main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Scene in History - Padme recovery from Cruiser Fall

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RichieSm, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoboliFett

BoboliFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    She never rolled around.

She made a noise that sounde like she was in pain, but I think it was pain and grogginess.

But what do you expect lol look at all the smack she got in TPM for acting too sedate and stiff.

Now its the opposite lol

she cant win

2. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Slave2 - I agree, she isn't rolling around intentionally. Although she is in pain.

3. BoboliFett

Mar 24, 2002
    How about that noise she made when she got her shirt torn off in the arena, that was savage! lol

That was pretty good acting from little miss Portman :)

4. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Guys..it's not the scene when she rolling down the dunes....the film cuts there and follows the jedi....we then cut back to padme who is lying on the sand holding her stomach in pain and groaning (this is like 3-5 mins later)... a clonetrooper comes up to her and asks her how she is....she says "I' fine"....bounces up and orders a ship and then sprints off the side of the screen

5. Lord_Naga_Sadow

Lord_Naga_Sadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Possibly one of the most unintentionally funny scenes in the movie.

6. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    RichieSm I totally agree with you! I've posted this a few times on afew other threads - I think Portman is the worst actress / actor in the entire saga. Her role in the love scenes were forced and she has this meniacal laugh that comes a few seconds later than it naturally should do.

Everyone in the Leic sq Odeon cracked up at the sand dune scene and I've spoken to numerous friends (not fan boys or girls) who said the cinemas they were in cracked up to and that this was a low point in the film.

I understand what people say that this shouldn't be allowed to ruin the film, but that would be OK if AOTC was following up a strong TPM. We all know that wasn't the case (TPM was bashed for poor acting etc) and this is just more ammo for those wanting to shoot the entire PT down. We can't say this is an isolated incident and it doeasn't matter because to many it's just one more example.

On a positive note, I thought Hayden was great, and maybe natalie's poor acting gives AOTC the twee edge that we all secretly love in star wars.

7. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Ok.

It's the middle of a battle. You lie around moaning, you die. Simple. Lots of people in real life recover from injuries quickly when need be. Hell, I've been kicked in the head, fallen down, and been up five seconds later.

I can't believe it bothers you that much.

8. BoboliFett

Mar 24, 2002
    Dont hate Natalie because she's beautiful.

9. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Jinky

I've also seen the film at Odeon Leicester Square all 3 times...you cringe when everyone starts laughing

10. Vodstok

Vodstok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    You know, the shortest post here took longer to type than the scene took to play out.
    To the critics, are you so jaded that the tiniest flaw can crush your spirits? If that is the case, take a vacation, get away from people for a while, or, spend more time with them. Also, I've been a member of a few forums, and I never ceases to amaze me the people who join just to complain. If that is your sole reason for joining, please, find something else to do with your time. Yes, this is a place for discussion, but understand that 90% of the people in here are VERY passionate about these subjects, and tend to be a tad sensitive when someone shows up and starts pointing out flaws, real or imagined, in the subject of that passion.

To the non critics, if a post bugs you that much, stay out of it and let it die. Subjects tend to disappear very quickly here if they are ignored.

And yes, the scene was a little goofy in how they went about it, but to say that a single scene, a very short and not-too-important one at at that, ruined an entire film is nit-picking at it's worst. Maybe you were having a bad day. Watch it again and see if you still feel the same. And if you do, see my statement about a vacation. Don't be so negative.

11. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I've also seen the film at Odeon Leicester Square all 3 times...you cringe when everyone starts laughing

Well no one has laughed the 3 times I have been to see it.

12. bombad_jedi

bombad_jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    I just watched that scene in my copy of AOTC (its pirated, of the internet, but I'm buying the DVD n stuff so I'm not taken no buisiness away) and: I relized that she was unconscience and... she woke up when the clonetrooper ran to meet her.

13. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    The biggest problem withn this forum is people who think they own StarWars because they don't see any faults or have been posting here for years....the reason people see the faults is becuase they are passionate....they care about the films and want them to be the best they can be..We are all StarWars fans and we all care

Who do you think is more passionate about StarWars...Ewan McGregor or Nathalie Portman?

Ewan is the one who has come out publically and criticised the filma and it's because he cares...he wants it to be just right

14. BoboliFett

Mar 24, 2002
    Great post Vodstok, the problem is its tough to tell who's a troll sometimes.

Sometimes you think it's a normal person because you can't smell that foul troll smell through the computer right away.

So they trick you... then they lure you in and eat you! Then they grind your bones into powder!

Jeez, trolls are scary.

But yea guys lets try not to feed the demon. Let's let sleeping trolls lie.

15. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    RichieSm: Typical basher logic. :p

16. BoboliFett

Mar 24, 2002
    Ewan is the one who has come out publically and criticised the filma and it's because he cares...he wants it to be just right

Just cuz your a star and a celeb doesnt mean your right all the time.

I just saw him on TV talking about it like an hour ago and he said that Ep.I had alot of exposition to get out of the way, it was defining the world.

He said ep.2 was great.

Dont believe the anti-hype, episode I was good and so is 2.

Dont assume the worst when you watch the movie... dont assume something is bad with out trying to understand it... dont be negative!

17. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    Man!
    I love star wars and AOTC and I think it's crazy that people should start saying that any of us don't simply because we disagree with you on certain issues.

We have on opinion, you have another, isn't that why we're on the boards discussing it?

If you don't agree with us, sorry, but no one is deliberately trying to offend anyone else here, just putting across a point of view.

18. Skoal2525

Skoal2525 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    I've seen the same thing happen in the NFL. A receiver would just get blind-sided from nowhere by a safey. You see the wide receiver motionless on the ground for a few seconds. I'm thinking that guy's just been broken in two, and the next thing you know he jumps up and runs off to the huddle. That kind of performance just ruins football for me.

19. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    At least Ewan has an opinion....I'm sure some of the actors don't care

The best news is that Ewan and Hayden really care and it comes out in their performances....should be good for Episode3

20. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Yeah, lets all stop the bitching. Natalie Portman is so sweet, who care if her acting talent lets her down in one scene. If you ask me, and I totally accept that I'm an immature bloke, Natalie made up for that scene in the Spaceship on tatooine. Must have been cold on that desert schorched planet ;)

21. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Maybe I'll be able to ignore this scene on the DVD but I doubt it...you steel yourself for it but it still kicks you in the delicates

On another note..do you think Sam Jackson ever got into a sports team at school...he has to be one of the most uncoordinated people I've ever seen....runs like a girl

FLAME!!!

22. Vodstok

Vodstok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    I know what your saying about the football game!
    I don't know how many matches I ruined for people by doing the same thing when I was in wrestling in High school. It was just unfair to the people watching to recover that quickly, really.

23. ROC_Hard

ROC_Hard Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    that spaceship scene made me rock hard. It's true.

the only thing i've noticed in that dune scene is..is that clone trooper computer generated..??
    maybe i'm a bit paranoid.

24. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    There is nothing wrong with that scene, nor with Natalie Portman.

A reason or the reason for Padme's actions and dialogue in that scene may have been that she was trying to cover up her pain for the morale of the troopers. She is a leader and the leader can't let the troopers see the leader in pain. It may lower their morale, their confidence, their hope, their resolve.

25. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Skott....you're mad!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.