main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Worst Lines in the CT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthSheev, Mar 31, 2015.

1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    "My hands are dirty too." A line straight out of late night Cinemax.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  2. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    You're a notorious PT basher around here, so quit with the minimodding. *unnecessary smiley face*

mes520 likes this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    That was the joke. But I suppose I should have expected you to take it seriously. I try to keep the following in mind when I'm discussing Star Wars: they're movies, not people's children.

Yanksfan likes this.
  4. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Actually, that's one of my favorite lines, because the line, combined with Mark Hamill's whiny delivery, make us see immediately who Luke is: a more-or-less typical 18-20 year old kid.

5. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001

I found C-3PO to be borderline annoying by this point in the film... almost as annoying as he was on Geonosis.

Agreed... bad line and equally bad delivery.

Very true. It almost feels like a waste of a scene. I find Han to be quite whiny and disinterested in most of ROTJ. This is a good example.

Completely agreed. Comes off very much like a soap opera.

Now that you mention it, that's rather funny. It's almost like Vader's relieved to have finally gotten that fact out of him. :D

Luke's horror sort of feels like Vader in ROTS.

As angry as we know Anakin is after Shmi's death, once Padme says she's going to help Obi-Wan Anakin sort of snaps out of it and gets quite excited. Much like Luke in this scene as well as later when the TIEs chase the Falcon.

Other lines I think are a bit cringe-worthy:

"Biggs is right... I'm never gonna get out of here!"

"Bring her back! Play back the entire message!"

"I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I'm beginning to see a big light blur."

6. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    It's amazing, people who are generally fans of the originals have no problem criticizing them when merited. Doesn't bother us in the slightest. No chance this thread would be allowed in the PT forum though. Would get locked in a second.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Because a lot of time people are too over the top about it.

Ewok Poet and Saga Explorer like this.
  8. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    It goes both ways.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  9. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Ok, move along, move along...

Darkslayer and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015

This is so classic. It's the delivery rather than the line, but I love this.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "... from a certain point of view" obviously. The clunkiest bit of retconning.
    But it makes me grin every time.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah the dude who plays Hobbie is really selling his one line for his demo reel "Two fighters against a STAR DESTROYER?!"

-Jedi Joe- and jakobitis89 like this.
  13. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    It's hard to answer this question, because some of the lines I kinda love-hate? Like, they're ridiculous ("scruffy-looking nerfherder!") or weirdly delivered ("Oh, it's Han!") or just whiny classics ("power converters!"), but I also kinda like 'em. Because they're kinda funny and make me laugh. And they just….*work*. Somehow.

Except Leia's "Hold me." Yeah. I legitimately hate that one. It makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe because I just don't see Leia saying that. Seriously, if they just had her throw herself into Han's arms without comment that would've been better. I mean, that scene would still have a lot of issues, but it would've helped at least….

-Jedi Joe- and Sarge like this.
  14. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Speaking of that scene, Han's "Could you tell Luke, is that who you could tell?" is pretty bad, IMO. Harrison Ford really wasn't all that up to par in terms of acting in this one. It was like "I'll just show up and say the lines." I have a feeling he's going to give a lot better performance in TFA, as it seems his wish of having Solo die is going to come to fruition, if the rumors can be trusted, that is.

15. Codename_Strife's_Shadow

Codename_Strife's_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2015
    I know it's already been posted, but the only line I have a great enough issue with to comment on it is Luke's drawn out "No" in Episode V: Empire Strikes back; it's not even the line, just the delivery is really weird in my opinion anyway. I will concede however, that there needs to be SOMETHING there, otherwise the greatest cinematic reveal of all time (hyperbole is highly present) would be dealt with in a kind of "Yeah, cool story bro, anyway..." manner...

WHICH WOULD NOT BE COOL.

That is all.

Sarge likes this.
  16. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    Leia and Han's conversation on Endor in "Return of the Jedi".

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    "Who's scruffy looking!?"

It was kinda hard for me to increase my liking for Han after hearing that...

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I have absolutely no issues with the dialog in the OT, it's meant to be a like an old SF serial and fun. Spoken as someone who enjoys OTT dialog as much as she does characters / moments / costumes etc.

And the dialog is superb compared to some hilariously awful English dubs I've sat through recently.

19. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    The PT thread would be all of Anakin/Padme's romance dialogue. And various one liners thrown in from all three prequel movies, and i would know because my main issues with the PT, despite the fact it's my favorite era and I like the characters (mainly because of the novelizations) has always been the dialogue.

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    The only line that kinda bothers me in the OT is when Luke is referring to R2 before the DS run, and he says something along the lines of "we've been through a lot together" or something.

He like, just got the droid two days ago.

SlashMan, lbr789 and darskpine10 like this.
  21. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    In ESB, laser brain.

22. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Funny, I've noticed a lot of mentions of Han and Leia dialogue where they're actually trying to be nice to each other.

23. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    I don't like the delivery on that last line but there is nothing wrong with how it is written tho.

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    None of the dialogue in the films bother me; I actually like all of the lines posted at the beginning of this thread. Even if some of the lines themselves are a bit wonky, their delivery and context within the films sells them. The only thing that really bothers me is when Han calls Leia "sister" in A New Hope, when they're arguing in the Millennium Falcon's cockpit. It just sounds weird.

25. MonkeyHouse143

MonkeyHouse143 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    I know that there are some bad line deliveries, but I have heard them many times they don't bother me in the slightest. Maybe they don't bother me because I heard them many times as a kid and I didn't really have an ear for it back then.

ANH:
    "But i was going to tosche station to pick up power converters!"

ESB:
    Luke's "Nooo noooo" on the ledge

ROTJ:
    Pretty much the entire Ewok village bridge scene