main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Scene in the Original Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Ford-Prefect, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Freaking double post

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah well, at least most ppl agreed with what I said. The meeting sucked.

3. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Very. Slow. Droids. Walking. Around. Tatooine. Slowly.

Let's face it, it's not a Star Wars film unless there is a SLOOOOW boring bit.

It's like James Bond in that respect.

UKS

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    The Rebel Briefing scene in ROTJ. It's very importaint in setting up the plot of what the Rebels are going to do, but IMO, I though the acting was the worst in any sequence in the SW films. The dialogue is also kind of cheesy and corny and delivered badly.

To turn the tides and go to a scene that wasn't really bad but a scene that I'm very dissapointed with, that would have to the scene where Luke enters Leia's prison cell and rescues her. Why? Because Leia just lost her entire home planet. Her father, her "mother", her family, her friends. Her entire home. All gone. Billions dead. She is also scheduled to be terminated, and the Rebels, whom she is desperately trying to save, might not get the information they need and could soon be wiped out. Does she shed a tear? Does she look sad? Is her face red from crying previously? No. She acts as if everything is peechy. I was always dissapointed with that scene.

5. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    The Battle of Endor absolutely sucked. It was FUBAR. Why? The most craptacular editing in a SW film.

It goes a little like this:

Ground
    Space
    DS2 Fight
    Spa-
    Ground
    Ground
    Ground
    Space
    Vader's Redemtio--
    Space

End

They could've fixed this by balancing out all the fights. I mean there's a brief clip of an epic space battle, then lots of the ground battle. Which sucked. I mean,they made made Stormtroopers looklike losers. You could probably kill one with a pencil. And another thing: I HATE EWOKS. It's times like this you actually WANT the bad guy to win. Also, after Luke has his first/last conversation with his dad, the sad atmosphere is ruined when it abruptly cuts to the space battle inside the DSII.

Worst. Editing. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.