main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Worst Movies Ever!- Not to be confused with our Movie Review thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekei, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    OK, NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE WE WANT BUBBA'S REVIEWS THREAD.

I started a similiar thread on another, non Star Wars forum and it was so popular I decided to see if anyone here was interested. This is not a Movie Review thread, per se. It's not the movies you just didn't like, but the movies you thought were the absolute worst you've ever seen... ever! This will be especially fun if some of your worsts are someone else's favorites & vice versa.

Here are my worst:

Point Break (and I'm not a Keanu Reeves hater.)
    Sideways
    AVP2 (I mentioned that last winter in the Bubba's Reviews thread).
    Cloverfield
    Blair Witch Project

2. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Glitter.and no i haven't seen it.

3. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Cloverfield was awesome if you do not suffer from motion sickness.

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Requiem for a Dream
    Dark Water
    The Day After Tomorrow

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, one of the reasons I mentioned Cloverfield, Blair Witch & Sideways were their good reviews by friends and critics. I thought I would like Cloverfield, but disliked it for the same reason as Blair Witch. The gimmicky was too gimmicky and I didn't think it worked. I really thought I was gonna love Cloverfield, but I was so bored I fell asleep during the movie...twice. The monsters weren't too badly done.

LB: Thanks for the warning about Dark Water.

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    A lot of people love Requiem for a Dream, it's probably one of the more acclaimed films of the past decade. I personally agree with you, I think it's pointless, stupid, and doesn't really express any message that's meaningful to me at all. A lot of people, my friends especially, were calling it so emotionally moving because it's the most depressing movie they have ever seen. So I had some friends say they didn't really LIKE it so much as they respected it and "you have to see it!" So I saw it, didn't care about the characters at all, and wished death upon them all. So that isn't depressing to me since I had no desire to see the characters do anything with their lives anyway. It was a failure, to me, so I agree it wasn't a good film. Not one of the worst, but not very good.

The Day After Tomorrow, come on, it can't make a worst movies list with a $100 million budget, honestly, no movie can. It has too great of production design, too great of special effects, and too many cool camera shots. Any film that's $100M just has too much going for it to make any worst movies list if you've actually seen a lot of movies. The dialogue sucked in this movie, and it was kind of absurd, but way too entertaining to be flat-out awful.

Fear Dot Com is one of the lesser movies I've ever seen, also Time Changer, this Christian film, is completely horrible, it's just unbelievably awful, and tries to shove that sad religion down your throat, I actually e-mailed with the director because he saw my terrible no star review of his film, so we talked back and forth, and he tried to defend what a horrid film he had made, hahaha.

Crossroads with Britney Spears is on my list. Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, which offends me just typing its stupid name, is definitely one of the worst films ever made.

Hey Arnold! the movie is right up there, pretty terrible. I agree The Blair Witch Project belongs on the list, it's completely awful by any standard. When I say I could do better, I mean tomorrow I could start my film and still do better. Plus it cost nothing so even I could afford to make that movie, haha.

7. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I guess it is up to me to mention what is considered the all time worst Movie: Plan Nine from Outer Space!!![face_laugh]

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah but come on when something is THAT bad, it's pretty good ;)

It's like the original Jack Frost, forgot to mention that, it's surely one of the worst movies ever, but when you have Shannon Elizabeth getting raped in a bathtub by a snowman, I mean that's classic stuff right there, it's so bad it's good! Just don't watch Jack Frost II. That's so bad that it went past good and back to bad again. Seriously. I wanted to rip my eyes out and eat them.

9. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Now I have to watch Jack Frost.

10. Waffllebot

Jul 22, 2007
    me too. that gives me an idea. renting scary Xmas movies for this holidays hangout get-together.

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I watched Jack Frost with a friend, we were cracking up laughing most of the time, it was so absurd. It was definitely watchable just because it was so bad. But the second, wow, my friend Bryan will never turn a movie off, he adamantly believes in watching until the end, just as I do because I feel to form a fully educated opinion I should at least see the whole movie, but about half-way through Jack Frost II, Bryan said, "Do we have to finish watching this? I mean seriously..." It was miniature Jack Frost snow balls on a tropical island (?) that could kill people in ridiculous ways, even though they would have melted, but they were mutant snowballs...

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Yes, but did YOU think it was one of the Worst Movies ever? I thought it was one of those 'so bad it made laugh' movies, not, 'when is this damn thing going to be over do I really have to watch it till the end?' movies.

Like Bowen, I almost ALWAYS watch a movie to its end, even the made for TV Sci Fi, starring the giant purple mutant half spider half annaconda leprechaun from the ancient mycanaean tomb with the ancient scroll warning everyone that opening the tomb means the end of the world movies.

13. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Actually I like it too and many other B,C and even some cases D Movies but in most critic poles it always comes up at the top of the worst list. On the other Hand I Loved AVP-R for it's bad, Campy Goodness and will be adding it to my Dvd Collection in the near Future.[face_dancing]

14. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Its because you're 'supposed' to say that its a bad movie so they do. Also why movies that were on mystery science theatre do horrifically on IMDB even though some aren't too bad in their own right.

I've a large collection of movies in the "so bad they're great" catagory. Hard Rock Zombies, Flight of the Undead, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter (that one's more self-aware)

And no budget can save Day after Tomorrow from being a horrific movie. I've never yelled at one movie as much as I yelled at that movie.

15. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter???!!! Excuse me, folks. My next stop is Netflix.

16. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    The tagline is "The power of Christ impales you"

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    HAHAHA, that sounds like the greatest movie ever! I have to see this.

18. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007

Oh this movie you must see, Thx to Lowbacca for bringing it over that one night at MPalidin's Place.
    [face_dancing]

19. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Flight of the Dead was awesome! Almost as good as Fido, if you like zombie movies.

The, so-called, remake of Day of the Dead was horrible.

20. Waffllebot

Jul 22, 2007
    HA! My ex-neighbor is in that Flight of the Dead movie. We skipped though to see her parts.She plays the *itchy wife! She's also one of the girls in 40 Year Old Virgin.

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
    "Manos" the Hands of Fate
    Eegah!
    Ralph Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings"
    Space Mutiny
    Plan 9 From Outer Space

22. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Did You realize that all the movies on your list except LOTR and Plan 9 were MST3K Epiodes???[face_laugh]

DejaVu Plan Nine from outer Space mentioned again, I offically
    call the nomiation Seconded!!!=D=

PS: JT I have to agree with you the Romero Dead Movies will always be the best, the remakes are horrible!!!

23. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Nah, that's not true at all. Yes, the Romero films are the best, but the remake of Night of the Living Dead is a fantastic film in its own right, with a lot of the philosophical messages of Romero's trilogy continued. I took a whole college class on the Dead films, which numbered 4 at the time. I also loved Dawn of the Dead, it maintained the same types of themes in a fun film, not as good as the original but still very strong. To say you didn't like it that much, uhh, ok, but it has a 7.4 out of 10 on IMDb and basically no film has above 9, so that's pretty awesome.

24. Waffllebot

Jul 22, 2007
    Ralph Bakshi is a God. For what he did with what he was given,it's still a great movie. I can see this as a total generation gap but trust me,there are way worse oldschool movies that might not compare to what can or could be put out today,but his LOTR is def NOT one of them.The animated Return of the King,that truly sucked,and the new version of King Kong,now that sucked gorilla b*lls.

25. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Point well taken.

Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings isn't truly horrible. What is horrible is Rankin' Bass' Return of the King and The Hobbit. I apologize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.