main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Lines in TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    While TCW is a great show, I think we all can agree that some of the dialogue can be jarring to cringe-worthy. This thread is to list the quotes that you think embody the worst writing in the show.

"This burning boat is about to finish us both off!" -Ahsoka Tano

Seriously, who talks like that?

"If you get tired, you can rest your head on my shoulder." -Rush Clovis

Ugh, that's creepy. Just creepy. [face_shame_on_you]

"Foolish Republic scum, your puny missiles are no match for my thermo shields!" -Admiral Trench

Um, are we watching an episode of Star Wars, or a TV show based on the latest duel-themed trading card game?

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    :oops:

3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    "Well, you're going to have to."
    --Mace Windu

What were they thinking?!

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That whole scene was nonsense. They redid the Mace and Boba first meeting from the young reader novel, but they completely ruined their new "first time meeting."

5. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    "What are you you looking at?!" -Boba Fett

Ugh. :oops:

"You started it!" -Boba fett

Wow, 8 years of waiting for boba and Mace's confrontation, and that's what we got. What a terrible mess the Boba trilogy was. Ugh. UGH. :oops: :oops:

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Well, they first encountered in a Boba young read novel, IIRC, so they have met in canon before. But yeah, the way TCW showed Mace and Boba meeting, it was bad.

7. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Kilian: "A captain must go down with her(???) ship."

Aayla: "Only the good ones."

Ahsoka: "Back at ya, piston head!"

Ahsoka: "Rexster here saved your skin, Skyguy."

Ahsoka: "He's just another tinnie, boys. Let's scrap him like the rest!"

Dooku: "..some godforsaken planet.."

Obi-Wan: "Just shut up."

Yoda: "More to add, do you?"

Ione Marcy: "This whole ordeal I've just endured.."

Mace: "Well.. you're going to have to."

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    In that novel, didn't Fett have his dad's armor on, and did a fist brawl in Palp's office? With the introduction of Mandalorians into the Clone Wars, there is a certain anonymity to be had when donning a helmet. So Fett could still have his awesome encounter with Mace, and make it more awesome due to him being mad about the whole humiliation thing in the show.

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, these are horrible indeed. Isn't enough to have bad lines, do we also need grammatically wrong lines?

10. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Bail Organa's "Help us General Kenobi, you're our only hope." was a bit too obvious a 'homage' to the OT for my taste.

11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I Smell Fear, and it Smells GOOD!

Damn it Trench, you really need some acting skills.

"No! I'll be defoliated!"
    You too Mr Sulu.

12. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    I don't mind a lot of the above lines...but...

"But I don't wanna go to the Senate!" - Ziro

Honestly everytime that Hutt opens his mouth I cringe.

13. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    I have to say that I don't agree with including some of these in such a discussion.

"This burning boat is about to finish us both off!" -Ahsoka Tano

Do you not think that lines like this are just the Star Wars style of dialogue? Is it that different from lines like "This bucket of bolts is never going to get us past that blockade"?

"If you get tired, you can rest your head on my shoulder." -Rush Clovis

Wasn't Clovis supposed to be creepy?

"Foolish Republic scum, your puny missiles are no match for my thermo shields!" -Admiral Trench

I think this line is a bit like this one - showing that villains love to gloat.

"Young fool...Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side." - Palpatine.

Kilian: "A captain must go down with her(???) ship."

He does say 'his'. The Scottish accent makes it sound like 'hus' and it's followed by 'ship' - so 'hus ship' ends up like 'huh ship', which can sound like 'her ship'.

Aayla: "Only the good ones."

She is saying that the good Jedi appear recklessbecause they take action to get the job done. A bad Jedi would be one who would stops to think too much at the expense of taking action. ie in Ep II Obi-Wan jumps through a window and then goes off hanging onto the droid. He didn't have to do that, it was quite reckless, but he had to take action there and then.

Dooku: "..some godforsaken planet.."

It seems odd for someone to talk about god, yet it is only an expression, like the references to hell in the films. In SW there would be a wide variety of gods, both current and ancient. Presumably Dooku does not believe in any of them, and his comment is merely referring to the state of the place ? ie it is as if the (fictional) gods have abandoned it. In short, it's just a metaphor.

Yoda: "More to add, do you?"

It would seem more likely to say ?more to add, have you??, or ??do you have?? but then ?do you? still refers to the thing the person is either going to do or not do.

Yoda was not exactly renowned for speaking standard English. He occasionally misses out words ?

?Trained as a Jedi, you request for him??
    ?How feel you??
    ?What know you of ready??
    ?Wars not make one great.?

Ione Marcy: "This whole ordeal I've just endured.."

In that scene though, she is nervous ? and lying about what happened. So she is unconvincing when speaking of her ?ordeal?.

Mace: "Well.. you're going to have to."

Anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering. Mace does not want Boba to grow up consumed by hatred because it will mean that he, and others, will suffer. However, Mace is not going to apologise for doing what he felt was necessary. Therefore he tells Boba that for his own sake, he must be the one to let go of his anger.

"No! I'll be defoliated!"

I thought that line was quite funny. At that point, Durd was defeated and had no minions to protect him and was about to have his own weapon turned against him. So he had become a ridiculous figure and so he expressed his impending demise in a humorous way (from the viewers? point of view). It?s funnier to say a word like ?defoliated? in that situation because it?s more ridiculous than simply saying ?killed?.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    All these lines are just very cringe-worthy.

15. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    "My heart...can't breathe..." -Onaconda Farr

Wayyyyy too melodramatic.

Reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons where Comic Book Guy has a heart attack. "Left arm numb...chest tight...can't go on...describing symptoms..."

16. cwquest1

cwquest1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2008
    I always really liked that line

17. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I actually liked that line, too.

"Time to put the squeeze on them!" -Battle Droid

I didn't know battle droids were smart enough to make up such "witty" dialogue...

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well yeah, but being so creepy I spent part of the episode wondering how anybody could have ever had an intimate relationship with somebody that creepy...

...then I remembered this is the same woman who fell madly in love with a man shortly after he confessed to killing a whole village of men women and children, and then it was easier to watch.

19. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Ahsoka saying: "This is where the fun begins." from the movie. I'm sure she also said it again in an episode from season 1, but I'm not so sure.

It made me cringe, when I heard that line from her...
    As you can tell, I'm not a huge fan of her.:p

20. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I just don't like re-using lines from the movies. It's not paying homage, it's unoriginal.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Two years ago, when that movie came out, there were quite a few badly delivered lines particularly early on in the film. The one that really stood out...

Anakin: "Oh great, they don't even know we're in trouble!" Then he pouts.

Fortunately, Matt Lanter has gotten a better grasp on the character as the series has progressed.

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course. If anything, Anakin should have said it possibly, since he did say it in the beginning of ROTS.

23. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    I thought that scene was pretty cool.

24. Orvakki

Orvakki Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2010
    "You brought war to my planet" - Thousands of Senate - Separatist collaborators etc.

it just makes me gag. IT'S BEEN USED BEFORE DARLING GET A NEW CATCHPHRASE X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.