main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst existing SW film.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi knight Pozzi, May 10, 2001.

?

Worst existing SW film.

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

50.7%
  2. A New Hope

14.9%
  3. The Empire Strikes back.

12.8%
  4. The Return of the Jedi

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    SPACEBALLS!!!

........oh yea, that's a Mel Brook's film......

Seriously, I don't understand why so many pepole didn't like TPM! "Stuff looked to CGI"? What do you want, another Rancor scene? Lousy dialogue? "But I was going to Toschi Station to pick up some power converters"- does that ring a bell? Overall, I have two ties--
    1. ROTJ and ESB
    2. ANH and TPM

ROTJ does get some negative points from the Ewoks, but, c'mon, they really weren't THAT BAD! The only reason they were able to kill the stormtroopers was because they outnumbered them.....and maybe it has something to do with the fact that Stormtroopers couldn't shoot the broad side of Jabba. The reason it is tied with ESB is because the final fight is AWESOME, and just imagine how much more "surprised" we will be after we see EP II and III at how Vader makes a turn back to the light side after beeing a complete bad@ss for 30 years. Vader's turn back to the light-side is one of the finest moments in movie history, if you ask me.

ANH and TPM because ANH was kinda corny (but Lucas fixed that later) and TPM because some of the characters had no real backround (Darth Maul)....notice I said SOME, because there are enough details on Anakin from the OT.

And what is the deal with people saying that Darth Maul has a weak backround? I mean, the first time I saw ANH, I thought Vader was a robot/killing machine with a black man's voice....ANH and TPM were both amazing with their special effects (for their time), and the character development is just about the same, so they're both just as good as each other.....

mmmmm......toasted jawas......

2. Savant

Savant Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2001
    This is a very hard call indeed. TESB is easily the best. I think the rest simply tie for second. ANH can't be the worst because it is the first. RotJ is the finale of the saga and has the best space battle. TPM is the beginning of the saga and has the best lightsaber duel. It's a toss up.

3. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    TPM and RotJ. These films were lacking in good acting, although the Vader/Luke father/son part at the end always moves me. The lightsaber battle and the podrace in TPM weren't so bad either.

I dunno; I guess these two didn't "work wonders" for me like ESB and ANH did.

I have high hopes for AotC.

4. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't know about AotC, for some reason I think it's going to be by far the worst SW movie.

5. selina

selina Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 22, 2001
    A New Hope

6. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Episode 1 was by far the worst of all the Star Wars movies. The original trilogy rules.

The best Star Wars movie is a tie between A New Hope and Return Of The Jedi. I didnt care for ESB too much.

7. SIberioS

SIberioS Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2002
    I don't understand can even sit down and make this call. Like someone else said, its like ranking chapters in a book. I also don't get how some people call themselves fans of Star Wars when they say how bad all the movies are etc etc. I mean really, if you really have that many problems with the film, do you even really like it?

I like all 4 rather equally, and they both have their strong points. I liked the quotable script that ANH had, despite the budget restrictions Lucas had in the effects. I like ESB for all the Han/Leia stuff,innovative planets, and the first sign of the Empire as more then just a despotic guys pinning their hopes on a big Death Star. I like ROTJ for the Ewoks, the amazing display of force by the Empire, Jabba the Hutt, and the resolution of the whole Leia love triangle. I like TPM for the Old Republic politics, the Podrace and fight sequnces, and in general better acting then any of the other 3 movies.

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think any of them are bad.

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Possibly for the last time... :)

10. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I love them all, but I think my least favorite of the four is ANH.

11. darth_obawan

darth_obawan Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I love them all and I completely forgot which one I voted for. (If I could, I would've voted for AOTC)

TPM is a great movie!!! The best out of the 5 SW films out!!! Fine, maybe third place but certainly not the WORST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.