Worst ROTS review ever!

Discussion in 'London UK' started by DarthHomer, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    Did anyone see the review in the latest issue of Xpose magazine? They gave it one star! To put that into perspective, House of Wax gets two stars in the same issue! And the reviewer even has the nerve to claim he wanted to enjoy ROTS. I'd write a letter to complain, but that magazine isn't even popular enough to have a letters page :p
    Sight and Sound had a much better review. Kim Newman criticised the film in a lot of areas, but in an intelligent way and he offered some praise where it was due as well. Funny that all these magazines are coming out with reviews a month after the film's release. Slackers!
  2. Jazzatola Force Ghost

star 1
    Anyone who says 'I wanted to enjoy the film' is really saying 'I wanted to enjoy the film but I already decided beforehand that I wouldn't'.

Still, it's their loss. I love the movie.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Tis disgraceful
    I know The Guardian also gave it 1 star, and then did a list of reasons why SW was bad

It was clear to me they had decided in advance that they were going to be negative about it, whicxh is a shame because I have always respected the Guardian as it has generally done good & well founded reviews.

This also reminds me of the time that the TV Guide gave The Temple of Doom 2 stars :eek:

If a certain magazine/paper doesn't like a film then it will slag it off for unfounded reasons
  4. Sith-I-5 Chosen One

star 5
    Loved ROTS the first time I saw it, and was enraptured by the story.

Second time, the 'rescue' of the Chancellor made me want to see it several more times, but after that was over, I, in turn, rested my eyes, slept, and did a spot of sight-seeing inside the cinema, admiring the architecture.

For me to get to that stage on only the second viewing doesn't say much for a Star Wars film. Haven't seen more than one bad review, but at the current stage, i cannot fault the resulting opinion.

Sith-I-5
  5. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know how anyone could sleep through a film as eventful as ROTS, but I hope you had a good nap :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.