main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Worst and Best Christmas Moments

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by hollyinlowercase, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    OKAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
    Bear with me, I know there wil be a lot of typos but it's because of my new keyboard.
    I have been thinking thatit would be great to share worst and best christmas moments - ie, best and worst presents you have recieved, funniest presents, and worst and best presents you have also given. Or just whatever!!!
    Let the memories, laughs, tears and forgetables come up from the depths and be shared!!!
    :)

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I was given a back massager by Lindas mum...so that i could give Linda back massages.

Didnt feel like a pressie for me so much...

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    I used to always get bags of that multi-coloured popcorn every year. I hated the stuff. I think Mum did it to annoy me on purpose :D

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We had a secret santa at my husbands works dinner, and we had to spend $5-$10 on a gift. I got a huge box of chocolates for my person and what did I get back? One tealight candle. You know, the ones you buy in a box of 50 for $2?! But I didnt get a box, I got ONE!! Man, I was so annoyed!!:mad:

5. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Well, if you get the same thing a few years in a row then you can have a romantic dinner or something... :p

6. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I sent over 36,000 Christmas cards to people I don't even know last week. The worst part of it was 190 people got two cards: one signed by someone they knew, and the other signed by a total stranger 4,000kms away.

7. Axicana

Axicana Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    I think falling down the stairs at work on Christmas eve last year was the worst christmas moment. I hit my head on the broom rack and still had 5 hours left on my shift :_|

8. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    My worst Christmas was being around before there was a Christmas.

9. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    You aren't that old Shad!
    You fell down stairs? Man that would suck!!!
    Mulicoloured popcorn... I hate that stuff!!
    ONE TEA LIGHT!?!?!?!?

I think my worst was toothpaste, my best was a digital camera probably.
    The worst present I gave was probably a candle that I recieved for my birthday only for them to ask "Hey, wasn't this what I gave you for your birthday last year?"
    They gave me some really expensive jewellery, and I felt like the stingiest person alive!!!!!!

I have given a lot of awesome pressies, like... a 4gb creative, an antique knife that was $200 five years ago, a hammock, a dvd player, and this year I think the prize gift would be myself :D

I love to give!!!!
    Ilove when I get to see people open the presents I give them, because I always put so much thought into it :)

10. Handmaiden_Dorme

Handmaiden_Dorme Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, this year i bought my mum an electronic remote controlled Dalek that she really wanted and i won't let her open it and she's huffin and puffin all over the place!

11. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA awesome!!!

12. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    The Multi Coloured Popcorn has grown on me.

This has got to be one of the worst christmas's so far. Its like Ive hit 20 and Christmas doesn't even seem like it exists. Theres no excitement. Theres no countdown. Theres no "ZOMG XMAS"! Its very very wierd. Im looking forward to the Christmas Eve marathon of Gremlins and Home Alone!

13. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I know te feeling, Scoot. It's the same here; no-one's really caring too much.

14. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    When you get to my grand old age, Christmas is nothing other than a distraction that lets you catch up on sleep.

15. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    It's been like that for me the past few years lol
    I only worry about my closest friends, and my family.
    Though if I haven't cared or helped them out and for them throughout the year, then it is superficial and farse to give them a present.
    If they needed you and you weren't there for a really serious issue, then why would you send a christmas card or try to make ammends by buying them something without meaning? Even if it had meaning for you, I highly doubt it has meaning for them.
    ~

16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I got Superman undies from my Secret Santa at work. Getting undies sounds creepy, but getting Superman undies is just plain awesome.

17. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    They must have known something about your true identity...or just about you dressing up in geeky (albeit awesome) attire. :p

18. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    I got toothpaste for christmas this year.

But my mum also payed for some of my trip to vietnam, so its all good.

I think christmas was ruined for me in 2003 (if it hadnt already been ruined by then) when i worked as an elf taking photos of kids on santas knee at westfeild, and on my days off had another job decorating and packing christmas cakes at my friend's warehouse.

But in general christmas has always been a time when everyone is ever so slightly nicer. And by everyone i dont so much mean ur family and friends, who ought really to be nice anyway, but having experience my third christmas at sydney airport this year i mean more public transport people, and pilots and air hostesses and fellow travellers. Its awesome to fly on christmas day, coz it feels like you're all in on a private joke. Dont ask me why. Maybe im just crazy.

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    heehee! I remember u as an Elf!

In fact Lin and i had a picture taken!

20. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    *sigh*

Back in the days when i was employed.

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    You're a professional actor and u just got back from an asian tour.

22. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    It may be 2007 but thought I'd add ...

Worst Christmas memories were of my Mum and stepfather having mighty arguments Christmas after Christmas while growing up ... probably from the ages 6 to 12. When Christmas was supposed to be a fantastic time for kids of that age, my sister and my stepbrothers were forced into a room to watch TV (I remember watching the Holiday Special one year) until they had finished their argument so we could open our gifts and eat. We were 'isolated' for a couple of hours most years from memory.

Christmas has never been a special thing for me as a result ... it's just another day, sadly. Hoping in the future it becomes a happier time.

New Year's celebrations mean so much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.