main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Lovely Your_Worshipfulness =D= I'm rather fond of the feather gown sketch (not that it's something I could wear, I just happen to like the design).

And I absolutely adore how you rendered the hair in your Madonna illustration! Bravo!

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    *bows down to Your_Worshipfulness*

That hair... Holy crap... The awesomeness... GREAT job!!

BTW, that Jedi costume is pretty cool. Looks like something you'd see in a SW movie. :) The dresses are pretty good too!

So nice seeing more of your work. :)

3. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: That's amazing!! The whole lot of them are fantastic! =P~ My favs are Ani and the Emperor ]-} (those wrinkles must have taken agesto get complete.

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh, I've really missed something. Wow, they are great!

5. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    H-E-Double Hockey sticks. I forgot to reply. :oops:

---------

FF - Thanks Deb. Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan when it comes to Ninja's & Samurai's and the like. Glad you like the facial hair and braid (though I still don't think the beard was drawn well). My original attempt was someone a little younger looking with a more...'hip' hairstyle, but it just didn't sit right. I'm afraid though that there really isn't much else to add about the character. After I figured I wasn't heading in the right direction with going with a 'younger guy', I had thoughts like something slightly more gruff and...perhaps something hinting to experienced? *shrugs* Nothing else besides that really.

As for the gals, the feather gown is my favourite of the two and am quite pleased with the design. I love it when people throw out their own ideas of what colours they see in a drawing. I think your ideas is particularly interesting, and gives me something to think about if I ever decide to splash some on. (My first impression was something along the lines of purples with pale pink for the scarf.) Thanks for the Trisha Biggar comment. [:D]

Hmmm...Tibetan, eh? That's kind of neat. Yeah, I see the torso area (at least in the middle anyway) being armoured. Thin plating on a tight jumpsuit type of deal. Thanks for the great comments - I wasn't really sure if I should even bother posting these up.

"How in the world did you do that gorgeous hair?!"

Lot's and lot's of time. I dreaded doing it so much that I would put this project off an on for days and weeks at a time in the span of several months. (Truth be told, I should have had this completed a long time ago already) :p

----

aurelia-acc - Wow, thanks Aurélia. Coming from you - The Master - really means a lot. Your work is always so flawless - Hair and all.

----

Darth_Snuggle - I'm rather fond of the feather gown sketch (not that it's something I could wear, I just happen to like the design).

Lol. Thanks-you Snuggs. Though for the record, I'm sure it would look great on you. And as for Madonna's hair, I was pretty pleased with the result, but it makes me feel much better to hear it from others. Thanks!

----

Jedi_Commander_Faofa - Aw, shucks, Cmdr. Faofa. [face_blush] Thanks a lot! ^_^
    "BTW, that Jedi costume is pretty cool. Looks like something you'd see in a SW movie."
    Wow, Really? Cool. [:D]

----

padawan_learner86 - That's amazing!! The whole lot of them are fantastic! My favs are Ani and the Emperor (those wrinkles must have taken agesto get complete.

Ugh, those wrinkles were driving me crazy! I had to re-draw them in every once in a while because I kept blending the skin to smooth it so it would flow better. Ani was something different for me, as I had to include his stupid super-detailed helmet which in turn, wasn't much fun either, lol. Thanks for taking the time to peruse that little gallery of mine. :)

----

Chilla - Why, thank-you Chilla! Thanks for stoppin on by. :)

----------
    Thanks again to everyone for also commenting on my NON-SW work. I really wanted to get other peoples opinion on it to see if I was, well, doing a good job. (I have to admit, I had my reservations on going about drawing the hair.) The comments helped, and I've finally got around to finishing it.

As it always is, it's really much appreciated. Again, sorry for such a delayed response.

EDIT: darned typo's!

- Suz ^_~

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! :eek:
    =D= Lovely non-SW piece. It's so beautiful. [face_love]

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    WOW!

Being away from fan art for so long certainly gives one a lot of new stuff to look at!

I love those "garb" designs -- the "war dress" is particularly interesting!

As for the non-SW request...

::jaw hits floor::

Amazing. Truly amazing.

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Just a friendly bump. :) Always waiting for new amazing artwork. :D

~Vassago

9. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    Wow! I love these. Especialy these: "This is not a date", Padme Wallpaper (1024x768), Boudoir Session /, Surrounded - (with lightsaber colour - PS), & Princess Leia

:)

10. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
  11. crackjacks

crackjacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    ^
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l

about that last post...yeah sorry, that's all I could think of...hum now that I have again found my voice, WOW!!

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!!

I especially like "This is not a date."

--kt

[face_chicken]

12. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Chilla - Aw, thanks for taking a look at Madonna and giving me such a kind compliment on it. I'm so glad it looks good.

Idrelle_Miocovani - Wow, long time no see, Idrelle! It's so nice of you to come by my art thread again. [:D] I really don't know if the "War Dress" looks all that Star Warsy, but I still like it. Thanks for looking at my NON-SW too. I appreciate and find the 'Amazing' comment flattering. :D

Darth-Vassago - Oh Vassago, you're too kind! Thanks for the 'Up'. I'll try not to dissapoint you on the 'amazing artwork'. [face_blush] @};-

KingoftheAT-ATs - Thanks so much for looking through my entire gallery. :) "This is not a date" is one of my own fave's, and I was really happy with the end result on the Padme wallpaper.

crackjacks - Wow, I can't say I've ever stunned someone like that before, lol. I'm quite proud of the work I did on "This is not a date", as it's probably one of the most filled pictures I've ever drawn. Thank-you for coming by and leaving a comment.

Well, kicking off my first update of the year is a portrait of Jaina Solo. Uh...I have mixed feeling on this one. The part that I dislike the most are her eyes, but I've erased that area to the point where the graphite will no longer come off, so there's not much I can do about that anymore. However, I chose to use Photoshop to fix the pic up in general by darkening the image more than it actually is while also adding a much needed white glare to her eyes.

Also should mention that I did use a reference, but only as a guide for the lighting/shading for the left side of the face - I did the rest all on my own. Think of it as Jaina from her younger days.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-JainaSolo-sig.jpg]Jaina Solo[/link]

Oh and, here's the [b]finished version[/b] of Madonna for anyone who wants to see it.
    (shoulder done, more contrast, more detailed hair & a better scan)

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/zed/p-Madonna-RoL-jan112006-sig.jpg]NON-SW - Madonna[/link]

Thank-you for looking. Any comments are always appreciated. ^_^

- Suz ^_~

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Jaina is very nice, the dark shading on her face makes her very mysterious and brooding, great for setting the mood.

The Madonna drawing is AMAZING! Wow! Look at the motion of that HAIR! Absolutely jaw-dropping.

Beautiful work, as always =D=

14. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Wow hon! These are fantastic! I'm speechless over the rendering here with graphite, you're simply amazing Suz! :D I agree about the moodiness and mystery of the Jaina image with that dark tones being wonderful! It's such a lovely portrait of her, definitely one of the best I've seen, you've really captured her female beauty but without making her too feminine or dainty (which in my opinion she's not really all that much). She's definitely a srong woman here.

And marvelous work with Madonna! *has a Birdcage moment* Madonna, Madonna! Beautiful hair, I'm still looking at all the insane details and the beauty of the entire thing! Well done Suz, you're once again outstanding and amazing! Can't wait for more from you!!!

15. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    Those are amazing! I wish I could draw that realisticly but no matter how hard I try they always turn out looking animated.

16. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Great work on Jaina, Suz =D= I love your use of the darks in this one.

Now, about Madonna, this portrait is STUNNING :eek: =D= The movement in her hair is so well rendered and the skin tones are amazing. Sorry if there's fans of hers here, but I have to say that I found her more beautiful in this portrait than in reality.

17. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Your_Worshipfullness, you art is AMAZING! That Madonna pic is beyond words. How anybody can have the patience to draw hair like that, I don't know. I would have gone insane. It was absolutely perfect and I love the wind blown look.

And those gowns and outfits from your earlier post... FANTASTIC!! I wish I could draw clothing like that!!!!:_| :_|

Great job!!!

AG88

18. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Jaina looks great! I think the eyes are fine, theres nothing wrong with them.
    I'm not sure about the light on her face though, something doesn't look quite right. The light under her chin needs to be lessened a bit I think, and maybe the hair closest to her face on the left needs to be darker, it also would be shadowing her face a bit more than it is.
    Really great work though, drawing realistic portraits without referance is one of the hardest things to do I feel. :)

19. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **throws hissy on the floor**

I can't see them!!
    :_|:_|

I'm pretty sure it's my own machine (considers tossing the piece of $%^* out the window), so will clear cookies and temp. files and try again soon--and I so wanted to see Jaina!!

:_|:_|

And I'm sure she's just gorgeous, too...

**commences sulking and dives into computer clean-up mode**

FF

20. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Jaina is really awesome!! I couldn't load them originally ^^ FF. But then Idk they loaded. Madonna is beautiful. You have a wonderful talent and really good patience drawing the hair!!

Wonderful job!!

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Wonderful work!

The Jedi Garb was great, I could realy see a Jedi wearing something like it to blend in more on a harsh world.

The feather gowns looked good and really quiet original I think.

The battle dresses, hmmm...those are harder to read but good work with the lines and detail.

Jaina looks amazing like her face is shadowed with a small sorce of light shining from a little behind and to the left. Simply Marvolous!

The Madona one looks fantastic! You did excellent work on the hair! And the eyes as usuall are stunning, it looks like B&W photo.

(Sorry about the cheesy lines, but it couldn't be helped. It's the price one pays for waiting so long to see more wonderful art)

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, long time no see, Idrelle! It's so nice of you to come by my art thread again.

Hee hee, yeah, long time. Was all tied up over in fan fic. :p Anyways,

Jaina Solo --

:eek: :eek: :eek:

No doubt about it -- that is so Jaina. :D I really like the dark shading you've used on her portrait!

Madonna --

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow -- you must really have some patience with hair; it looks fantastic! :D

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    :eek:

Whoa, amazing portraits, Your_Worship!

You say you had problems with the Jaina one, well I need to be honest and say that I see no problems with it! Sure, it's a different take on how Jaina appears, but I really like it! You're not afraid to go all out on these things and come up with something amazing! The smoothness of her skin and the the details laid into her hair, clothes and face really make this drawing stand out! And the eyes - once again, nothing wrong there! I love the reflective light and the realism you captured there!

As for Madonna....

*picks jaw up off of floor*

I am very envious on how smooth and clean you make your drawings appear. I don't know how you achieve the softness which you rendered here in her face, but it's amazing! And the hair - wow! Nice flowing strands! No worries with this piece! I love it!

=D=

24. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    PadmeLeiaJaina
    I wanted to do something different and have some really intense lighting. It's kind of funny really - I didn't have a clear plan of what kind of expression she would have, so I just let it flow onto the paper itself. I'm happy with setting the mood, but not the overall turnout, but I'll take it as a learning experience. ;) As for Madonna, the motion on the hair was a little bit confusing in some areas, but I worked everything in to the best of my ability. (If you check the Ray of Light CD cover, you'll be able to see some differences).

Corellian_Rogue
    You really think I caught some of her beauty? I don't picture her to be a Beauty Queen either, but I think I might have made her look too plain. I like the fact that you say she looks strong, as that's how she comes across to me. After all, she has been dubbed as "The sword of the Jedi". And you say it's the best you've seen? Aw, thank-you C_R!
    Ah yes, Madonna's hair. That's what the person who requested liked so much about this picture, so I payed particular attention on bringing it out as much as possible. Took for EVER, but I have to say I'm quite happy.

-Courtney-
    "Those are amazing! I wish I could draw that realisticly but no matter how hard I try they always turn out looking animated."

I had that very same problem. In fact, sometimes I still encounter it. That's why I often use a reference. I've been working on trying to get better at it though by doing a little portrait work lately. I wish I could come up with realistic looking faces solely on my own, but alas, that is still out of my grasp. If you want my suggestion, I'd say to do lot's and lot's of drawings of people from magazines. Seems to be working for me okay, at any rate. ;)

Aurelia
    Aw Thank-you so much! [face_blush] [:D] I've never gone through pencils so quick, lol.
    I didn't know if the skin came out so well - I found it really hard to do. It just didn't seem so clear to me and everytime I made some area's darker, it looked wrong, so I left it as you see it now. It could be because I worked from a smaller picture (I used the CD cover), but I usually don't find that to be troublesome. *shrugs* I'm really glad that I spent as much time on the hair as I did. I'm getting such great feedback from everyone and it's really giving me a boost.

academygrad88
    Lol, I just about did go insane, but I stuck with it. I was determined to do a good job on it, even if it took me forever to complete. I only wish I could be so motivated to finish all my artwork.
    You like my gowns! Thanks, Like I said before, I didn't know if anyone would be interested in seeing them, but I was pleasantly proven wrong. :)

Esira
    Hmmm, so the eyes are okay? I guess it's just me then :p. Yeah, I still don't get lighting right all the time. What usually happens is that I go overboard, or I'll place it in a wrong area which ends up not making much sense. But even so, I tend to like the outcome regardless of the flaws. :D But I see what you mean with the chin - it is too stark there at the bottom, but thankfully that's easily fixed. As for the hair, my intention was that the hair was pressed close to her face, rather than hanging more in the front, so that's why I didn't really add shading there. I also wanted to be careful on shading the hair since I wanted to make sure that it was apparent that it wasn't a very dark shade of brown, but once again, that's something that can be easily fixed. Thanks for the pointers!

FF
    Oh man, really? I honestly don't know why you'd have any troubles with viewing them. Maybe the website that hosted the pictures was down...? It's a shame since I've always enjoyed reading your comments. :(

goddess45
    Thanks goddess!. You are so sweet! [:D] You had loading problems too? (Darn, that's weird.) Anways, I appreciate such a kind compliment. I never considered myself to be patient though, lol.

Mitth_Fisto
    I'm glad you used the word 'harsh' when describing what type of setting you

25. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow thats a gorgeous image! The lighting is fantastic, I'm intrigued to know if you used a reference for it? :p
    Your smooth skin tones are really nice, something I'm pretty crap at myself.
    I love how you outlined the pic too, it gives it an origional feel.
    Really beautiful! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.