main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst prequel criticism

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by KennethMorgan, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    It's been a while since I've posted here, and here I'm starting a thread that may well get me booted out.

Now, to make a colossal understatement, the PT has been the subject of a lot of criticism on practically every front. Question: What do you feel was the most nit-picking, finicky and over-the-top criticism of the PT?

For me, there's no contest: The hassle over Ani using the term "laser sword" instead of "lightsaber" in TPM. It's called a coloquialism, like calling a semi-automatic pistol a "gun". Yet there were those who hollered loud & long over this wholly insignificant item.

Over to you...

Strilo edit: This is just asking for trouble. Probably better to leave these waters unsailed.

2. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    "Too much CGI": What does that mean exactly? Go back to stop motion and models? I refuse to accept that it's because they believe the FX became the focus of the movies because that's bunk. You don't get so rich and fulfilling a storyline in movies and such complex themes and plotlines if your only focus is the FX. Strilo edit: That goes too far.

3. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    Strilo edit: That's quite uncalled for.

4. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    As much as you disagree, that is in fact what most people mean when they use that phrase.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Laser sword, that never bothered me. It was showing that Anakin probably didn't know much about Jedi living on such a scum world. In books, jedi themselves even refer to it as a laser sword, or even a light rod, from time to time.

The worst I ever heard is popular still to this day. That in AOTC, Anakin was TOO whiny. That's what he was supposed to be, I didn't like it anymore than anyone else... but that was essential to the character! Teenage angst, remember it?

6. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    My beef was hearing 'the acting was poor' in ROTS and they move through the characters one at a time hitting them all by the end (one person even included Yoda [face_thinking]). I thought that movie had great acting - GL's lines were maybe not the greatest, but the portrayals based on the storyline I thought were excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.