main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WORST movies of 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Saruman_the_Silver, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saruman_the_Silver

Saruman_the_Silver Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 18, 2003
    1. Gigli
    2. Hulk
    3. Kangaroo Jack
    4. LXG
    5. Justin to Kelly

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Probably the Hulk. Didn't like that one much.

3. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    1. Gigli
    2. Hulk
    3. Kangaroo Jack
    4. LXG
    5. Justin to Kelly

A few reasons why I hope Hollywood falls into the ocean first when the Big One hits us. That sucking sound you hear is the creative life force being pulled into that retched black hole.

4. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Some of you actually saw Gigli?

Cabin Fever was the worst film of the year.

5. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    I'm wondering who really saw from Justin to Kelly?

I haven't seen that or Gigli. Hulk was pretty bad.

6. endangeredsp

endangeredsp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2003
    Hulk...

horrible. Just horrible.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    1. Hulk: That was just the most stupid thing.. I didn't see any effort there at all. The TV show was better. I felt I was watching a cheap rip-off cartoon.

2. LXG: I thought the actors were just boring together.

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Gigli
    Matrix Revolutions

9. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    Hulk...

horrible. Just horrible.

The Hulk was ... odd. i can definitely see why people wouldn't like it, but i wouldn't say it was bad, though. i think it deserves props for the comic-book style frames and split-screens, which were genius. some of the scenes were truly gorgeous, too - the fight with the dogs in the moonlight stands out for me, but the weird abandoned town with the rusty swingsets and whatnot was fantastic. the acting was pretty solid, overall, and i think Ang Lee really gets the Hulk as a character. Spider-Man is about growing up, the X-Men are about being an outcast and such, but the Hulk is all about blind, repressed rage, and the fear and ecstasy involved in letting it out. Lee nailed that, and so for me it's a success.

too bad the Hulk himself looked so bad.

the worst movie i saw in 2003 was Equilibrium, but that actually came out in 2002, so i suppose that shouldn't count. Matrix Reloaded was a mixed bag - the good stuff (the Architect scene especially) was really, really good, and the bad stuff (virtually all of the fight scenes) was really, really bad. Revolutions was dull and disappointing and did nothing with the best aspects of Reloaded.

there was something else that i saw which wasn't so good, but i can't remember what it was. The Cooler didn't live up to the hype, but it wasn't bad.

overall, i think i've been pretty successful at avoiding bad movies this year.

10. darkmole

darkmole Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    Hulk was truly dreadful.

11. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The Hulk was simply the worst film of the year.

What happens to Nick Nolte's character at the films climax was simply one of the worst things I have ever seen in a movie.

12. darkmole

darkmole Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    I'll concede that Hulk was a noble failure. The movie was a mess, the characters were stereotypical and inconsistent, the visuals overly-stylised. The plot was incomprehensible and the climax made no sense to me at all. However, at least Ang Lee tried to do something different with the genre. From all I've heard, Gigli is probably the worst movie this year, but I've not seen it, so Hulk gets my vote.

13. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Of the few films I saw in 2003, Buffalo Soldiers takes the cake. Individual sequences and performances were excellent, but the plot that connects all the scenes together was just plain awful. By the time I got to the end, I felt like a spectator at a road smash - and to top it all off, everything was going in slow motion, figuratively speaking if not literally, as well.

14. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I will only comment on movies that I actually saw.

1. Daredevil - I never thought i would be bored while watching a superhero movie.

2. Underworld

15. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I got Hulk on DVD for Christmas [face_plain]

"Gee...Thanks"

I thought Daredevil was really good, but didn't that come out in 2002?

16. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I also like Daredevil, but I've never read the comic.

17. I_AM_A_CLONER

I_AM_A_CLONER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2003
    some people liked the hulk, some didn't so don't feel bad guff.....i am one of those who feels i wasted my money.....

...the cloner

18. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I like The Hulk.

Bad Boys 2 was by far the worst movie I saw all year. Michael Bay should be dragged out in the street and shot.

19. Papillion

Papillion Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2003
    Daredevil gets my vote.. When I first saw it, I liked it.. a lot. But in the span of a few days, I also watched The Crow- and in watching them side by side- the similarities are just too much.. I can't stand to watch Daredevil anymore-- it rips off the far superior The Crow at every opportunity.
    What an awful movie... Not to mention that [sarcasm] Ben Affleck turns in another fabulous performance [/sarcasm] [face_plain]

Even Gigli, or From Justin to Kelly tried to be somewhat original. That it failed miserably is irrelevant.. (though I haven't actually seen them... but it has to have been original to have been such an utter failure.) at least it wasn't a carbon copy of a movie and pretended that its concepts were original. [face_plain]

20. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I can only account for movies that I have seen, so, in no particular order:

The Hulk
    Matrix revolutions
    Whale Rider
    Seabiscuit
    Paycheck
    Charlie's Angels 2
    LOTR: TTT (I know it was released in 2002, but it was still playing in 2003)

21. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I´m with LaYa.Matrix Revolutions SUCKED.What a let-down.I felt that I wasted 5? for absoltuly NOTHING.

Gigli....I haven´t seen it so I can´t say if it was bad or good,but judging by the reviews...

7-7-7:The Two Towers?Oh you´r gonna get it now...[face_very_pissed_off_and_ready_to_smack_7-7-7_right_in_the_face]

22. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Whale Rider was a brilliant piece of cinema.
    I'm not sure why they released it in the US or elsewhere, you need to have an understanding of New Zealand to fully understand the movie.

23. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Charlies Angels 2

24. yodagirl02

yodagirl02 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I agree, Whale Rider was brilliant.
    Cheaper by the Dozen was awful.

25. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002