Worst. Idea. Ever.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by weezer, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    The only Star Wars Chopper that would make a slight bit of sense is one I'm sure they'll never make. Given Ewan's love for motorcycles, Obi-Wan on a bike would be hilarious and I would buy it without hesitation even though it is otherwise an insanely rediculous idea.
  2. darcphoenyx Jedi Master

star 4
    They actually did...it was a TRU exclusive in 2003, and was next to impossible to find on shelves. It seems like the deck was stacked against these guys from the beginning. There was very little promotion from Hasbro, it was released well after the movie (even too late for the DVD), and it was a bit pricey at $15. Perhaps because of all of that they didn't bother making too many because they knew they would wind up shelf warmers...so instead they wound up poorly distributed in very low numbers.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw03anakinswooploose.jpg]

The Anakin figure packed in is hideous but the swoop bike itself (and the Dooku speeder bike came out alongside it) is rather good. Curiously they designed them so the figures' action features (slashing action for both of them) could be activated whether the figure was on or off the bike...it's a little odd actually.

I got lucky enough to see these at a TRU in a Chicago suburb while I was up there on business and snapped them up, that was the one and only I ever saw them at retail.

Rebelscum's Photo Archives:
    Anakin Skywalker's Swoop Bike
    Darth Tyranus's Geonosian Speeder Bike
  3. Master_Jedi80 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey cool!!

Yea see, id be MUCH more likely to buy that than anakin on a chopper.

Yeah, i didnt collect many items from AOTC (obi,, jango, ani, padme, clone, dooku) so i easily overlooked it!

Although, i do actually like that item...

thanks!!!
  4. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Go to the fanfilms section and look up "Imperial Choppers"

maybe this was their inspiration. Or maybe Hasbro should take notes.
  5. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ah yes. I remember that. Thats what I'm talking about. "Speeder Choppers" makes since "in universe" and still kinda works with the chopper trend.
  6. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya think Vader's Chopper Droid would get its own chopper?
  7. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    Gee, I thought Hasbro couldn't break even on new vehicles and was never ever never going to put out anything but repaints of existing vehicles.

Further proof of my theory that Hasbro is evil/lame/stupid/ran by Nazis/etc...
  8. KBD372 Jedi Padawan

Simply reeks of the old vans from the 70s, which I have because they're really campy so 70s-ish, you have to love them.

But this idea is so freakin' stupid...UGH!

I can just see Luke with a huge handlebar mustache like the dude on that stupid show.

KBD3
  9. darcphoenyx Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually until we've seen pics of them we have no way of knowing that these are new molds...it is quite possible that these are in fact repainted and/or retooled figures from some non-SW line.

They just did the same exact thing with the two convertible Galactic Heroes vehicles...which were very, very re-used molds...even though they had never been used for a Star Wars toy before. A coat of paint and a few tooling modifications was all it took to pass them off (not very convincingly) as SW vehicles. Maybe the G.I. Joe line has an old chopper mold that can be paired with a POTF2 figure and some new paint for this purpose as well.

Also, if Hasbro were run by Nazis then figures would at least reach the shelves on time...so you con't be right on that one.
  10. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    Also, if Hasbro were run by Nazis then figures would at least reach the shelves on time...so you con't be right on that one.

I guess you got me there. :)

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.