main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Scene in History - Padme recovery from Cruiser Fall

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RichieSm, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    It was a little funny. But the hyperbole in this thread is fairly amazing. She got up too quickly! The movie is ruined! History's been made! Oh, the humanity!

I wonder what happens to some people when they actually see really bad movies, or when a bad scene is actually important to the movie and lasts more than 6 seconds. Must be really rough for them.

2. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    This is a very important film in what is the most famous and popular series of films in history - not an episode of Sunset Beach...you're not supposed to laugh out loud at the bad acting...especially at teh climax of the movie.....simple as that

3. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    k... its just a scene. does it matter to me? No. I don't think anyone should be crying over a scene just because it was bad. I thought it was kind of cool. But hey-its just a scene. The Whole movie Rocked!!!

EDIT: Get Over It.

4. starexplorer2001

starexplorer2001 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    the kiss on the cheek in the arena was far worse. every time I see that I giggle and cringe at the same time. what is this 90210?

5. Darth-Murder

Darth-Murder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    The Sith Lord Darth Murder agrees blackheartedly with the author of the post. The scene is very, very bad. I understand why it's there: to explain how Padmé came to the hangar where the Jedi and Count Dooku had their boring lightsaber duels.
    It could have been made so much better.

6. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    The crowds I've seen the film with never chuckled at this part. It does seem a bit odd to have her pop up like nothing happened but I can't see how this scene could ruin the movie for anyone. There's other scenes which are more distracting than this but none so much as to be so negative about the whole film.

7. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    the kiss on the cheek in the arena was far worse.

Awww c'mon, that was sweet! Padme [face_love]

8. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    > the kiss on the cheek in the arena was far worse. every time I see that I giggle and cringe at the same time.

Is that what you thought when Leia kissed Han in a similar fashion.

> what is this 90210?

Wow, this should be renamed "The over-reactors thread". How do you people enjoy a movie ?!?! LOL !

9. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    ever watch a hockey game by any chance?

they do the exact same thing. one minute they'll be on the ground writhing in agony, the next second they get up and start skating again.

10. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    I agree with Sting here... good comparision. ;)

11. Darth_Overlord

Darth_Overlord Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I don't know about you, but every time I see that scene, I think of how ironic it is for Padme to be assisted by a clonetrooper when her daughter is constantly being shot at by them. I didn't notice the 1138, though. Where is it specifically?

12. markdil

markdil Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2002
    This scene didn't bother me at all. I just thought, "Oh, I guess she didn't get that injured" and let it go.

What DID bother me thought was the last split second of that scene where you see a CGI-Padme running through the sand. Worst SFX in the movie, way worse than Anakin's sheep-riding. She ran like Nicole Kidman.

13. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    CGI Padme ? Didn't see that.

Where do I download her ? Please post a link !!! :)

14. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    lol [face_laugh] She ran kind of funny...like. hehehe [face_laugh]

15. Su-Ron_Baal

Su-Ron_Baal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    "How can you visit a forum for 5 years, thats only been in existence since 1998?

//busted "

Oh look someone who thinks he's smart now.

Hey genious..ever occur to you he just didn't REGISTER till 1998..nah couldn't be that simple.

not as swift as you think you are now are ya?

Next time think.

I've been coming since about 2 months before TPM was released. But I didn't register until *gasp* last night.

going to bust me too?

//moron

16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Padme's springboard leap up from the sand after falling out a gunship buzzing along at perhaps a hundred miles an hour doesn't go nearly as far in ruining the movie as the fireside chat scene. That scene brought me the closest I've ever come to walking out of a Star Wars film.

17. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    That scene brought me the closest I've ever come to walking out of a Star Wars film.

I wish you had [face_plain]

18. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    OK, this thread started out bad and it's getting worse.

I shall rename it

"Worst Thread in History"

"I almost quit going to the message boards because of this thread !"

19. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
  20. RichieSm

RichieSm Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    This thread is not bad - it's just been diverted...my hope was that Lucasfilm might hear our legitimate complaints coupled with lots of other people telling them the scene stinks (I'm sure people laughed at the Premiere's) and then cut it from the DVD in Nov

21. racerx

racerx Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Umm, Su-Ron_Baal, before you call someone a moron, the point was the forum has only been around for five years. Think, McFly.

Anyway, back on topic, she fell into a pile of sand, got her bell rung, and got back up. Why is that so strange? Last time you fell somewhere, did you lie there writhing for an hour, or did you get up and dust yourself off?

For the record, not once in my three viewings has anyone laughed at this scene.

Plenty of chuckles at Anakin "boxing the Wookiee," though. :D

22. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    This must be caused by one of two things:

1.Either you've haven't seen many movies.

2.You have horrible taste, because it was far from the worst scene in history.

Either way, it's like complaining about Luke being totally dry after swimming with the dianoga...who cares?

23. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    the scene that ruins the movie for me is when. all the senators are in palpis office, and they say that they need to give emergency powers to him. and they say...
    "we need to give emergency powers to the supreme chancelor. But what senator would have the courage to propose such a radical ammendment. Only if senator Amidala were here." then palpi just looks at him and grunts, then they cut to jar jar.
    i hate that scene it's so bad they wy they say everything.

24. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    I thought Padme looked so funny the way she was running! But I don't think that ruined the movie for me.

25. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    To be honest, I think the main problem with that scene is that Natalie had nothing to react to. The Clone was CG...so there was nobody to play off of. It's fairly obvious that she is not as adept at acting with NOTHING as Ewan is.

I've seen the movie 4 times, and the only group that laughed at that scene were the hardcore fans at the 12AM showing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.