main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worth Buying? Wario World & new Castlevania

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Wario World for GC. It is a renter or should I buy it. It's at Blockbuster, pre-played for $35.

Has anyone played the new Castlevania game for PS2? It looks like Devil May Cry. I know a lot of people who like Devil, but I want to know if Castlevania is good cause I want to get it, but the 3D Castlevania for N64 flopped.

Help me out people. Thoughts?

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    i hear the castlevania game is very good.

check out ign's review of it.

ps2.ign.com

3. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    Since its 3D, I have my doubts about the new Castlevania game. Castlevania 64 anyone? Or how about Castlevania Ressurection for Dreamcast, which never ever saw the light of day.

4. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Some games, should never change.

Castlevania will never look right to me unless it keeps the format it started with. Symphony of the Night will forever be one of my favorite games.

5. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    Yup. They'll never be able to top Symphony or Rondo of Blood with a 3d game.

6. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Rent Wario World. It's beatable in one day, and has no significant replay value.

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been hearing similar things about Wario World. That's it just a renter.

Has anyone played the new Castlevania for PS2? If so, tell us your opinion on it. Thanks.

8. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd be interested in hearing too. But I'm only going to rent it.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone? No? Just Star Wars games?

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Castlevania 64 required you---get ready for this---to have a $50 memory card accessory just to be able to save your game progress. Even the very first Zelda game, one-dimensional as it was, could save your game progress.

Needless to say, it was return to the store next morning. The game packaging warned nothing of this. That game was developed by criminal fools.

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    The new CastleVania is getting really good reviews. Too bad I don't have a PS2. Hopefully it will be ported elsewhere.

12. The_Porridge_Boy

The_Porridge_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2001
    Aparrently Castlevania is very good to play. Some replay value via a secret character and the camera is much better than the N64 versions. Some of the camera is shoddy when it comes to looking up ( you have to jump sometimes to see hidden ledges) but that's basically it.

However some things are that the grapics aren't totally up to par compared to other PS2 games and it's kinda short. 10 hours if you move as fast as you can. Plus at times some of the scenary get's repetitive.

Wario World, heard that it's a renter...that's all.

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Castlevania: Lament of Innocence is fantastic. The only real complaint I had was the monotonous level design, but all Castlevania games have repeated areas. Other than that, I think it's up there with the better titles in the series. And the music is just simply amazing. I beat it in 11 hours and 30 minutes, which is a great length for a Castlevania game.

edit: yeah, Porridge Boy, don't forget that Castlevania games started as level based games which took less than 2 hours to beat... these games have never been that long. So in comparison, 10 hours is very LONG for a Castlevania game.

14. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    My main complaint about the new Castlevania game is: It doesn't seem like it is a Castlevania game. It seems like it is an installment to Devil May Cry, or some game that uses a similar engine. Sure, the main character has a whip, and you can get alternate weapons like holy water, knives, and an axe, but it never quite feels right as part of the CV series. I think SOTN may have been the pinnacle of the series, in terms of it "feeling" like a part of it.

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't bad, it just seems out of place in the Castlevania family.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    *shrug* I thought SotN was one of the biggest departures from the series. It's a great game, but it was vastly different than the previous games. If anything, Lament of Innocence goes back to the standard straightforward action elements of the originals.

But to each his own. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.