main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst *Brand New* Character from the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mond, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Bannamu - is that Italian Fish Guy? Wow that was terrible.

With respect to all the Ziro hate, I gotta say, he's not my favorite character, but he's so over-the-top that I think he works as comedic relief. It's hard to take him seriously, but I think that's the point.

And this is one time where I think Lucas trying to make an intentionally funny character actually works, unlike Jar-Jar.

2. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    I think Jar Jar is supposed to be the way he is. Lucas seems to have accepted that he's someone everyone loves to hate, and he plays on that. A lot...which is why I agree with Dave Filoni when he says, Jar Jar is a sad character because he's so misunderstood.

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I have to agree with most in this thread: Karina...oh dear gods! And she's in the banner too(although don't get me wrong, it's a great banner![face_peace] ) And I felt the same way about Ziro too; he annoyed me to no end at first, but after watching 'Hostage Crisis' 200+ times, he grew on me(although not literally![face_worried] That, and I really need to see the CW movie to get a better understanding of Capote Hutt.:p )

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Ahsoka. I've tried to give her a chance. I really have. But her behavior in lightsaber lost was just beyond annoying. I have noticed that the episodes I enjoy most (Cloak of Darkness being the exception), are the ones that she features in the least.

It's not as if she's a totally bad character. She's a badly written character and a badly acted character in that she is so inconsistent. She never really learns or grows aside from that one episode where she's learned something and then reverts in the next one. Either she has short term memory loss or she's incapable of changing for the better. Either way, I find myself less interested in her with every new episode she appears in.

Other mentions: Everyone from Lightsaber lost except Tera Sinube and the police droids, Vindi, Karina and the scottish squirrels that upstaged Aayla's debut with their Satine-like extreme neutrality.

5. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Does Ahsoka or Ziro really count as 'brand new' characters though?

6. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I think so -I would consider anyone who's brand new as having never been introduced in any media besides the movie or the TV show. So, say Asajj Ventress or Luminara wouldn't count, since both were established well before this. I don't see why Ahsoka or Ziro wouldn't be, just because they were in the movie before the show.

7. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    But they've been around for what, two years now? Doesn't exactly seem brand new to me.. Not to nitpick, but this seems more like a general 'your least favorite character' thing.

8. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    True. Two years; wow. Seems like a lot less than that.

Again, though, I assumed that by *Brand New* the original poster meant that they hadn't appeared in any other canon before. I guess it depends on how you read it.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They are new characters that were created for TCW. :p
    I consider Ahsoka and Ziro new.

10. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    I would assume Ahsoka, Rex, Ziro and any other character introduced in The Clone Wars is new.

But regardless of that, Ahsoka, Rex and Cad Bane are quickly beginning to establish themselves as classic characters.

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Not everyone would agree with that.

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, it'll take them some time, but I think that eventually, Ahsoka, Rex and Cad Bane will work their way into the pantheon in a similar way that the Ewoks and Jar Jar have become fixtures for many...whether you like them, hate them, or accept them, they'll be there. Some more than others. :p

13. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I had Ahsoka and Ziro (and others from the movie) in mind as well when I started this thread, for those of you who were asking if they counted as "new".

14. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Brand new sounds more like very new characters to me (Satine, Sinube, etc). But don't mind me, it's just a quibble over the wording.

15. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Hmmm... Well I would probably have to say that Karina is pretty annoying. She is also pointless.

But as far as just character that I don't like in TCW, I would have to say that Padme just isn't a very involving character. She is just not very fun. I know that she is not brand new, but she is my least favorite in the show.

Oh, and I used to hate Ziro the Hutt, but after seeing Hostage Crisis, I think he is fantasticly funny! Very underrated character.

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Karina FTW

I to like Ziro, he gives us a differant views of the Hutts.

17. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I thought she would grow on me, but I still don't like Satine. She's just so holier than thou and just...blah.

As a comparison of my level of dislike for Satine, I like Ahsoka way more than I like Satine, lol. I would rather watch three episodes in a row entirely focused on Ahsoka doing every kind of mind-numbingly boring and banal activity in the galaxy than watch another arc focused on Satine. That whole Mandalorian arc was such a let down for me that it hurt. I would rather watch an episode of Palpatine doing his intergalactic taxes than watch another Satine centric episode. I. Don't. Like. Her. At. All.

I could continue, but I think my point has been made. [face_laugh]

18. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
  19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Two more for me:
    Satine - For reasons mentioned above.
    Trench the spider - Do I even have to comment? (heh)

20. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Hey, what is this? People thinking Satine is the worse character, worse than Ahsoka? To the makers of TCW, if you're reading this thread.. just pretend you didn't read any of the above comments.[face_peace][face_whistling]

I'll say Ione and Suu, mostly just because I don't like their designs. And Sinube, well, I'm kind of in between. On one hand he's got the canesaber and Jim Henson characteristics going for him, on the other.. he's a little too much of the 'fuddy duddy grampa' for me.

21. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey now, Twi'leks with big guns kick ass! [face_not_talking]

Now Monkey Lizards with booze bottles... that's pure pwnage! [face_laugh]

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Suu? How dare you harass her. :p
    Actually, I was hoping that they describe her backstory more. I wonder where/how Cut and her met.

As for Satine, same comments as above.

All new characters (Cassie and her pink fish friend) in Lightsaber Lost were "trash" in my opinion, too. I didn't mind Sinube, but some of his scenes were just hard to watch and sometimes understand. He kept talking, and talking, and talking to that pink fish and not even using the Force to sense anything. Basically it felt like the Force didn't even exist in the episode. Instead of that redundant, tiresome chase we got, Ahsoka should have Force pulled or throw something at Cassie from the very beginning.

23. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Ione Marcy, Cham Syndulla, Ziro, Karina, Jaybo Hood and Rush Clovis

24. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I really don't care for the pacifists in the clone wars: Satine and that one Irish lemur from "Jedi Crash."

25. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    If I had to choose, I'd say Ione Marcy, if only because she was so creepy-looking I knew right away she HAD to be involved in the skullduggery of Lightsaber Lost. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.