main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Discussion Worst Possible Shippings

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by darth fluffy, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mara/Ben or Mara/Jacen/Anakin. This is just disturbing.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

I saw a Mara/Ben and wanted to hunt the author down. I have heard/seen of Mara/Anakin and was reading a quasi Mara/Jacen. The Mara/Jacen one I was reading out of curiosity but the pair had never slept together as far as I know/remember but he was using her.

3. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2012
    One of the NJO books was disturbingly close to Mara/Anakin…and I remember reading the Mara/Jacen one…it was actually an interesting read…in a slightly disturbing way. Too bad it never got finished.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I was witness to an IRC read-through of a Mara/Anakin fic. I predicted just how the squick would be set up and how it would end. It was so terribly cliché.

And icky.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Marakin! I think I wrote one of those just to irritate somebody.

6. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Dark Tide: Onslaught? I disagree, Mara was ill, and Anakin was helping her out. Doesn't even come close to a Marakin.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They could also be referring to Balance Point when Mara dressed up as some Kuati I think.
    I never got that impression either.

8. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    I read Balance Point all of once. All I remember is the fall of Duro, Jacen abandoning the force, and Leia almost losing her legs.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Once? That fact needs to be changed at once!

10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Ehh, didn't enjoy it because of whiny Jacen. Besides, if I remember correctly, Anakin didn't play as prominent a role as he did previously or afterward.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Balance Point always felt to me like a "wishy washy weasel" of a novel, neither advancing the overall storyline very much, nor adding any character development that didn't go beyond "eee, the universe hates me/doesn't understand me!" emo trash. It was definitely one of the weakest novels in the series.

And coming from an NJO-panner, that's saying something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.