main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Worst Arguments to bash the PT?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Weavile, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Weavile

Darth Weavile Jedi Master star 3

Oct 10, 2017
    What are the worst arguments you've heard to bash the PT? Here are some of mine:

-The Jedi shouldn't wear robes, Obi-Wan only wore robes because he was on Tatooine, but Owen did too. Did these people see ESB or ROTJ, where Yoda and Anakin are clearly seen in traditional Jedi robes?

-The romance in ESB is more realistic and therefore better than the romance in AOTC. Sorry, but this is pure opinion, and honestly Anakin treats Padme much better than Han with Leia

-Yoda and other alien Jedi should have had unique weapons (or none at all). Yet Obi-Wan clearly states in ANH that a lightsaber is the weapon of a Jedi. As does the Emperor. So this is a bad argument.

Any other bad arguments you've heard?
    (Note: I put this in Saga because a lot of arguments against the PT involve looking back at the OT, so I felt it was better to have the discussion here).

2. Tal0nkarrde2

Tal0nkarrde2 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    Jar-Jar is too goofy. Every single Star Wars film has comic relief in it. Sure, Jar-Jar is a bit on the excessive in goofiness, but I once saw a Phantom Menace video in which every scene with Jar-Jar was cut. Gimme a break. He wasn't that bad.

3. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    "Too much Cgi in prequels"
    The prequel used a ton of actual onset products and the phantom menace has more onset stuff than any other SW Film

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Locking thread. We are not going to have a thread that potentially baits half of the community. @anakinfansince1983

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.