main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Worth Fighting For- Anakin-AU - COMPLETE-07/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Title Worth Fighting For

Author obi_ew

Summary Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker finds himself in a life and death struggle with a cold blooded killer.A killer who stole someone special to him.

Genre Very AU

Characters Anakin and Obi-Wan

Disclaimer I do not own or make any money off of these characters.They belong to Lucas and Wolverton and Watson.

Authors note My Anakin also appears in two of my other fics The Face Inside and Standing on Broken Dreams . It's not necessary to have read those although some characters and events will be mentioned from them.

Special thanks As always goes to the best band around Linkin Park for inspiring yet another fic title with their lyrics and my bad guys name! :D

No idea how often this will be updated! :eek:

CHAPTER ONE

Jedi Knight Tru Veld pushed his way through the mass of bodies that were packed uncomfortably close together in the cantina. A native of the planet Teevan, his tall flexible body made it easier for him to slip his way in between the crush of divergent beings.

Finally making it to the bar, he ordered a drink before turning to scan the place. The noise in the cantina was a deafening mixture of blaring music, raucous laughter and an occasional breaking table or glass as a fight broke out.

Squinting through the cloying smoke that hung like a noxious cloud in the air, he spotted a familiar figure across the room. A grin curved the edges of his mouth as he noted the three nubile Twi?lek dancers who clung to the individual seated in a slumped manner. Shaking his head, Tru once again moved into the crowd.

Arriving directly in front of the table, he stood in silence and merely waited for the man to acknowledge him. It only took an instant before the individuals head lifted and a pair of bright intelligent eyes met his. A wide delighted smile split the tanned handsome face as the man nimbly jumped to his feet and hurried forward to catch him up in a tight hug.

"Tru!" a deep voice greeted him.

Chuckling, the Jedi Knight slapped the other man on the broad back.

"Ani! Long time no see my friend!" he said warmly.

Pulling back, Anakin Skywalker studied his friend intently, a blond eyebrow lifting as his gaze traveled over his Temple buddy.

"Nice threads Tru. Has the Council changed the dress code without sending out a memo?" he asked curiously.

Rolling his slanted silver eyes, Tru glanced down at his attire.

"You don?t care for the leather look?" he inquired teasingly.

Anakin snorted before gesturing toward the chair across from him,before turning a charming smile on the women.

"Ladies I hope you don?t mind but my friend and I have alot of catching up to do," he told them.

Pouting,they each gave him a lingering kiss as they moved away with obvious reluctance. Noticing the look his friend was giving him, Anakin shrugged innocently.

"They thought I looked bored,"he defended himself.

"I see," Tru replied. "I wonder what Senator Amidala would have to say about that little display."

Flushing brightly, Anakin quickly changed the subject.

"So what are you doing on this hell hole planet?" he asked as he took a drink.

Leaning back, Tru sighed heavily.

"I?m undercover trying to catch up with a local crime lord.I?ve been on the guys trail for weeks but he always seems to be one step ahead of me," he admitted with frustration.

Anakin set his glass down and frowned worriedly.

"You?re not talking about Shinoda are you?" he asked.

Tru didn?t try to conceal his surprise. "You?ve heard of him?"

His friend laughed dryly as he sent him a disbelieving look.

"Everybody has heard of him Tru! He?s got a wicked reputation," Anakin replied.

"Well, whatever you?ve heard is most likely true.He?s got his hands in it all and it?s all highly illegal.I?ve traced a weapon and drug smuggling ring back to him.Now all I have to do is prove that he is selling Force sensitive children as slave laborers," he informed hi

2. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_shocked] Yikes, that started off with a bang! (no pun intended)

:_| Is Ani's friend really dead? :(

Is this based in the same universe as Face and Dreams? Jivan's a Xanitot and all that? :confused:

So excited you're writing a whole new story! :D

More more more!!! :)

3. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    HHP Yikes! It looks like it may be just you and me kid! :D This takes place between Face and Dreams .Obi-Wan will show up often and Jivan I'm sure will make a few appearances but the majority of the fic will be Anakin. ;)

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    YA! ALL ANI FIC! LOL! [face_blush] WHAT! I LOVE ANI! HEHEHEHE!!! AND OBI!!!!! GREAT STORY!!!!!!!

5. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **stares in shock at post**

Um...Obi_ew...I dont think you are suppose to kill some that important right of the bat ya know..

THAT WAS EVIL MY FRIEND!!!

I cant wait to read more..keep up the good work..

PT

6. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm here,too!
    I was just too busy tolook through the fics before now.

I guess that when Ani reports his friends death to the Counsil, he will have to take over the mision.

That will be emotional hard on him.

Vadey

7. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    You don't know how often you'll update this, hmm? Well, maybe I can give some incentive.

Post! This is the best new thing I've read in a while! :p

tf

8. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    I think that was pretty cool. Wonder how the ship blew.

9. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Well I just come here for my Obi Fix :p
    Serious It looks really good. What an oppning scen. Two friends meeting and then that. [face_love]

10. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Glad you started posting your new Anakin fic. That first post was awesome, except for the fact that I liked Tru and he is gone already. :(

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for the lovely Ani you have created in your other fics. :)

11. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    tsk tsk, killing them off already? can't wait for more. love the xani-verse!

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    This is the best new thing I've read in a long time!! One question is Anakin secretly married to Padme in this fic or what?!

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    dp2002 You better not miss an Ani fic! :D

PT Decided to start the melee early in this one! ;)

Vadey You could be right! :D

TheFallen A new face at one of my fics! Welcome! Glad you think the start was good,hope you stick around! [face_blush]

Darth_Vader Another new face! :) Thanks!

Aquas How about an Ani fix? :p

Sheila Sorry about Tru! :( I liked him too.

froggy I couldn't resist! [face_laugh]

JDH3 Welcome! :) Anakin and Padme in my universe have a kinda unspoken long distance relationship,but no they aren't married.

Thanks to all of my regular faithful readers for giving Anakin a shot! [face_love] I promise I will try to keep him on the non Bratakin path!I also appreciate all the new faces!Hope I can keep you coming back! :D

CHAPTER TWO

Lowering his micro-binoculars, the hooded figure chuckled with glee. That was one problem out of the way! The Jedi had been too clever, uncovering information that he had believed to be well hidden. Alot of money was at stake and his clients had begun getting nervous, going back on deals they had originally agreed to. With the Jedi out of the way, his next shipment could go ahead as scheduled.

Spinning around, he hopped onto his swoop bike and made his way back to his hidden base.He briefly felt a flare of anger toward the Jedi for sending a green rookie after him. It hadn?t been difficult to trip the young knight up and blow his cover.Perhaps next time they would send a seasoned warrior who could offer him more of a challenge. A guard quickly relieved him of the machine as he strode toward his office. The young assistant he had only recently hired looked up from her datapad as he swept into the room.

"Well? Were you successful?" she asked sharply.

Fighting back a grin at her disrespectful tone, he sat down on the edge of her desk and eyed her with what passed for affection from him.

"The Jedi is no more," he assured her.

A wide chilling smile lit up her face at his words.

"I wish I could have seen it!" she exclaimed.

Shinoda studied the young woman in silence for a moment. Her name was Lilith,and she claimed to be his half sister. Knowing what he did of his late mother it wasn?t difficult to believe.Twenty-five standard years old, she had the face of an angel with huge blue eyes and long blonde ringlets. The beautiful tiny doll like image was all a screen for what truly lived under the surface.

Lilith was one of the most cold blooded people he had ever met,and he had met alot.Her thirst for power was overshadowed only by her unquenchable strive to inflict pain on those she found to be weaker,and her hatred of the Jedi.She like him, envied the Jedi the powers they wielded and loathed their monastic codes. They found it to be a tragedy that such incredible strength was wasted on the sanctimonious Jedi Order.

"So we can proceed with the next shipment?" she asked hopefully.

Smiling cooly, Shinoda reached over and brushed a finger down one smooth cheek.

"Who?s to stop us now?" he inquired.

Something seemed to shift in her cold eyes as she lowered her long eyelashes demurely.

"I?ve been thinking Shi," she began softly. "I?d like to pick one for my own personal use out of the next batch.?

He pulled back slightly and eyed her in surprise.

"You want a Jedi slave?" he asked.

Nodding, she peered up at him from under her lashes.

"A pretty little boy Jedi I think," she mused.

Shrugging, he snatched the datapad from her hand and quickly browsed over the information on it.

"Do what you wish. I?m more concerned about finding a new bodyguard. It?s a shame that damn Jedi managed to kill the last one. I?d grown rather fond of the big lug," he said mournfully.

Letting out a very unladylike snort, Lilith reclaimed the datapad.

"I?ll start asking around. Do you want to sit in on the interviews?" she asked.

Shinoda waved a hand at her as he started for his office.

"I trust you to find a capable replacement. Just make sure you h

14. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Ewwww, who let the slime in? Very chilling adversaries you have conjured up for this story oe. [face_plain]

15. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    SPOOOOOKYSPOOKYSPOOKYSPOOKY!!!!!!! MOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMORE! Sorry. Just LOVE doing that!

16. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

What a start, obi-ew!!

These bad guys are really....well....bad!!!

This Lilith really sends a chill up my spine...

Great work, can't wait to see where this goes!!

:)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This has certainly been an explosive fic so far. Sorry to see that Tru got killed and they are taking Jedi slaves. Oh, dear.
    I hope that you will treat Anakin with some intellegence. He does have good qualities....

Looking forward to the next post.

18. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I apologize for not responding to this earlier. I was out the night of the 9th and it appears that everything happened then.

Anyways, quite an exciting start. And I truly don't mind Anakin, at least when he's not little and annoying, so this should be good!!

_PSK_

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Thanks for the PM. I think this is your best start to date. The characters are riveting!

20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yikes! Quite some characters you've created here. They are, well, evil! Wouldn't want to run into either of 'em in a dark alley. Or any type of alley, for that matter. 8-}

21. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Um wow...

Very evil people you have here my friend.

Why do I get the feeling that either Ani will be the body gaurd...Ji will be the slave boy...and Obi will be coming in at some point to rescue Ji not knowing Ani is there and all hell breaks lose?

Cant wait to read more..

Keep up the good work..

PT

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What are you, nuts? :D

Another story? Geez, I've got one on my own and one with you, and I can barely keep myself afloat. How you, LE and CYN do it is totally beyond me.

But anyways, the posts! I'm always open to seeing Anakin presented in a good light. Unlike most people here, I don't think of him as being evil right from the beginning, even if he was somewhat of a brat. And the Anakin you've created in your version of the GFFA is wonderful! Your villains are great - is the boy they're after, perhaps Jivan? Hmm...

Great work, OE! Will enjoy this one as much as everything else you write!

Shaindl

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila They are rather creepy aren't they? :eek:

dp2002 I enjoy the encouragement! :D

astro Glad you like so far! :)

dianethx I can assure you that my Anakin in no way resembles most Anakin's. ;) Lovely to see you at another of my fics! :)

PS Good! He certainly isn't little and I hope not annoying! ;)

PK [face_blush] Thank you my lady!

HHP I wouldn't either! [face_plain]

PT Maybe I'm becoming too predictable in my old age! :(

Shaindl Yup! I've completely lost it! I'm nervous about trying this all Ani fic but also excited! Cross your fingers and toes! :p

CHAPTER THREE

Obi-Wan met the downward swing easily and countered with a series of quick side to side sweeps of his blade. His opponents eyes narrowed to mere slits as he tried to predict what the Jedi Master's next move would be.Pulling back and lowering his sabre,Obi-Wan fought back a grin at the look of intense concentration on the boy's face.

"Jivan relax.You're trying too hard," he instructed in a gentle voice.

Flushing underneath his brown skin, the nine year old bowed.

"Forgive me Master," his padawan said quietly.

Seeing the embarrassment that shone in the sapphire eyes, Obi-Wan reached out and ruffled the boy's newly spiked ebony hair.

"That's enough for today Ji.You did well," he assured him.

A wide grin lit up the boys alluring face at his words.

"Excuse me Master Obi-Wan."

Turning at the sound of the hesitant voice, Obi-Wan found a young initiate standing nearby.

"What is it Lyam?" he asked.

The boy glanced worriedly at Jivan before speaking.

"The Council would like to see you right away.Master Yoda said to tell you that it concerns Knight Skywalker," he explained.

A chill traveled through Obi-Wan's body at his words.

"Thank you Lyam.Tell them I will be there directly," he instructed the boy.

As Lyam bowed and left, Obi-Wan turned to find his new apprentice watching him with a worried look on his face.It was no secret that Jivan adored and worshipped Anakin.Over the four years since the boy had come to the Temple, the two had developed a close friendship.

"You're free for the rest of the day Padawan," he said as he reclipped his lightsabre and gathered his things.

"Master,is Anakin allright?" Jivan asked.

Smiling faintly,Obi-Wan gently tugged on the boys stubby braid.

"I'm sure he is fine Padawan.As soon as I'm through with the Council I'll come and fill you in," he promised.

Returning the smile,Jivan bowed and bounded out of the room with his usual exuberance.Obi-Wan's own smile faded as he quickly strode toward the Council room,his face creased into concerned lines.Arriving in the waiting area, the padawan on duty opened the door for him the instant he saw him which only increased Obi-Wan's anxiety.

He spotted the tall figure that stood slightly off to the side immediately. Bowing, he straightened to find the Council members studying him with sombre expressions on their faces. His gaze sought out Master Yoda's, but the Jedi Master's head was bent as if a great burden weighed him down.It was Master Windu who finally addressed him.

"Thank you for responding so quickly Obi-Wan.I'm afraid we have some upsetting news," he said solemnly. "Knight Veld was killed yesterday while on a mission."

Obi-Wan's breath caught in his throat at the quietly spoken words,his gaze swinging toward the silent figure nearby.

"Anakin was with him when it happened," Mace finished sadly.

Struggling not to allow his own grief to consume him, Obi-Wan centered his attention on his former padawan.Well over six feet,his body heavily muscled,it was often times easy to forget that Anakin was only twenty three standard years of age.He had in fact only been knighted two years prior.

Currently the young man stood perfectly still,his head bowed forward.He had allowed his dark blond hair to grow out and it fell to brush the tops of his broad shoulders,concealing his face from them.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan breathed in

24. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aww... (saying that a lot today on your fics, aren't I?) :D

Oh, poor Anakin! But I'm looking forward to the mush that this post promises. Lovely as always, OE!

Shaindl

25. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    poor ani. glad obi is there for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.