of him biting me than throwing force lightning. [/color]
    [hr]
    [b]Darth-Vassago - [/b] [i]How did I keep missing this thread? You do amazing work, and I love your drawings...so detailed, and in depth. The backgro

21. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I love the details you have here. The teeth help to capture how evil the emperor is.

22. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    wow, very good!
    Still I think you're better with a pencil that colour. *justmyopinion*
    The pic ot the emperor ist simply amazing.
    Did you have a picture to paint from? Just can't believe one can think up soemthing like that. I could not!

23. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    You really brought out the ugly in his face didn't you? lol. Excellent work again! The shading is posetively incredible! And the depth between him and his cloak is great.

Arsnl

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    The more I look around the FanArt board, the more amazed I am at the talent here! Wow!

Beautiful, beautiful work! I love your Yoda and the Emperor - shading and detail are just excellent in both!

*I can see that I need to spend a LOT more time working at this if I seriously want to come up to standard around here*

Inspired again...

oldj

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    :eek:

Okay, you have officially rendered me speechless. That drawing is amazing! You captured Palpy's likeness exactly! I really can't think of any words to describe how good it is! I'm just blown away! GREAT job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.