Worst. Idea. Ever.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by weezer, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    From Rebelscum:

Hasbro 2006 Plans: Customs Vehicles - Choppers
    Posted by Curto on July 20, 2005:

Hasbro has plans for a new line of Star Wars Choppers, and we've gotten word on three vehicles in the planning stages right now:

Darth Vader's Imperial Chopper
    Luke Skywalker's Rebel Chopper
    Boba Fett's Bounty Choppper

Imagine your favorite Star Wars characters with weapons drawn racing into battle on top of motorcycles. Yeah, that's right.

I remember as a kid having superheroes on motorcycles and even then I thought it was stupid. Why would Spidey ride a bike? He swings through the city. Was the Hulk even smart enough to drive a bike? Even today they have a tendancy to always stick superheroes on bikes. Never thought I'd see it with star wars but, there you go. [face_plain]
  2. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I was just telling Jeannette that I want to buy a chopper in a few years :)
  3. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
    If they wouldve at least put them on a speeder bike not just a motorcycle.
  4. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Good Lord, first 2 inch Unleashed figures, now this. [face_plain]
  5. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't know what exactly to make of this idea. I don't hate it,but I don't particuarly like it either. It seems to me that if they're going make SW motorcycles,that it would be cooler just to have a SW painted motorcycle without any character on top of it. :)
  6. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    I think this is proof that someone dropped some "crazy serum" into the water supply at Hasbro. Half the people here can come up with better ideas than what they're giving us.
  7. JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm speechless. One of the worst ideas yet from Hasbro. Just when I think they couldn't sink any lower...
  8. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Back in the 70's, there was this Custom Van craze, and Star Wars jumped on board with Model kits and a couple of Zip toy Vans with Star Wars painted on them. Now, I guess it's the "Chooper" thing, though that fad seems to be over now. Can't wait for Hasbro to get around to that Star Wars Rubik's cube, or maybe Cabagge Patch Jedis.
  9. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, Juke, there was the Darth Maul head Rubik puzzle that came out for TPM. It was pretty lame!

This is definitely going in the annuls of stupidity even for Hasbro! I am thinking that they might be using chimps to pick what they do with the SW lines, but that is probably just insulting to chimps...
  10. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Arggggh, I knew it! Hasbro makes it too easy!
  11. JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. rebelwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    i picked up one of those Darth Maul rubik's puzzles at the $1 shop a while back. i made the mistake of trying to use it. i've never solved it, because it's a waste of time. oh well, it was only a dollar.

as for the choppers, the custom vans of the 70's was the first thought to cross my mind. i don't think it's a "bad" idea to make them, i just wouldn't invest much in it. it's neat as a novelty, but i hope they don't think it's going to be the next big thing in collecting.
  13. -Darth_Pozo- Jedi Master

star 4
    I had that Rubik of Maul too, it broke... I tried to fix it but it didn't work... I think it's still somewhere in my room, in a million pieces...
  14. NewWorldOrder Jedi Knight

star 3
    this is worse than spiderman havin a motorcycle
  15. MidnightRain Jedi Master

star 4
    What's next -- a pink Barbie-esque Corvette for Padme?!

They actually think we're going to buy these? Yes, take the 7" Unleashed, I would much prefer Vader on a Harley.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  16. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Maybe they will do well with kids. Like I said I though the spidey one I had as a kid was stupid but then again I still got it. [face_mischief]

Speeder bikes would of been sooo cool though. "Chopper" speeders would of been cool as hell. Motorcyles though...
  17. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't believe LFL approved ideas like that. :confused:
  18. MidnightRain Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Chopper speeders I could deal with. Those would be pretty cool.

The image of Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, on a motorcycle just seems so wrong, though.
  19. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The truth: Hasbro has a boatload of toy motorcycles they need to get rid of and Star Wars fan will buy anything.
  20. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm sure they are going to stick the POTF2 Vader on there as well :p

Hasbro must have a whole warehouse of those as often as they repaint it.
  21. Beautiful_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Why did you have to say that Juke? I fear that you've given Hasbro another idea. Will somebody please stop Hasbro before they strike again? First Star Wars Transformers(Luke in an X-Wing?!?) and now this. With the end of Unleashed and ideas like this, I seriously wonder if I'll ever buy from Hasbro again.
  22. El Kabong Force Ghost

star 3
    Are you kidding? If they did the old school SST bikes (or even better: the van with the airbrushed art on the sides), I would snap 'em up in a second. But with my luck, it'll be some craptastic modern take or something.
  23. darcphoenyx Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually those old POTF2 buff figures would be rather fitting for the "bad to the bone" motorcycle theme they'll have going here. ;)

As has been mentioned already with the vans and whatnot, this is just another case of trend surfing for Hasbro...and the latest in a long line of really, really silly ideas. As such it doesn't really bother me too much, I'll get a laugh out of them on the shelves but most likely they won't get a penny out of my pocket for them.
  24. Master_Jedi80 Jedi Master

star 3
    i have to agree.
    I have always turned away from figures on random vehicles and figures with accesories that do not appear in the movie/show whatever...

As a kid i never got the spiderman on motorcycle, or a batman with scuba gear.. i just wanted plain old spidey or batman...anyways

Personally i like my SW figures and vehicles to be movie authentic.

I wouldnt even consider buying a darth vader on a chopper. I mean, if someone is into motorcycles and star wars, it would be cool for them i guess...for me, a Vader in a non GFFA vehicle is kinda weird, and not my style

why dont they sell a Anakin on speeder from AOTC or something?
    that would be more appealing to me..

25. rebelwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    trend surfing! that's exactly the term i've been looking for. instead of focusing on what works, they surf the latest fads.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.