main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Worst Car Experience

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LukeWarm88, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeWarm88

LukeWarm88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    What is the worst experience you have ever had that involves an automobile? Bad driving, car accidents, things that happen in the car while it is parked, etc.

2. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    I had a 68 Ford Galaxie with a 428 engine. My dad told my mom it was for me. LOL Anyway I was only 19 and I did not know how much power it had long story short I jumped a median and flew like Dukes of Hazzard into another car. Thank God no one was hurt. When the officer arrived he was all impressed with the car. Wow this is all original. I can laugh at it now at the time all I could think is that I ruined my dads baby.

3. LukeWarm88

LukeWarm88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Mine is driving my mom's Jeep. It is missing a wheel weight on the passenger front wheel, so when you brake the car between 50 and 60 mph, the car shakes. It shakes so bad your vision becomes blurred and it feels like your intestines are becoming a milkshake![face_sick] I thought about taking one of my dates out in the car sometime. I thought it would be a great show!

4. TK-Aegis

TK-Aegis Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2005
    What, like seeing someones head lodged 10 inches into a windshield and you can tell that they are paralyzed by the look in their eyes? Seen one of those... just didnt involve me.

I have however had car trouble in Guam. 1 rental car, 4 problems.

1) The ashtray was overfilled and and just smelled... BAD
    2) The key... went to open the trunk and the key breaks off right then and there. Thank god they gave us a spare.
    3) Somehow managed to back the car into a 5ft wide support beam at a local gas station. It put a nice dent into the already inoperable trunk. Later we were told that we were the 5th person in a mont to hit that thing.
    4) The rental car dealer had the nerve to charge the broken key to our insurance.

Lesson learned: Dont ever rent a car from a guy that gives you a car with an overfull ashtray.

5. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    When I was about 18, one of my cars was a hot pink VW bug. I had just gotten in a car accident, and my other car was being fixed, so I had no choice but to drive this pink car! The worst part about it was that there was something wrong with the battery, and it had to be push started every day. It weighed nothing, and lucky for me, because every morning for about a month I would push this stupid hot pink VW up the street to push start it - with all the neighbors watching in awe..... :mad:

6. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    I was about 16/17 yrs old...riding as a passenger/back seat of some 70's model car on I-40. The person riding up front flicked off the ashes from her cigarette and it flue through the opened back window and landed down the opening of the bottom of my shorts. It burned like a mother...

7. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I was 17 and a friend of mine and I were going to Santa Fe in his '68 Olds 442. I have no idea how fast we were going, I do know it was well in the 3 digits. Around Budaghers, we hit a dip in the road, flew through the air and skidded to a stop on the cars roof. Sparks were everywhere. It was very scary.

Second would be when I was 18 and coming home from college for the first time for the Fair. It was raining and when I hit Belen, I lost control of my truck and slammed into a guard rail at 80 mph. My seat belt didn't lock and I ended up breaking the windshield with my face. I was so lucky that I walked away from that accident with only a broken nose.

8. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    I had purchased a CD at Target and they did not remove that obnoxious plastic security device that you need some special key to open...so I figured I could use my car key to break it open. Well, the key broke in half, so in order for me to get home, I placed the broken key piece in the ignition and had to use a screwdriver to start and stop my car.
    Instead of getting this fixed, I continued to drive my car with a broken key in the ignition. Well, one night when I was out cruising with my friends, I got pulled over by a police officer because I had a broken tail light. The officer told me to throw my keys out of the car....so I threw my screw driver out onto the pavement. After proving to him that the car was not stolen, I was given a warning and sent on my way.
    My friends still make fun of me for this!!
    :)

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    That's hilarious! Throwing your screwdriver out the window.[face_laugh]

10. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

too funny...i bet the officer was not too thrilled

11. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    In high school, evening of my senior year homecoming, I was getting a ride home from a friend. We were on a stretch of road on the south end of town that was fairly new with no traffic. Well, he was driving and told me to take the wheel a bit while he was doing something - can't remember what. I started fooling around a bit and jerked the wheel a bit too much. We kinda lost control hit the curb hard enough to blow out a tire and cracked the engine block. I almost didn't make it in time to go pick up stuff for my date.

Also, in Alamo - one weekend when I was home from college, some friends and I went out joyriding in his Bronco. Well, we had picked up some stuff from a friend's house - some wooden chairs, and I was the unfortunate punk who got to sit in back with them. There was this area with lots of dips and hills. Well, he decided to take a jump on one. Nothing too serious happened except for a cracked windshield and a bruised ribcage from those stupid chairs.

And of course there was the time my senior year in high school when I got broadsided by a carpet company's van. Totalled my mom's little Toyota pickup.

Or the time I got rear-ended a block away from my apartment in Socorro. I was on my way home from the New Mexico Tech Library, after studying for one of my CS exams. My last exam for the semester. I was at a stop, getting ready to go, when I saw this car coming up behind me, not bothering to slow down. Well, it looks like he was just going to pass me (at the stop sign, did I mention) when he slammed into the driver's side rear. He started to slow down after he hit me, then must've "thought better" of it and continued on. Luckily, someone I knew came up after that and called the cops for me. The cops managed to track down the offender to his house - I had got the license plate number. Well, his passenger side headlight was smashed out and there was blue paint from my car on his bumper, but the guy's mother said he'd been home all night. In other words, it was their word against mine and nothing happened to that drunk. I got a minor case of whiplash but managed to pass my exam the next day.

12. PurpleMountain88

PurpleMountain88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    Over the summer my friend called me and asked if me and my little sister wanted to go to the beach with her. I made the mistake of allowing her to come pick us up and we ended up getting into a car accident about a mile away from the beach. My friend got distracted by a car accident in front of her and crossed a 4-way intersection without looking at the oncoming traffic. The driver of the other car made no attempt to stop and smashed into my side of the car just past my door.:eek: thankfully we were all wearing our seatbelts but because of the force of the impact my little sister(who was in the back seat) got the wind knocked out of her and had a pretty large burn from the seatbelt acrossed her chest. I ended up with bruises and whip-lash, and the diver had a few minor bruises and scrapes. That was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I never really got over the fact that i put my little sister in jeopardy like that by allowing someone else to drive.[face_worried]

we were really luck though that it did not end up worse and that no one got seriously injured.[face_chicken]

13. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    This happened a while back. I don't know if it was the worst, but it kinda sucked.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/Redgek/SSBlowout.jpg]

14. HarleyQ_T

HarleyQ_T Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I had a used but sweet 1982 Mustang 5.0. It was my first car ever. After a month of driving it (if that long) I started having problems with my brakes. I would have to pull on the steering wheel and push down on the brake pad with everything I had - as if that would help. And by the grace of God, somehow I never hit anyone! Anyway- I sold it to some sucker (who probably knew how to fix it for cheap) Now I'm sure it was the master cylinder.

I miss it:(

15. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    A similar thing happened to me! We were out somewhere and realized we had forgotten to bring a baby bottle/formula. We stopped at the store, and bought a metal can of formula and a bottle, and then realized we had nothing to open it with. Instead of going back to the store to buy an opener, my hubby had the brilliant idea of opening the can with our car key! It worked, but the key ended up twisted. After unbending the key, it seemed to work just fine. A few months later, it snapped off in the ignition. I didn't have a spare key so I couldn't lock my car doors, but fortunately, the car would start without the aid of a screwdriver. I tried everything to get the broken key out - bubble gum, tweezers, tape - none of it worked. I thought about having a new ignition put in, but the car was really crappy, so I decided it would be best to leave it the way it was and pray for someone to steal the stupid thing. Surprise, surprise! No one seemed to want it!

16. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]
    That's awesome.

On this same car....someone had ripped the lock on the trunk off, so my screw driver doubled as the "key" for that too.
    Someone snagged my gas cap as well, so I used an old Thermos lid to keep the opening covered.
    This was back in High School, and this was a total "POS" car, so it was low on the priority list :)

17. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    My worst car expierence consisited of being stuck in the back of a 1975 Honda Civic hatchback.

Its goes a little something like this! I was about five and evey August my family would make the trip back to my grandparents in Ill. Well, Dad and Mom and cousins had run of the front seats while I was confined to the rear(hatchback part). The temperature was unbearably, miserably frying hot! I used to beg for water while on the trip, and my dad would say, "next stop, son"!
    The next stop would be or at least 100 miles laterdown the road. Nowdays, isn't this called child abuse?[face_beatup] I would leave weighing a meager 100 lbs and arrive at my destination weighing a prune like 79lbs. And that is my worst car expierence!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.