main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    StarFighter5 - I love the details you have here. The teeth help to capture how evil the emperor is.

Thank-you! ^_^

[b]MsLanna -[/b] [i]wow, very good! [/i]

[color=purple] Thanks! :)[/color]

[i]Still I think you're better with a pencil that colour. *justmyopinion* [/i]

[color=purple]I agree with you wholeheartedly. I really need to get better.[/color]

[i]The pic ot the emperor ist simply amazing.
    Did you have a picture to paint from? Just can't believe one can think up soemthing like that. I could not! [/i]

[color=purple]^_^ Yes, I used a picture from a magazine. There's no way I could do that from the top of my head, lol. Though I wish I could. :p[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]Darth_ArsnL -[/b] [i]You really brought out the ugly in his face didn't you? lol. [/i]
    [color=purple] I guess I did.[face_laugh] [/color]

[i]Excellent work again! The shading is posetively incredible! And the depth between him and his cloak is great.[/i]

[color=purple]Thanks a bunch! :)[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]oldjedinurse -[/b][i]The more I look around the FanArt board, the more amazed I am at the talent here! Wow! [/i]

[color=purple] Lol, Tell me about it. Sometimes it's just mind-boggling.[/color]

[i] Beautiful, beautiful work! I love your Yoda and the Emperor - shading and detail are just excellent in both! [/i]

[color=purple] Thanks for such kind words and for stopping by. Glad you enjoy them so much.[/color]
    [hr]
    [b]HanSolo29 - [/b][i]Okay, you have officially rendered me speechless. That drawing is amazing! You captured Palpy's likeness exactly! I really can't think of any words to describe how good it is! I'm just blown away! GREAT job![/i]

[color=purple] Wow, thank-you very much. It's nice to see you around again (I believe you wrote somewhere you were on vacation to Disneyland and that you might post up some piccy's. Me hopes you do! - Oh and I hope that you had a great time :) )I think you've just rendered [i]me[/i] speechless with such a glowing compliment.[face_blush] [/color]

---
    Thanks again all :)
    - Suz ^_~

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Holy moly! Your drawing of Palps actually made me cringe in fear! Wonderful job on the detailing and likeness! =D=

I wish I could look at it again for 'the first time' so I could experience that cringe effect again! LOL!

3. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Lol, Thanks, Obi-Dawn. :)

Here's a new pic, but it's nothing extravagant - just some watercolour fun. If you're anything like me though and the name "Tion Medon" doesn't ring any bells, he's one the new alien species from Episode III. It may not look it, but it took roughly around 15 hrs. altogether.

[b]Medium:[color=gray] Pencil/Watercolours/reference used[/color][/b]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-tionmedon-smsig.jpg]Tion Medon[/link]

Thanks for looking and/or commenting. :)

- Suz ^_~

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    That's fantastic. Very detailed for a watercolour, very nice work. You've captured the texture so well, I can almost feel the ridges on his face and the corrugated nature of his clothes.=D=

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    He's gorgeous. Gorgeous!

I don't even know where to start with what I like about it the most because I like it all so much. I would love to see this framed and hung up on a wall somewhere.

You captured the texture of his skin so very well and his eyes look as if they were about to move. And the position you painted him in, looking down, is fantastic because it helps convey his tall stature even though we can't see his whole body. What a great likeness!
    But I think I'm most bowled over by the work you did on his high collar. You did such a good job of shading in the ridges, it's wonderfully detailed.
    And the way you colored in the fabric around his neck and upper chest, it's beautifully done.

This is a truly beautiful piece of art. :)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oiy! Watercolor? How is it possible to capture so much detail with watercolor?

If you haven't noticed already, I struggle with watercolor. :p

I think the big eyecatcher in this piece is how you've managed to capture so much detail in the texture of his skin and especially the eyes. The eyes appear so lifelike in this piece, it's creepy. Well, really...the guy's creepy in general, but that's beside the point. :p I just can't get over how you managed to capture so much realism with watercolor. I applaud you for just being able to work with that stuff - truly an amazing job! =D=

7. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Eheh, that's too cool to exist. Curse you and your awesome fold (and other similar fabric-detailing) power!

This is probably my new favorite thing of yours. Well, it's at least tied with that awesome Mara/Lando scene. Very skillful handling of the watercolours; it's really quite an impressive rendering. Watercolours are so hard to keep from running together and ending up 'muddy', but yours are so crisp and perfectly saturated.

Plus, I've always liked the design of these Utapau shrivel-face guys. It's facsinating that they 'look' like they should be evil characters, but they instead have a sort of wise and resigned aspect.

8. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Awesome job Suz =D= I especially love all the details on his face, it's so precise for something done with watercolour and you really did a great job on his clothes as well =D=

9. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Great job- really captured the ugly. lol. nice coloration in his colar.

Arsnl

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh my...just...oh my!!!

=D==D=

This is just stunning, Suz: the richness of the colors (and everyone is sooo right--the watercolors are just gorgeous!!), the pose, the serenity we sense from his expression... I can't get over the beautiful way you've rendered his skin textures and colors--really, this looks like a promotional photograph rather than a painting! It's so real-looking!! The robes just look amazing--and that color!!! I love this so much, Suz!! Well, well done!

=D==D=

FF

11. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Wow...this is just as beautiful as everyone says it is! It looks almost like watercolours on top of pastels - but you said it was all watercolour. Definitely blown away. Making anything other than a wishy washy mess with watercolour is insanely difficult, and I envy you something silly. Watercolour pencils -help- but I think they really count as a different medium in the long run.

This is a wonderful likeness - and the guy still scares me - although he looks a little bit stroppy in this image. Does he always look like that? *hasn't seen the film yet - blasphemy* Anyway...hope to see more watercolour art in here if this is how it comes out!

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oooo, lovely Tion Medon! A wonderful use of watercolours... :D Great job! =D=

13. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I really liked all your drawings and paintings!

14. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    You do realise how hot this is don't you? Sorry for sounding like Paris hilton for a moment but just looking at this shocked by poor brain and knocked my IQ down at least thirty points. :D

Beautiful work with a hard medium! Watercolours can be so unpredictable and though I love them, I can never pluck up the courage to do something this detailed! Go you Suz! You continue to astound and amaze and leave us all in a state of wonder and joy! :) Gah the folds of skin! The details and texture and colour all mix together so well! And good choice of character too, I remember sitting in the cinema and thinking hey that guy's cool! :D Well done!

15. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Oh, great. I didn't know those Utapaun guys's faces were supposed to be gray. It appeared yellow in the picture I used. Hmph. Well, whatever, I think yellow makes it look better. :p

- Oh and thanks for providing the name of their species, wick. I didn't have a clue what they were called. (It wasn't mentioned in the magazine.)

------
    soitscometothis -

Thanks. I spent the majority of the time sketching his face to the right proportions with as much detail as possible.

Obi-Dawn Kenobi -

Thank-you very much! The comment regarding it being hung up on a wall was especially sweet of you to say. You flatter me. Glad to know the impression that he's a tall fellow is at least somewhat apparent. Didn't know if that would show or not.

I'm fairly happy with the result of the left side of the collar, but I think the right side is a little sloppy.

HanSolo29 -

Oiy! Watercolor? How is it possible to capture so much detail with watercolor?

I use more paint than water to keep the colours opaque for the finer details and really dark shades. Also helps to have a fine tipped brush.

If you don't do this already, than a little tip is to keep a piece of kleenex on hand to suck out any unwanted excess water from the brush (just a quick dab). Also using watercolour tubes makes mixing colours on a pallet a lot easier. But this is stuff you probably already know. Also should keep in mind that I'm not a Pro either.

Thanks for such kind comments! :)

wicktone -

Eheh, that's too cool to exist. Curse you and your awesome fold (and other similar fabric-detailing) power!

Yes, kneel before me...for I am supreme. lol.

New favourite? Wow, such high praise from 'The Master' himself. I thought I was a bit rusty as it's been a few years since I've last touched watercolours at all, but thanks. You may not be able to see them, but there are some splotches here and there.

I should mention that you are partially responsible for this piece ever coming to be, as it was my mention of my past watercolour use in your art thread that got me itching to pull them out again.

So, thanks for that too. ;)

aurelia-acc -

Thanks, Aurélia. I used my flat brush sideways to get a nice super thin line to match the pencil work. I've had the brush for several years but never used it up until now, lol.

Darth_ArsnL -

Ha ha ha...aparrently capturing 'the ugly' has become one of my new talents. Thanks for the compliments. :)

FalconFan -

I can't get over the beautiful way you've rendered his skin textures and colors--really, this looks like a promotional photograph rather than a painting! It's so real-looking!! The robes just look amazing--and that color!!! I love this so much, Suz!! Well, well done!

A promotional photograph? Well, I don't know about that, lol. Happy to know the colours look alright, as a lot of mixing went into it to get the right shades - the hardest being the work on his face. Thanks, Deb. :)

Idrelle_Miocovani -

Thanks so much! That means a lot as I've said it's been quite some time since I last messed with paints. Wasn't sure If I'd do a decent job.

TroubledAnakin -

Wow...this is just as beautiful as everyone says it is! It looks almost like watercolours on top of pastels - but you said it was all watercolour.

Yup. Aside from the use of pencil to sketch it out, it's pure watercolour. Hmmm...maybe it looks that way because I added layer upon layer of paint? I have been told in the past that I had a somewhat unique approach to watercolours. Speaking of watercolour pencils, I was going to use those (I have a couple), but opted not to as I prefer to mix the colours on a tray rather than just adding water to the paper.

This is a wonderful liken

16. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Awesome stuff. Watercolours are tricky ad you handled it well.

17. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    This is my first attempt at a Star Wars themed wall, so please be kind. I tried to keep the file size as small as possible without losing colour and quality. If it's still too big, there's an 800x600 version (I wouldn't recommend it though). If anyone has any ideas for a more exciting title for this, by all means, throw them at me.

Yay or Nay?

Padme Wallpaper (1024x768) - 174kb

Padme Wallpaper (800x600) - 119kb

Thanks for any thoughts, comments or for just taking a gander.

- Suz ^_~

18. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    LOL :D I just got through writing on my thread that I can't wait for your wallpaper and here it is! :) Are you reading my mind again with those pesky Sith powers Suz? *eyes you warily along with those teapots*

Love it! :) The fire contrasts so well with the feminity and sorrow of Padme in her wedding dress. Nice cropped imagery placement, and good choice of typeface, I usually don't like swirly styles but it works really well here. Speaks so much! I love it! :D Well done! You should do more of these, you're really quite good at them gal!

19. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    :eek: The colours are beautiful in that desktop. I like the squares at the top, and the main picture of padme is lovely. You should make more desktops.. you have a good sense of composition. ;)

20. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Beautiful wallpaper! I didn't know you did graphic design.

I like the big, empty space you left to put icons in, and it was very bold to leave it white. I think that most people think a white space on a BG is bad, but I think it works great, because it really focuses your eyes on the image part of the wallpaper and away from the ugly Microsoft Word icons and the like.

Fantastic job adjusting the lighting on the photos to make it look like the fire was bouncing light onto their skin and clothing. It looks entirely un-messed with, which is a credit to how skillfully they were messed with.

21. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    it's amazing Suz, the colors are gorgeous and I love the way you arranged the pics and text

22. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
  23. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    wow !

Beautiful work. Your Tion Medon looks really good Suz ! Keep up the good work !

Ry

24. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Correlian_Rogue

LOL I just got through writing on my thread that I can't wait for your wallpaper and here it is! Are you reading my mind again with those pesky Sith powers Suz? *eyes you warily along with those teapots*

*quickly throws Sith robe out a window*

Me with Sith powers? Come on! That's sheer lunacy.

Lol, it was just a flukey coincidence. I had just finished working on it and since I was already on the computer at the time I decided to quickly post it up.

Love it! The fire contrasts so well with the feminity and sorrow of Padme in her wedding dress. Nice cropped imagery placement, and good choice of typeface, I usually don't like swirly styles but it works really well here. Speaks so much! I love it! Well done! You should do more of these, you're really quite good at them gal!

Thank-you C_R! [:D]

Handwritten type fonts aren't exactly my favourite either. I find the typeface to be difficult to handle when applying effects while still keeping them clear because of how thin the lettering is (sometimes making them 'bold' doesn't help or just makes it look worse). But it does always seems to work well with 'romantic' imagery.

dashleebo

The colours are beautiful in that desktop. I like the squares at the top, and the main picture of padme is lovely. You should make more desktops.. you have a good sense of composition.

Thanks for the kind compliments! ^^ I'm quite happy with the colour myself. I was originally going to go with a golden colour-scheme (as well as a much different idea), but the fire effect was more alluring and it won out in the end.

wicktone

Beautiful wallpaper! I didn't know you did graphic design.

It's a hobby.

I like the big, empty space you left to put icons in, and it was very bold to leave it white. I think that most people think a white space on a BG is bad, but I think it works great, because it really focuses your eyes on the image part of the wallpaper and away from the ugly Microsoft Word icons and the like.

Fantastic job adjusting the lighting on the photos to make it look like the fire was bouncing light onto their skin and clothing. It looks entirely un-messed with, which is a credit to how skillfully they were messed with.

Thank-you very much. :)

aurelia-acc

it's amazing Suz, the colors are gorgeous and I love the way you arranged the pics and text

Thanks Aurélia. It took me a while to find what I thought would be the best suited layout for the small rectangular screens and text. Glad it looks good.

jedi-master-faran

Thanks. ^^

Ryuuri-chan

Beautiful work. Your Tion Medon looks really good Suz ! Keep up the good work !

Aw, Thanks a bunch Ry. :)

-----
    Thanks for the comments everyone! It's much appreciated. I'll post more up if I get inspired again.

- Suz ^_~

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    This wallpaper has VERY nice color. You made all of the pics that hue as well. Great job! This background rocks. It blows most of mine out of the water, lol. Maybe one thing I would have done though is make the text just a tad bit bigger. But that's about it!

Now you can make computer wallpapers... That's just about everything now, isn't it? There's no stopping you now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.