main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I must say your work is truely amazing and inspiring perhapes if i ever get some free time I'll pick up my sketch book and try to see if i can still draw.

You're Princess Leia was extremely realistic, and the eyes almost draw you in.

Yoda was very good rendition of him in Ep 1 especially nice adition of the hand most would
    have been happy just to get the face right and call it quits(Personal jab at self).

I would have to agree with the rest of your fans on Surrounded it's very extraordinary work
    especialy on the fabric, but the over all background and lightsabers is very good,
    it also tells an interesting story too with the main character surrounded and off in the
    background appears to be the master of the surrounding party just watching or meditating.
    Fascinating!

'This is not a Date' is also very well done, your alien is good, and i realy enjoyed the
    translation in Aurebesh at the top...I rarely see that in anyone else's work.Bravo![face_alien_1]

Boudoir looks great and you really do have a gift with not only fabrics but drawing in general,
    the detail in lighting and the different architecture and leia herself, is wonderfully
    done

The Emporer, you can almost feel his hate, it does say evil. Congratulations

Tion Medon is very life like, tremendous job with the watercolors.

Padme Wallpaper, is very well done, I'll have to try and download later.

=D= =D= =D= :cool:=D= =D=

2. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Jedi_Commander_Faofa

This wallpaper has VERY nice color. You made all of the pics that hue as well. Great job! This background rocks. It blows most of mine out of the water, lol. Maybe one thing I would have done though is make the text just a tad bit bigger. But that's about it!

Thanks so much Cmr. Faofa! :)

Ah, I was worried that would be the case with the font. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to remember that for future work.

Now you can make computer wallpapers... That's just about everything now, isn't it? There's no stopping you now.

Nope, there sure isn't. :D

Mitth_Fisto

I must say your work is truely amazing and inspiring perhapes if i ever get some free time I'll pick up my sketch book and try to see if i can still draw.

Thank-you very much! not just for such kind words for everything, but also for looking through my entire little gallery. I can't believe my work has inspired someone. I hope you do post something up in the future. :)

You know, I'm still surprised at how "Surrounded" turnded out, as I put almost no effort into it as far as coming up with a story goes. I was just trying to make it more 'exciting' to look at by adding something in the bg because most of my work is strictly character drawings (something I'm still striving to change). As I mentioned before, I hadn't even realized the potential of one until others commented on it.

Well I actually finished this about a week ago, but I was too lazy to scan and upload it. I tried to be more daring with the shading, as awhile back, [b]bwize[/b] mentioned that I should try to add more contrast on my drawing of 'Princess Leia'. Though I haven't gotten to trying to fix that up yet, I did try to keep that in mind as I was drawing this one. Not sure if I was completely successful though.

[b]Medium[/b] - Pencils (reference used)
    [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-podracerani.jpg]Podracer Ani[/link]

...Also have a little portrait sketch here of just a random character I created out of the blue. I didn't use any references for help as I was trying to come up with a realistic looking face on my own. Even ended up giving her a name.

[b]Medium[/b] - Pencils
    [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-ladyvess-sketch.jpg]Vess A'shann[/link]

Thanks to all for taking the time to look and comments are always appreciated.

- Suz ^_~

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::eek:
    =D=

**bows humbly to the Master...**

WOW!!! Ani looks like a freakin' photograph, Suz!! They both do, but Ani really strikes me as so: the lighting, the shadows, the beautiful expressive moment captured in such stunning clarity...awesome!!! What a beautiful, beautiful drawing! And Vess is gorgeous, too, particularly with the detailing in her headdress and in the intricate tattoos (could she be of a race similar to Bariss Offee...?)--totally believable, totally gorgeous! I just love her smile--she strikes me immediately as a gentle and good-natured soul--and her wise and knowing eyes... You did this with no reference??
    **bows again**
    Stunning, my dear, simply stunning!! What a wonderful post, Your_Worship--between your new work and that of C_R, I'm in viewer-heaven!

=D=

FF

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    What beautiful pencil drawings! You are extremely talented.

AG88

5. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    wow Suz,your drawing of Ani is awesome, his eyes are so catching and the shadows are greatly done. Bravo =D=

I also really like the other portrait, a very detailed one, you did a great job with the tattoo.;)

6. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    We seem to post our updates eerily close to each other Suz. Those pesky Sith powers again? :D

What a wonderful and marvelous update to a beautiful collection of work!!! And yes that sentence did require three exclamation marks, that's how much I believe in that statement. Your skills with graphite never cease to amaze me. Both images are wonderfully rich in depth and details, truly wonderful. I just wonder, what size paper do you usually work on? And also were these scanned as is or are there trails of extra lines, rendering that you crop off? Your work is always so neat (especially when you see how messy I work with traditional media in my thread). You work your materials beautifully, I should really take a leaf out of yours and Falcon's book and use them properly and spend more time, not as a way of just getting ideas down.

Your Anakin is beautiful, I usually hate that little kid but you've endeared him to me. Is it just me or do I see two people fighting with lightsabers in his left eye? A glimpse of the future or am I trippin again? :)

And your original character is beautiful, she really embodies a caring, happy personality, not what you see much in the Star Wars world of dark lords and strange creatures. Those tattoos really suit her face too, following the smiling lines of her eyes and enhancing it. Most people with tats on their faces are evil or quite serious characters but this is an interesting take. Love it! :D

Well done!

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think that PodracerAni is one of the most outstanding pencil studies I've seen on the board. The textures are so realistic and evocative, and the accuracy is self-evident. You were right to up the contrasts in this piece, it looks great =D=

Vess A'shann is also wonderful, very impressive especialy for something drawn without reference.

You're really producing great work at the moment.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Eek!

You just totally blew me away with that pencil drawing. I have no constructive criticsm for this piece, that's for sure. It's beautiful! The level of detail in this drawing is amazing. I mean, just look at those teeth! And every individual dip, rivet and freckle on his face you managed to put into this thing! I'm curious, just how long did it take you to prefect a masterpiece like that? It's truly amazing! :D

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    PodracerAni was truly amazing, and great work at trying to get reflections in his eyes. Most Impressive.

Vess A'shann was amazing and Really used no reference,
    *removes cap and inclines to the master* Spectacular.=D=

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Good lord, I just have to say, your work is amazing. Your Ani podracer image is STUNNING! You have such amazing control in your drawing! You perfectly captured his weathered facial features!

Brilliant work! =D=

11. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    that's a great drawing of Anakin, Your_Worshipfulness! -ja

12. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Your artwork is, as others have said, simply stunning. The detail, shading, accuracy, etcetera put into each one goes to show just how much time and effort you put into each of these amazing pieces. Each of your works has an atmosphere all its own, and it's just amazing that you can capture such a feeling in each piece. Amazing, and great. Keep it up. :)

~Vassago

13. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Every time I am pleased that I seem to have learned something I come over here and proceed to beat my head on the keyboard and repeat, "Someday I'll be as cool as she is. Someday I'll be as cool as she is!" Awesome.

14. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Sorry for such a late reply everyone.

-----

FalconFan

Thanks for so much praise on Ani, as I had a bit of a hard time on trying to provide more contrast. (I kept thinking that I was going overboard on the shading for his face). One thing that was nice about drawing this though was the fact that the reference picture was much larger than what I'm used to working with, so adding in details was a bit easier. But because of the paper, I didn't add in as many freckles as I probably should (I just couldn't seem to get the detail as fine as I wanted to, so I settled for what I could).

(could she be of a race similar to Bariss Offee...?)

Hmmm...it wasn't intentional, but I suppose she does look a little like Bariss's race. I love how you describe her, Deb! Far better than I could (You always pin it down so well)

Stunning, my dear, simply stunning!! What a wonderful post, Your_Worship--between your new work and that of C_R, I'm in viewer-heaven!

Likewise, Deb! Likewise. ;) :)

-----

academygrad88

Thank-you very much for such kind words, AG88 :)

-----

aurelia-acc

Aw, thanks so much Aurélia. Eyes are one of my favourite parts to draw, so I'm glad they look good.

-----

Corellian_Rogue

Wow! I get Three exclamtion marks? Thanks! :D [:D]

I just wonder, what size paper do you usually work on?

Well it kind of depends what type of art I decide to do. If I'm drawing my own little creations, I usually use the good old fashioned regular 8½" x 11" (inches) print paper that we all know and love. If it's realism I tend to mainly use my 9" x 12" Strathmore sketchpad (Podracer Ani, Master Yoda, Princess Leia), but sometimes I'll use my 11" x 14" Bristol Sketchpad (The Emperor). I guess I should also mention that Tion Medon was drawn on 10" x 15" Watercolour paper.

And also were these scanned as is or are there trails of extra lines, rendering that you crop off?

I do crop of the sides and such just to get rid of the coils of the sketchpad and to make it look, well...nicer, but yeah, there is a tiny bit cut off from the actual picture because my scanner isn't as large as my sketchpad. I hate having to 'piece' together my art, so since it's just a little that's been cut off, I don't even bother (it really doesn't make that much difference anyway). Also resize to keep the filesize small and because the scanner makes it look a lot worse than it actually is.

Your work is always so neat (especially when you see how messy I work with traditional media in my thread)

Trust me, it doesn't look neat in the beginning. I loosely sketch all over the place to make sure I position it correctly to take up the entire paper, then begin the task of replacing those sketchy lines with more accurate and precise ones. I also end up erasing quite a few smudge marks on the paper from blending with my fingers when I'm finished. (Blending with fingers might be messy, but it's just something I prefer.)

Your Anakin is beautiful, I usually hate that little kid but you've endeared him to me. Is it just me or do I see two people fighting with lightsabers in his left eye? A glimpse of the future or am I trippin again?

I'm not an extremely big fan either, but I saw the picture and just really liked the joy that seems to roll off it. What can I say? The ultra girly-side of me made me draw it. Also the fact that I don't see any art of him was another factor.

So there's two people fighting in his eye? *takes a good look* I think I can see what you're seeing, but no, I didn't purposely draw anyone dueling there...though that does sound kind of like a neat idea. :D

-----

soitscometothis

Wow. You just completely floored me with those co

15. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Page four!? Wow...just a friendly bump. :)

~Vassago

16. Lippy

Lippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2004
    This is not a date SLIGHTLY colourfied!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Lipstress/marabar.gif]

17. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very, very nice, Libby.

AG88

18. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    wow The pod race Anakin looks wonderful. Great shading. It looks like a black and white photo.

Ry

19. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Page four!? Wow...just a friendly bump.

Lol, I guess that's what happens when you don't update in over a month. Thanx a bunch Vassago. [:D]

Hey, Mara in colour! Thanks Lippy :) Nice work - particularly on her skin. Me like very much. :D

And thanks a bunch Ry for the compliment on little Anakin. As I'm sure that I mentioned this above, I struggled a bit on the shading as I had trouble deciding 'how much was too much', so the comment on it makes me feel more secure that I did alright. (and the comment that it looks like a B&W photo makes my day!) :D

- Suz ^_~

20. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    Your_Worshipfulness

your work is so wonderful...pretty and GREAT!

how long have you been drawing?

21. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005

Thank-you! - and thanx for dropping by as well. :)

I've been drawing all my life I guess, at least ever since I can remember. It's something that I've always enjoyed and have been encouraged by quite a few people to pursue.

- Suz ^_~

22. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Your_Worshipfulness, Your art... it's just.... It's so amazing! Especially Ani. So wonderful shading and highlights and details that makes your work look so alive!

23. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Thank-you Fenrisulven I'm rather flattered that you find my art to be so "full of life" as you said. That's such a wonderful compliment and I appreciate it greatly. Thanks again for coming by and looking through my little art thread. :)

Just a small update to show that I haven't stopped drawing. :p

These are just a few, um, character designs/concepts, of which the pencil work is not so clean. I also ended up re-drawing two of the pictures below in an attempt to improve upon it, which is just so bizarre for me. Seriously. I never draw the same picture twice. Getting to the drawings...

Jedi robes are sort of plain in my opinion, so I tried to give it a little something to make it stand out more while staying away from anything fancy. I also added the beard for the sole fact that I never ever add facial hair to any male character I draw. Because of this 'avoidance', It isn't exactly something I draw very well, but hey - Got to start sometime...

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/con-jedibeard.jpg]Jedi Garb[/link]

This one went through [i]many[/i] phases before I finally settled onto this particular design. Besides the headdress, I basically had a very rough idea involving feathers and not much else. I'm happy with the end result, though I think the bottom of the dress resembles a tree too much in the second version.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/con-feathergownv1.jpg]Feather Gown v#1[/link]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/con-feathergownv2.jpg]Gown v#2[/link]

Well, I tend to think of this as a 'battle dress' of sorts, I guess. Possible Jedi? *shrugs*
    Again, I wasn't happy with the first version, so I attempted to re-draw it, which I think is much, much better.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/con-battledressv1.jpg]Combat dress...thing...Version #1[/link]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/con-battledressv2.jpg]and Version #2[/link]

Side note: I've been mainly working on a [b]Non-SW[/b] request. But if you're curious... [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/zed/p-madonna-inprog.jpg]you can look at it here.[/link] Any thoughts on it are also more than welcome.

-----
    Taking the time to come and look at my art is always appreciated. Many thanks - Especially so since I haven't been terribly active in these forums.

- Suz ^_~

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Your_Worshipfulness!!! What a treat to see some new pieces from you (my holidays are complete! :D )!!

And now it's costume design--WOW!! Is there no aspect of the artistic spectrum at which you do not excel??

I love these, particularly the more ornate Jedi robes--I see a very distinctive samurai-type influence in this, with the shoulder guards and the longer tunic/robe. And I think this character looks wonderful with facial hair (and I'm really likin' the long braid, too--very good choice! I think this fellow need some "elaboration" from you... [face_begging] ;) )!

The feather dress is me next most favorite--what a stunning creation! I can so see this gown done in pale ecru and gold, or perhaps in irridescent blues... Just wow--it's so beautiful (Trisha Biggar would be clamboring for this design, my dear!)!

"Combat dress" is awesome, mostly in that we see it for all the guys, and this is specifically for the gals! The headpiece is very cool, and reminds me of Tibetan ceremonial dancers, with the elaborate headdresses and costumes (I'm sort of assuming that the patterned cover for the torso is armored... ;) ).

And your request...

***swoons away in a dead faint***

OMG is that amazing!!! How in the world did you do that gorgeous hair?! The entire thing looks real enough to reach out and touch, it's so perfect... Just...wow... I don't even have superlatives that cover this--it sort of hits me the same way Podracer Ani did--smack between the eyes and straight to the heart! Amazing...just amazing...

What a wonderful holiday surprise, to find all this in your thread--thanks for a great "present!" [:D]

FF

25. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Suz, this drawing of Madonna is absolutely outstanding =D= A huge WOW for her hair =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.