WORST movies of 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Saruman_the_Silver, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratmankey Jedi Master

star 4
    Whale Rider
    Seabiscuit
    LOTR: TTT

What the hell is wrong with you?
  2. 7-7-7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not nearly as much as someone who actually thought those movies were good.
  3. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    "Seabiscuit" is highly overrated..
    Laughable in it's attmepts to manipulate your emotions, with some absolutely horrid dialogue.. My friend and i consistently say "They poop to, ya know...Well, they do!" just for effect..

I cannot believe how much people laud this movie..It's not the worst movie ever made, but it's definitely not anywhere near as good as people will have you believe...Definitely up there on my 'least favourites of the year' list..

Also on that list:

"2 Fast 2 Furious"

"Paycheck"

"Cold Mountain" (Renee Zelwegger gives the most annoying performance of the year)

"Tomb Raider 2"

"Hulk"

And, in the top spot: "TIMELINE"
  4. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think everyone should go through the list again and see how many of these films you actually saw, then tell us how much money you wasted because of them.
  5. dizfactor Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Seabiscuit looked really awful, so i avoided it like the plague. i'm glad to see that i seem to have been right in my assessment. that's two hours of my life i don't have to whine about never getting back...

I think everyone should go through the list again and see how many of these films you actually saw, then tell us how much money you wasted because of them.

well, i didn't really have too many movies on my list this year. i saw Equilibrium for free because somebody i knew was apparently involved in making it or something. i don't regret spending the money on the Matrix films, though i do seriously regret going to the midnight opening showing of Reloaded instead of catching Prefuse 73 and RJD2, who both had DJ sets in my city the same night.

all of the other movies i thought would be bad (like Seabiscuit) i just didn't see, and i didn't have any huge unpleasant surprises this year.
  6. Pepijn Jedi Master

star 4
    The worst that I have seen is Matrix Reloaded. Too much action, too little storyline.
  7. Enji Force Ghost

star 6
    Both Matrix movies were bad, but the worst film I saw last year has to be Basic. Absolutely horrible. I had a free ticket to it, and it was not worth my money.
  8. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG:I completly forgot Tomb Raider 2.Yes,one that should have the Worst Picture Oscar from those prizes that are given a day before the Oscars-don´t remeber their names.
  9. The_Ultimate_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Not nearly as much as someone who actually thought those movies were good.

What are you talking about? How someone can hate TTT really is beyond me! They don't know good film making (or literature) when they see it. Seabiscuit and Whale Rider has some good acting and they are both heartwarming.

Anyway, I think the worst movie of the year was Daredevil, which was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
  10. Pepijn Jedi Master

star 4
    Was Daredevil in 2003? I thought 2002.
  11. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    "Daredevil" was released in February of 2003... (and for the record, i actually didn't mind it)

Another movie i need to add to my list is "The Hunted", with Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro... Hilariously embarassing stuff from two guys who are normally much more reliable in the projects that they choose...

12. The_Mirage Jedi Knight

star 1
    The_Ultimate_Fett: Let me make a few corrections to your last statement:

What are you talking about? How someone can like TTT really is beyond me! They don't know good film making (or literature) when they see it. Whale Rider has some good acting but it is not heartwarming.

There, much better.

And for my list:
    Tomb Raider
    Seabiscuit
    Charlies Angel's
    Matrix (Both of them)
    2 Fast 2 Furious
    SWAT
    Grind
    Bad Boys II

I think that that comes to around $63 for me, counting the coupon I used for the second Matrix.
  13. dizfactor Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What are you talking about? How someone can like TTT really is beyond me! They don't know good film making (or literature) when they see it.

[face_laugh] perfect revision, there, The_Mirage!

though, to be fair, i think it's more a question of bad literature than bad moviemaking. i think Jackson did the best job that could be done with the awful source material. pretty much all the problems i had with TTT were problems i had with Tolkien, not the movie itself. in any case, it was much better than FOTR, so that counted for something with me, anyway.
  14. Jedi_Learner Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought Matrix Revolutions was terrible. The ending left me feelings hollow and the lack of kung-fu that was always powerful in the other films was not here.
  15. Waning Drill Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Seriously, some of you actually SAW Gigli or From Justin to Kelly? Are you people loaded or something? If it looks like crap, it probably is. Mr. Cranky's reviews of it are probably more entertaining anyway.

It's the ones that look pretty but don't deliver that piss me off.
  16. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked S.W.A.T. and Bad Boys too. I Never Tomb Raider 2 or the Hulk but I am not going to rent those movies at all because they both look stupid. X2 and Daredevil were awsome.
  17. 7-7-7 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with you on X-2. All the while I was watching Daredevil, I was afraid I was going to go into epileptic seizures. Too many rapidly flashing lights for me.
  18. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tomb Raider 2 was already released? I follow movies pretty well, and I didn't even know about this. It must've bombed.
  19. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    I am happy to say, I didn't see a single one of the 'bad movies' on people's list! :)
  20. jedi_john_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I liked the Hulk. Always have.

Gigli, gawd, i saw the previews and thought i was going to die.

Matrix Revolutions ending sucked, but i like the near destruction of zion, trinity died, thats always a plus. i wish morpheus got the axe, once he did the moses thing with the orgy in reloaded i was like, thats it, hes done.

any and all chick flicks or movies with rappers in them sucked

tomb raider two sucked

bad boys 2 sucked, but so did the first one so i wasnt expecting much.

seabiscuit, bad. horses are good in glue form

from justin to kelly, there are better movies playing in my crap

Timeline i liked. I liked the take on Time travel, but my mom told me the movie wasnt as good as the book, as usual

i dont know if Signs was a 2003 movie but that sucked, what a waste of 2 hours. at the end i was half expected one of Joaquin Phoneix's tigers from Gladiator, to put me out of my misery
  21. Grapefruit Jedi Padawan

Charlies Angels 2: Full Throttle... worst movie of the year by far!

Tomb Raider 2 was also bad...
  22. Jedi-Monkey Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought I had seen the year's worst movie back in May. Unfortunately there was much worse to come. Out of the over 100 movies I did see this past year, Matrix Revolutions was by far the worst. Yes, it was worse than Hulk. It was worse than Daredevil. (Both of which were pretty good movies anyway.) It was worse than Just Married.[i/] It was even worse than the remake of Cheaper by the Dozen. (Both of which DID suck.) It was even worse than Matrix Reloaded, which itself rates far below Paully Shore's Bio-Dome.
  23. Darth Michigan Jedi Master

star 2
    Dreamcatcher and Charlie's Angels 2.
  24. ratmankey Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I'd like to change my answer.

Worst film I saw all year is a tossup between Bringing Down the House (HURR HURR BLACK PEOPLE AND WHITE PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT) and Drumline (we don't have enough plot for a 60 minute movie, so we'll just keep layering on the worthless suplots until it's 2 excruciating hours long!)
  25. jedi_john_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    wow, i found the mother load of poopy movies

these are ones ive seen, and all rented

just married
    kangaroo jack
    national security
    biker boyz (mind the Z, its actually there
    how to lose a guy in 10 days
    the core
    head of state
    house of 1000 corpses