main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive > Worship's Art - Updated Feb.08.07 - Mara Jade + Stormtrooper + Thank-you!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Your_Worshipfulness, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG, I cannot believe I've missed two updates in this thread!! :oops:

I absolutely lurve Anakin Solo!! Boy-oh-boy, did you get the blend of Leia and Han right there! That was the first thing I thought when I saw that impish sort of look on his face: Man, is this kid their son! The "Solo Smirk" is one of the things that really mark this couple's kids--all of them--and you definitely captured that! I just love his hair--you really do a stunning job with hair every single time--the soft fall of it is just as it's depicted on all the bookcovers, so this looks just right. What a wonderful interpretation of this young man, right down to the playful and impulsive look in his eyes--very much a trait of the Solos' youngest son. Beautiful!

And Mirax looks wonderful! Again, a beautiful capture of character, with the bright smile and the glitter in her pretty eye! The drape of her hair over her eye is quite rakish, and just how I would imagine her to appear (from the novel characterizations I've read of her)--I love it when an artist captures what's in my own mind about a character's appearance! And no wonder Corran fell in love with her--she's so bloody pretty! I love your pencil work, but the colored version is just lovely (I'm going to have to learn how to use some of this software, stang it...)!

Will you be doing a portrait of our mysterious Jacen Solo sometime soon...? [face_batting] I would sooooo love to see your interpretation of him, too (and it would just be fair--you've done his siblings now, after all!)! In any case--these are superb portraits of some of our beloved EU characters, and we soooo love you for doing them for us to squee over like little fangirls! LOL! Beautiful additions, Suz!! =D=

FF

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I've been lurking and I shouldn't when there's talent such as this...

Your eye for shadows and detail is incredible, I've just been blown away by your abilities; your talent. Absoloutely superb.

3. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    :eek: Why haven't I noticed this before? I love your Jedi art and the Emperor as well :)

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I really like your drawing of Anakin Solo. There is something about his face that really reminds me of Han, but I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. I think it is the nose and lips, but I can't say for sure. But he is obviously a Solo.

I like the little cleft chin like his uncle. I know that the profics often say that Anakin looks like Luke. You made a nice blend of Skywalker/Solo features. Good job.

As for Mirax, I am not that familiar with that character, but it is a beautiful drawing and the coloring is fantastic.

Keep up the good work.

AG88

5. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    beautiful mirax! just how i imagine her!

6. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hurry up and start taking commissions. I can't wait for a chance to put you on my Wall of Fame. ;)

7. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    Your art is amazing! I love how Anakin's eyes stand out, and I love how much detail you add to your drawings, and yet the way you shade it they end up looking totally realistic. Your backgrounds are excellent too, they really fit the mood!

8. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    wow!!!! BEAUTIFUL job on Mirax! She's quite possibly my favorite female EU character, and you captured every bit of her character! wonderful job.. I'm HIGHLY impressed!

9. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Mirax looks really good! You can see a lot of personality in that expression!

10. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    I am totally in love with your Ben Skywalker, and your Emperor as well. AMAZING job, though I'm sure you are well aware of that, and if you aren't, then you SHOULD BE! I am totally blown away.

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Suz--I know this is quite behind the times here, but I finally got your portrait of Jaina Solo to load...and wow... :eek:=D=

Just like all of your work, it's just amazing in the details--her eyes, and the very "Sword of the Jedi" look in them--the flightsuit/jacket, and all the intricate quilting and shading, and of course (as always!) her hair. I just love it--it captures in a very definitive way the Jaina we've all grown to know and love in the novels. Your skills with graphite never cease to humble and amaze us all, my dear! Keep up the fabulous work, and we'll be haunting your thread waiting for more! :D

FF

12. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    You are a really good artist! Also if you don't have a name for your Padme wallpaper yet, how about "Burned by His Passion"

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Really like this one! Great job! Though I think the scarry part is that I know someone that looks like they could be this drawings twin, might make me a little biased but from the looks of others replies, maybe not :p

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Sorry this comment was late Suz.

I thought a lot about your recent work of art. It is a wonderful piece, just like your other art here. However, this work in particular conflicts with my vision of what Mirax looks like. I'm not sure why, it just does. One of those art thoughts I guess... I do like this work however, even if I don't think it's really "Mirax". It reminds me somewhat of a caricature. A really good one. ;) I like how her face is very smooth, especially the hair and cheeks. Her eyes are very detailed too. I think aside from the hair, that's my favorite part of her. The background is neat too, looks like Coruscant barclub neon lights in Basic. ;) And I always think it's cool to have an object coming out of a border of a frame, and you did that pretty well too. :)

Once again, great job Suz!

What is your next work? **wants to see Corran Horn now that you made a Mirax** :D

15. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Mirax looks great! As always, good use of lines and light/darks. While the colour one is great too, I'm drawn to the B&W version for some reason. Something about the grey scale and the style that really lend themselves to each other. There's a nice twinkle in her eye too that's well captured in either version. Keep it up!

16. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Chilla
    Aw, you like it that much? Thanx Chilla!

FalconFan
    Thanks so much as always, Deb. I've never felt comfortable at trying my hand at the EU characters for fear that others may feel that they don't match up or that I've gone and desecrated the character. Original Fan art has never been my strong suit and I've always preferred using references. Guess I'm becoming more brave. :p

"Will you be doing a portrait of our mysterious Jacen Solo sometime soon...?"
    Well I haven't started one as of yet, but I'll probably get to him eventually. And plus, just as you say - it would only be fair. ;)

So Jaina finally decided to cooperate and say hello? lol. Thanks for going back to check it out - though you really didn't have to. Like Anakin, there are some things I like about it and others I don't. I think if I do ever get around to drawing her again, I'll probably go for an older look.

Jade_Max
    [face_blush] Thank you very much! Glad you like my work.

You've been lurking? Aw, that's perfectly alright. I too am guilty of doing the very same thing over at the FanFic boards everynow and then. But it's nice of you to delurk long enough to make your presence known by leaving a comment. ;)

Daenna
    "Why haven't I noticed this before?"
    Simply far too much good artwork in the forums, that's why. ^_^

The Emperor is one of my personal favourites that I've done. Took forever, but in the end, the patience paid off. Thanks for dropping in.

academygrad88
    I personally thought I did much better on the chin cleft on Ben, than I did with Anakin because I added it in so late. (It slipped my mind that he looked a little bit like Luke.) My little 'Oops' moment.

I think it's the smirk that really makes him look like a Solo the most, and I just think it's great the other people see a good mix in there. Thanks ^_^

Corellian_Cutie
    Thanks a bunch! :)

alienyouthct
    As much as I'd love to be up there, I have never done commision work before and rarely do requests as it is. But hey - "the future is always in motion..."

Chasca
    I love drawing eyes. Always have and always will. I've been concentrating a lot lately on Realism because I've kind of neglected that area for a long time (I was more interested in an anime style before), but I think I'm slowly getting better.

BurntTheMacaroni
    Thank you! And this coming from someone who favours the character as much as you do really makes me glad. I'm very happy you think I've caught her character as well as you say. :)

Darth_Snuggle
    Thanks Snuggs :)

Moy
    Thank-you! I feel that Ben is my best portrait of this little EU project I've made for myself - and my most popular so far. I'm the type of artist that focuses on the negative rather than the postive in my work, so it's reassuring to hear from others that I've done a good job.

Handmaiden_Azul
    Thank you so much for suggesting a great title for my Padme Wallpaper. It really fits and now it feels more complete. [:D]

Mitth_Fisto
    "Though I think the scarry part is that I know someone that looks like they could be this drawings twin"
    Really? Well that must be weird. :p I had some help with the hair style from the few pictures I've seen of her, and the face was really just taken from a comic image. Just a freaky coincidence it looks like someone you know, lol. Glad you like her! ^_^

Jedi_Commander_Faofa
    Aw, Nothing to be sorry about. I don't care how late a comment is, just always thankful to recieve any at all.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my interpretations of any of these characters, so it's all fine and dandy. I think I can understand how it looks like a caricature. If I were to peg it down to something in particular, I'd have to say it's the smile and the eye that give it away (the picture I worked from was a comic book image). I didn't want to keep the BG plain white, so I just added something simple. The 'neon lights in basic' effect you noted is indee

17. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Wow, I really did miss alot. oh by the way- u might have known me as Darth_Arsnl- well I took a few months off and now I'm back.

Worship---
    Your work is unfreakingbelievable...

I mean I love ur classic yoda and Leia, but then you did Ben Solo- yea hes only like my favorite SW character ever.
    You Rock.
    The detail is outta this world.
    Can't wait till ur next piece!

- Nefarious

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Now that is just awesome. :D

*puts printer on standby*

19. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Nefarious_21
    Heeeeeeey Long time no see! It's nice to see you back *hugs*

Thanks a lot! [face_blush] I'm glad you are still enjoying the artwork I've put out since then. (and I appreciate you taking the time to look through too - so I say, You Rock!). Details, details, details...it's my little mantra. :D Happy to hear you like my drawing of Anakin (you said Ben Solo above, but I'm assuming you meant Anakin - correct me if I'm wrong)

Jedi_Commander_Faofa
    Whoa, don't jump the gun there :) - When I say started, I mean started. I'm still having some troubles with it. Much like Mirax, Corran is not exactly a character I know well, so this is mostly based on a few pics I've seen of him (mainly using the the icon your sporting as a basis - which incidently is the one you made ;) ) There are parts that are still subject to change...or I may just end up scrapping it entirely.

'Later' was supposed to have been 'later that day', but I couldn't help myself and tinkered with it a bit more. [face_silly]

I kind of went my own way a little on this one, so I don't know if anyone is going to agree with it. I'll just say sorry now to any major Kyp fans if they feel I've ruined him and the same goes for any other EU character I do in the future too (Just to be safe). If you notice it looks a little rough on the skin in the lighter portions, it's because the shading there was originally heavier and I tried to fix it by erasing it a bit.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-KypDurron-fin.jpg]Kyp Durron[/link]

[i]And[/i] I'm going to do something I haven't done before - post a couple of WIP's too. These two are sort of on hold at the moment as I'd like to get opinions from any of you lovely people on whether they look like the character or not. I suppose it can also show a little of how I work too.

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-JagFel-wip.jpg]Jagged Fel[/link]

[link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-CorranHorn-wip.jpg]Corran Horn v1[/link] | [link=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-CorranHorn-wip2.jpg]Corran Horn v2[/link]

Thanks to all who come in and take a look. Even though it usually ends up taking me a bazillion years to reply, it is always appreciated. [face_hugs]

- Suz ^_~

20. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    =P~

::snaps out of it::

Oh i cannot WAIT for you to finish this one!!!!

One comment i meant to make earlier. Your detail in the clothing is incredible! I noticed it in Mirax, and then again in Kyp. You are truely an amazing artist

21. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Your Worship-

Beautiful pencils..Kyp is awesome, you can literally see his smugness in his eyes, I love the portrait of Corran Horn, who is one of my favorite EU characters. Absolutely love the attention to detail, the shading and the texture and lay of the character's hair...Stunning! :eek:=D=

Excalibur14

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Hello again and welcom back!
    Don't worry about later, to me that can mean up to a week and a half later normally.:p

Your Kyp looks great! I would have to guess that he's in a dark room with a single weak light shining off to his right, or left depending on how you look at such things. It looks really good! Congrat's!

Your Jagged Fel looks good I think that could be him, though I always pictured kind of like a couple hairs out of place in one corner for some unknown reason, maybe to remind myself he was human in head, go figure. But wouldn't go searching in there, it's no place for a human or other sentient to try and figure out[face_shame_on_you]

Your Corran Horns looks amazing! I particuraly like v1 for some reason, I could picture that one on the backworld in IJedi that he ended up on and made his lightsaber during his stay. The other one looks pretty good to though[face_thinking]

23. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Oh wow. He's cool looking, great angle on it too.
    His hair----to die for. lol
    I like how your artwork flows. Its so lifelike and natural, real dark tones to the skin yet you kept that slight transparency that we have. Awesome Job Worship!

Expect me back soon!

-NeF

(And yea I meant Anakin.- but then again ben looks awesome too! lol)

24. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Fantastic stuff! I really like your WIP of Corran Horn. I really want to see it finished, but at the same time, both versions of the WIP look fantastic as they are. There's something to them, even in an unfinished state. As always, your attention to detail combined with your patience amaze me! Great stuff! :)

25. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    Gee wizz! :eek: This stuff is absolutely amazing! I particularly liked the Leia piece and "This is not a date". [I loved the hair on the latter.]

Excellent work, Your_Worship! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.