main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Star Wars video game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SteveMcgrath, May 12, 2014.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Star Wars The Force Unleashed II. It completely discarded and destroyed the descent story of The Force Unleashed. It was simply created to gain more revenue. :rolleyes:

2. drunken hutt

drunken hutt Jedi Padawan

May 22, 2014
    Like many others have said, the worst Star Wars game I've played is TFU2. The inclusion of Yoda and Boba Fett were attempts to gain a quick buck from fans who gleamed at the thought of beloved ESB characters making an appearance. Instead, their roles ended up being offensively shallow and they made little contribution to the story.

To add insult to injury the story's length was ridiculously short and poorly written, a general view scriptwriter Hayden Blackman should be ashamed of.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    HArd to say. Probably Battlefront or Battlefront II.

4. drunken hutt

May 22, 2014
    Really? Many fans (including myself) would consider those to be some of the more enjoyable Star Wars games. How many Star Wars games have you played?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    haha.

I started playing SW games properly with Rebel Assault.

So, in my view, the best games are: Dark Forces I and II. X-Wing. X-Wing v TIE Fighter. TIE Fighter. X-Wing Alliance. Rebellion. Force Commander (difficult at first but masterful as you got across it). The first Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire on N64. Hell, even Episode I podracer (and I didn't mind the Episode I game). But since then, with KOTOR, KOTOR II and TOR being notable exceptions), ever single Star Wars game has been gobsmackingly **** in my view. Battlefront is made worse by the comparisons to those other Call of Medal of Battlefield games, which have an ideal IQ range per player of 7; and that every fan needs to start a new thread about the goddam game.

So, even though Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy destroyed the importance of Jedi Knight's story and characterisation by pandering to the prequel retards; and even though the Farce Unleashed was stupidity with epic scale, Battlefront is perhaps my most hated of all the games because a) FPS = the lowest common denominator of game and b) the fans.

6. drunken hutt

May 22, 2014
    Right, so, anyone who even remotely enjoys the prequels is mentally challenged (I.e. retarded)? Your abuse puts your reasoning into question.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What do you think about Halo, Ender Sai?

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Yes. It's factual, and science.

Zeta1127, it's another one I just don't care for. Along with COD, MoH etc.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    But is it just because they are shooters or is there something more to it?

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    This. /thread.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Crashed often on both PC and PlayStation versions.

12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

Lucky. That means you avoided hearing the awful Natalie Portman impersonation.

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Can you describe the awful impersonation?

14. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    I actually liked the FU2. It was too short, and to this day I think they got behind and released half a game. But there is something cool about wielding two black lightsabers and decapitating an entire squad of stormtroopers with one saber throw.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. LordDlow

LordDlow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    FU2 was a clear sign of "let's cash in quick, send a game that's only 2/3 of the complete..... But street it anyway"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Masters of Teras Kasi is what people are saying, but I didn't play that one. Never even heard of it until now. :p

But also, the Episode III game had multiplayer that was like a fighting game. I enjoyed the gameplay merely for how the battles looked and the stringing combos against waves of stupid AI. It looked pretty, is what I mean. Then multiplayer itself had a clever element to it, the players would have unique dialogue with one another, for example; General Grievous would taunt Vader about also being robotic. Other than that the overall game was... Bad.

Though the worst SW game I've ever played would have to be Ep II for GBA....

Life likes this.
  17. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    ...wow, no one has mentioned it yet?

[​IMG]

Hm, it should have worked, as its basically Star Wars Kart. But, in my opinion, it just didn't. Pod Racer did it so much better; I spent endless hours on my n64 with it. This? I loaded it up a few times, and never touched it again. Power Battles? I had a lot of fun with that, even if it got panned. AotC Gameboy? Beat it and rather enjoyed it. So on, and so forth. But this? Ugh.​

18. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005

Do you have a recording of the fight dialogue from Ep III?

19. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Episode 1 Racer was actually a very good game, Star Wars aside. One of the few games that I rented multiple times. Mars Guo was my favorite.

20. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Was he the only one who didn't have the 'horse and chariot' design?

21. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Nah, his was pretty standard. Engines like Sebulba and Ody Mandrell, though slightly smaller, but he just looked boss:

[​IMG]

22. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    Star Wars Kinect, just for those bad dance sequences. Nuff said.

23. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    B-but, he's Solo. He's Han Solo...!

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That is so bad.

25. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, but I have to admit, while I don't own Kinect to bother getting the game, and it does make me wince, I can't help but grin like a idiot while watching these dance segments. I mean, Lobot as the DJ? Vader and the Emperor dancing in the DS2 throne room? It's so bad, it actually creates an anomaly that makes it fun to watch. It's going to be something we can have fun with as a community for decades, a message not to take ourselves too seriously.

Where as certain games have just been terrible in the way they make you sad that you paid money for them, and you never touch them again.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Life like this.