main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Scene in History - Padme recovery from Cruiser Fall

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RichieSm, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    This whole thread is incredibly stupid.

2. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Me either, unrealism. It doesn't matter, and it wasn't bad at all. I watched it very carefully during my 3rd viewing, and it looked fine to me. No-one's ever laughed about it at any screening I've been to. No-one's even mentioned it afterwards. I just don't see what's wrong with someone falling down, moaning when they HIT THE GROUND, then getting up again a little later and running off to continue the battle. What do you want her to do, die?!

3. HarpuaFSB

HarpuaFSB Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I remember reading the script and this scene was handled differently there.

Something like she falls out of the ship, OB1 and Anakin argue and OB1 points out of the ship and says something to the effect "Look Anakin, she's fine" and the shot is a far away shot of Clonetroopers helping her up.

I may be wrong about this, can anyone confirm or deny this?

It would have made the scene better.

However, I don't think it's that bad as some people posting in this thread make it out to be.

If that ruined the whole movie for you, whew, then I don't think you're really a SW fan at all ;)

4. HarpuaFSB

HarpuaFSB Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry for the bump folks but now I'm dyin' to have the above question answered but I don't want to start another thread ;)

5. Disco_Dooku

Disco_Dooku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    She lands, she rolls, she lays.........where's the dirt on her?

6. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Actually I think Obi-Wan said "Look, she's fine" in the novel, but can't quite remember.

7. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Pretty funny... someone thinks that is the worst part in history? LOL!

How about Luke falling 12,000 feet into a garbage disposal chute and surviving? ;)

RB

8. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I love STAR WARS. (BUT)

It was a very stupid scene.It ranks
    with the fart and burp jokes of the other
    films.

only a five year old minded fool would
    defend that scene.stupid,stupid,stupid.

9. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    It is a lame scene.

10. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    This thread is funny. [face_laugh]

I never say anything wrong with the scene, no one ever laughed at it during the three times I've seen it in theatres. It was only till I came on here that I saw the distaste for it. But I still think it's fine, not horrible at all. I actually liked the way Padme was giving the Clonetrooper orders and stuff. :)

11. Twiggymaul

Twiggymaul Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    You Guys are all wrong the worst/not so good scene in AOTC is when Anakin and Padme are in naboo at night with the fire behind them.

Right before Anakin says "From the moment I met you" rigth before there is like 1-2 seconds before that is like a little break that looks awful they should have started talking right away without looking away.

Padme looks funky walking after all she doesn't practice any sport

I.E she was a queen now a politician the kinda people that barely walk at all.

12. Mad_Ewok

Mad_Ewok Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2002
    I thought the scene was unintentionally hilarious (although I didn't burst out laughing). When I first saw it I thought she was badly injured because of the way she was groaning, but then she just leaps up, says she's okay, and jogs off. But it didn't ruin the movie for me. I don't know how a little 10 second scene could ruin an over 2 hour movie.

13. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    Anyone who tells other people how they must feel about something else is what I consider the least desireable kind of human being with which to hold a conversation.

In other words... I am very glad that I only have to deal with some of you in a text based reality. The self-righteousness sometimes reaches a level that rivals the sickness of the black plague.

RB

14. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    Oh, so you're allowed to tell us what we can't say but we can't tell you what to like? :p

Seriously though, it's pretty odd the way so many people are jumping on this scene and whining about it. She gets up after falling not all that far onto some dust or sand or something. Big deal!

15. Jedi3167

Jedi3167 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 1999
    The scene is pretty bad though.

I mean they should have just cut back to her being helped to walk by the Clonetrooper. That way she would have had something to do while delivering her lines and we wouldn't have seen her splayed out so awkwardly.

It was the only bad scene in the movie IMO.

16. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    I'm sorry Anakin... where exactly did I tell anyone what they can or cannot say?

Did I at any time say "Anyone who tells me how I should think is an idiot!"?

Nope... I just stated my opinion... that I have no like for people who tell others how to think.

RB

17. Bring_on_Aurra_Sing

Bring_on_Aurra_Sing Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    I thought it was cool. I liked how her clothes stayed clean. I wondered what ever happened to the scratch marks after the rat lion thing sliced her up. I like star wars.
    Padme is just a tough cookie.

18. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    141 posts on this inane thread , are we running out of topics or is this becoming another blue yoda thread ?

19. anakin_skywalker_sct

Apr 18, 2001
    "Anyone who tells other people how they must feel about something else is what I consider the least desireable kind of human being with which to hold a conversation.

In other words... I am very glad that I only have to deal with some of you in a text based reality. The self-righteousness sometimes reaches a level that rivals the sickness of the black plague. "

Sure sounds like you're ticked at people for telling you what to think, or for having common sense. But, as the little face suggested, I was kidding with you, no need to get so uppity and defensive. And aren't you being a little hypocritical, speaking in such a nasty tone to people for trying to say what they feel about something? I don't see why people don't like the scene, and tell them that, but some people don't like it. Conversely, I don't see why people like tea or coffee, and will say so, but they still drink it. So does this make me self-righteous and sickening to you?

20. CaptainXL

CaptainXL Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2001
    I remember reading about this seen in that internet script that was going around.

They were still near the main battle and the gunship attacks a gun implacement and then gets hit. Padme falls out. It then says clonetroopers surround her. Anakin sees this and then they see Dooku later.

I kind of liked this way but it would take away some of the tension of Anakin and Obi-wan argueing.

21. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I'm sorry I'm responding so late, but I thought I might point out something. It is not the scene that is so bad, but Portman's acting!

The scene is necessary to show you how she gets to the hanger, but how it is acted/directed is what makes it so "bad."
    I love the movie, and have seen it six times, but as I sit here typing, I cannot think of one well acted scene by Portman (and just because she is nice to look at does not make her performance any better.)

I take it back, at the end when the two get married and they kiss, she doesn't have any lines. I liked that scene! :D

22. augusto

Aug 6, 2001
    *sigh* This thread continues to be totally incoherent.

Now the directing is bad, and Portman's acting is horrible. Geez, this scene is like what 5 seconds or something ? Pleeeeease.

Why do I get the feeling that most wannabe directors on these boards couldn't even make a documentary about dog turds ?

23. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    I thought the scene was quite funny. Especially Natalie running idiotically with her legs touching her ass while the clonetrooper was walking casually. Me and my friends laughed at this part :)

24. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I don't have anything to say about this. I'm just following the Fett guys around.

WHOA...I just saw that Jango icon!

25. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Dog turds would probably give a better performance than Portman!

Maybe I shouldn't have put the "acting/directing" part in, but just acting.
    By no means would I want to change anything about the Star Wars films. They are GL's and I love them the way they are. WHAT I AM POINTING OUT IS that Portman does not give the best performance she could.

I also would like to apologize for anything I might have said, this is my first day as a registered member (is that what we're called?) But I thought these forums were meant for these kinds of discussions! My bad. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.