main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Scene in History - Padme recovery from Cruiser Fall

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RichieSm, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    The only thing I think is really wrong with this scene is that Padme and the clone trooper are out in the middle of a dune sea.

Where the heck are they going to find another cruiser? Did they radio for help?

2. Arthur_Dent

Arthur_Dent Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2002
    I thought it was fine. She only seems to fall about 15 feet. Look at Obi-Wan in TPM's lightsaber duel. How far did he fall after being kicked in the chops by Maul?

3. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    I don't think it was Portman's fault, just bad editing. What really got to me was the way she ran after the clonetrooper! I know they're on sand but......GEEZ! Try to be a LITTLE more coordinated?

4. YODAS_HALF_BROTHER

YODAS_HALF_BROTHER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2002
    I think the problem is she is moaning and groaning in pain then suddenly is fine. Although it has been said that she was just regaining conscienceness. The scene was just another vehicle to show Annakin's rebellious or disobeying side.

This has been discussed elsewhere (maybe earilier in this thread) but I think he should have gone after her then caught up to Obi in the cave and make the save.

5. DarthKnight

DarthKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    Who cares...Lucas always throws in a little cheese into his movies. I like cheese, and not just on my pizza. :)

6. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    This thread is one of the most petty things I have ever read.

I pitty the person who wrote this. 'Star Wars' "fans" who are always fighting the films and don't really understand what they are all about are truly sorry individuals.

Why does everyone have to be so cynical?

I loved this scene!

Wish everyone could be as happy as me.

7. random_trooper

random_trooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2000
    I only noticed it.....

during the second viewing and then only AFTER the audience laughed. This was a predictably cynical artsy audience watching the digital version in San Francisco. My buddy turned to me and whispered, "these guys read all the reviews"...(particularly Howard Stern's, who was the first popular voice to point this out) otherwise, there's little to no way the collective audience would've singled JUST that scene out.

No one laughed when Zam's vessel crashed into the streets faster than all heck and she sprang out and ran as fast as possible...no one laughed when ANAKIN did the same then sprang up without a scratch, just a second to catch his breath..total silence.....

Further proof of the brainwashed audience occured once the film ended...from all directions, at THE SAME TIME I heard :"gee, I didn't know Vader used to be a Backstreet Boy"...

I mean, damn...if you're gonna slam a movie, atleast agree ahead of time on stealing your lines from DIFFERENT critics.

*and....release...*

8. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

Wow, 256 posts for a scene less than ten seconds long where virtually nothing happens.

Random Trooper, I LOVE your signature quote from Ewan. Very truthful!

9. BlueMules

BlueMules Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I think it was a legitimate complain. That scene and Anakin's dream should be eliminated.

I wonder why Lucas didn't pick up that up?

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Worst scene in history?

Have you seen Jason X? Tomb Raider? Vertical Limit? Home Alone 3? Mission to Mars? Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Super Mario Bros.?

(the list keeps going but I need sleep)

THOSE movies have the "worst scenes in history."

Star Wars, as bad as everyone thinks it is, by far doesn't have the worst scene in history. Sorry. Not even a woman falling out of a cruiser and recovering quickly.

11. little susie jedi

little susie jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    go run in a sand dune, and see how coordinated you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.