main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WORST Fanfilm Ever..............

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by HanJones, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    We all know about the travesty known as "The Star Wars Holiday Special." Well, I just looked up the full cast and crew list for it on IMDB here:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0193524/fullcredits#writers

Check out what the other four writers (aside from the uncredited Lucas) have done. I mean, some of these guys truly are brilliant, but in COMEDY. Pat Proft is comic genius - Police Squad / Naked Gun, Hot Shots!, Real Genius (he worked a lot with Leslie Nielsen). Another writer worked on "Bosom Buddies" that launched Tom Hanks' career.

While this production has basically been disowned by Lucas, I thought that I'd throw this out as an example of what happens when talented people are horribly mismatched. In short, what will most likely forever be remembered as the worst fanfilm ever. Even Lucas agrees! :)

Just something to brighten everyone's mornings.

2. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Morning? It's 6pm here... :p

- To cool to have a manual signature :cool:

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  4. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    That's the scary part, Adam. That's the scary part.........

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Well, then why was this posted in Fan Films, and not, say, Small Screen Star Wars?

Rick McCallum loves you! (THAT's the scary part.)

6. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
  7. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    what was that film with the camp canadiains in bed sheets. The thread to release the film was the worst fan film ever i think.

8. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't like American Jedi that much...I don't think it's the worst fanfilm ever, but it's pretty overrated, IMO...

9. Jeremy_West

Jeremy_West Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey- NOBODY takes Worst Fanfilm Ever honors away from me.
    And no doggans, you're not the only one.

10. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    My vote goes to Crapisode I.

M. Scott

11. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I would have to say A Rising Threat, bar none...

12. Darth_Katanas

Darth_Katanas Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    I think that Weiber VS dorkman was the worst fan film ever, what the hell was that about anyway?

13. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Dumb Natives, if you could call that a fan film, or even a film.

14. Ulric

Ulric Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    re: American Jedi

At 16, you may be too young to get the tv culture references in the satirical spoof (*not* a _fan_film_) American Jedi.
    It references the trailers, with their original bubble gum pop background music, and key scenes (as intercut in the trailers) of many movies like American Pie, She's All That ('fatboy slim/Rockafeller Skank' prom dance), Drive Me Crazy and other 1999 teen movies.
    Naturally, Episode I trailers were also playing in 1998-1999, at the time this trailer spoof was made...

Like most spoof films, it will not not make any sense to future generations.

15. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    "camp canadiains in bed sheets"

Oi! I hope he's not talking about my film! I mean... I know our costumes are bad... but...

Seriously, the one of the worst SW fanfilms I've seen was done by the Queen's University Physics department. It was shot in the early 80's, shortly after the original trilogy. It had some classic moments like a kid in class standing up to a mumbling prof and chopping his head off with a lightsaber...

But back in those days they shot on actual FILM, and their lightsaber effects were acheived by scratching it up in every frame...

It was pretty funny I guess, but it didn't live up to todays standards for sure.

-Spiff

16. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh, no, I got the cultural references in AJ, I just didn't find them that funny...but that's just my personal opinion.

17. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Man, Iron Fist of the Obisidian Sith SUCKED!

~Neszis~

18. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    Are you serious? IFOTOS was better than most fanfilms I've seen recently! ;)

19. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    IFOTOS greatest fanfilm ever :D

20. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    are you guys kidding me? Thank god none of you have seen whispers...

21. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Well, I hate to tell people their work sucks...but, here we go.

In no order.

1. Matrix Jedi

Funny to download and laugh AT this thing. I don't think there's a better way to phrase it than Justin did on DLR. 'I thought the ten minutes of running around an office building really sucked.'

2. The Dumb Natives

::::Shakes head::::

3. Dead End

Don't even try to tell me the story was great. Wasn't even good. High production values and attractive acting on occasion are no excuse...

4. Run Leia Run
    Sorry, kidding Adam. I just wanted to make your heart stop for a second. I liked it, and recommend it to all. I'd like to point you towards this.

5. Fan Wars
    A good example of a GREAT idea thrown to hell by bad....everything.

6. Invisible Enemy
    I think I'm the only guy on the boards who didn'yt like this. I thought it was very politically incorrect and downright rude at times with the gay references, plus...I don't see any reason to like it. It also could have been cute, but they screwed the pooch on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.