main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Worth Fighting For- Anakin-AU - COMPLETE-07/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    if they dont want to be considered the enemy, they should not act like the enemy

2. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    "In what way Master? By retrieving the children safely before they could be sold as chattel? Or was it when I rescued my nine year old padawan from a lunatic that had him chained like a pet?" Obi-Wan demanded.

Yeah, you tell it to 'em, Obi!!

Very ominous, Yoda's words are. Referring to Face Inside or Dreams is he, or something else, hmmm?

3. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    I really dont like the council.

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Aquas True. ;)

Ani_dala Wait is over! :D

Thalia I was wondering what was up with you! :D

DL6669 I like a dash of spice with my Obi also! [face_love]

Shaindl Plot bunnies are always welcome! :)

JadeSolo So sure are you? ;)

dp Fraid so. :(

PT Hum....... [face_plain]

Sheila I'm glad you like him! :)

diane Qui wasn't all bad! :D

froggy Amen! [face_laugh]

HHP Somewhere? Oh! You said something! [face_devil]

Well, here it is! I did warn you about its high sugar contents didn't I? :p I was thrilled to find Anakin drew so many readers, I truly wasn't sure in the beginning. I met alot of new faces that I hope to see at Somewhere and any other fics I may write in the future. :) To my regular group, you guys are the best! [face_love] I love putting out stuff my readers enjoy, hope I can bring the series together and tie up any loose ends in the other fic. Thanks! :)

I'm actually not depressed like I normally am at the end of a fic. Must be because it feels like it's continuing on in the other story. Interesting! :p

EPILOGUE

The Gardens were peacefully quiet this early in the morning, most Jedi were just waking, or readying themselves for the day ahead. These rare moments of solitude were to be cherished whenever they happened to come along. A good time to contemplate the choices made and find ones center.

The soft whir of the ceiling fans echoed in the still air, sending out a cool wash of man made wind that stirred the leaves and branches of the trees and grass. Bright light sparkled off of the pond, making the air around it look like stained glass.

Obi-Wan Kenobi sat on a marble bench in the little niche he had claimed as his own years ago. Breathing deeply, he tilted his face up toward the warm lights that sat in the domed ceiling, a small content half smile curving his lips.

Life it seemed had never been more satisfying then it was at this exact moment in time. He was confident and comfortable in his skin, wearing the cloak of a master with relative ease. A feat that he doubted possible early on in his partnership with Anakin.

He was nearly bursting with pride at the man Anakin had grown to be, a very un Jedi like sentiment to be sure, but there it was. Jivan was a bright spark of life, certain to provide many years of laughter and learning in the future. A link to the past, but even more, a new beginning.

Closing his eyes, Obi-Wan allowed the Force to move through him and guide him toward the placid pool that called to him. The place he retreated to in order to restore and strengthen his connection.

His solitude was abruptly disrupted by a high pitched scream of delight, followed shortly after by a bout of loud infectious giggles.

" Master! Help!"

The cry lacked any real fear, but rather barely contained jubilation. Sighing ,he opened his eyes only to wish he had ignored the plea for help.

Anakin stood by the edge of the pond, his hands wrapped around Jivan?s ankles, the boy dangling head first over the still waters. The young knight?s eyes met his, the blue orbs filled with love and laughter. Shaking his head at the wink and wide grin Anakin sent his way, Obi-Wan pasted a mock scowl on his face.

"Anakin, you know I hate it when you do that! Put him down!" The Jedi Master scolded his former apprentice.

"As you wish Master." Anakin replied obediently, but with a wicked grin.

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened in dismay as Anakin began to swing Jivan out over the waters, the laughter escalating into protesting shrieks.

"Anakin! If you toss him in there, not only will you be responsible for nursing him through the cold he is sure to get, but I will leave it to you to explain to Master Yoda what happened to scare his prized kolo fish to death!" Obi-Wan threatened with narrowed eyes.

Sighing loudly, Anakin brought the boy?s motion to a halt and gently set him right side up. Off balance and more then a little dizzy from the rush of blood to his head, J

5. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    MAGNIFICENT! FANTASTIC! BRAVO!

ENCORE!

Oh. Right. Somewhere. :D

Wonderful ending, OE! That moment between the three of them was so sweet (didn't rot my teeth at all) and that last little bit was so foreboding (even if I do have an inkling of what's to come). You're an amazing author and it's such an honour to write with you on Lost.

Cheers to another great fic ended, to the one in progress and to many, many, many more to come. :)

Shaindl

6. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Perfect ending except for the dark cloacked person, how sweet of Obi-Wan and how cute man this was an awesome, adorable, chilling, suspensic, cool, fun, nice storie, it was awesome, thaank you for this storie, it rocked. :) :D ;) :cool:

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Gee, I wonder who that was at the very end? ;) That was a bit ominous!

Excellant ending to a wonderful story! All's right in the Star Wars universe for now, at least as far as our heros are concerned. Good. They deserve a break after what you just put them through!

As I've said, I'll definatly be following Somewhere, and any others you decide to do!

--later--

8. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    "Enough you two! I?m getting too old for this!"

Exchanging a knowing smirk, Anakin and Jivan each grabbed one of his hands and
    began to pull him toward the Garden exit.

"Feed us Master!" They ordered in perfect harmony, their chatter a soothing balm
    to Obi-Wan?s ears.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS BETTER THAN ANI/OBI ANGST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! WUT AM I SAYING?!?!?! I MUST BE WACKED OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, I'm not! It was better than Ani/Obi angst! I can't believe it's over! Hmm...............I think I hear someone calling you, o_e! It's saying, "Come! Write a sequel to this! Hurry! Before diamond_pony2002 explodes!

9. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002

Nice transition to Somewhere. Don`t
    now why but that gave me goose flesh.

Once again the end was just amazing.
    I do love this serie and eagerly wating on
    whatever your next project are after you finish Somwhere. If you choose to continue.
    Hopes you do :)

10. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Nice open end leading to your other fic.

Are you still trying to tell me Xan didn't make himself an obitot? Well, at least his intention to do so was quite clear in the epilog.

Congrats on an other finished story of yours.
    [face_love] Vadey *goes back camping at the other fic, btw where is my promised company?

11. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    "One way or another, you will stand by my side little one," a deep husky voice promised.

ooooooooooohhhh, how absolutely perfect! great ending, kinda like lemonade, sweet, refreshing and a tangy bite at the end!

12. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Lovely ending, obi-ew, as always!!

:)

Brava!!

Perfect amount of sweetness, and a wonderful transition into the rest of the series!

Congrats on another great piece, and by now you must know you have a standing order for Obi and Xan shaped chocolates from me when you finish a fic!

;)

And here's a rose, too...

@---)--------

:)

13. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You were so worried about writing a story starring Anakin when you started this oe and it turned out beautifully. I loved the ending with the family moment between Obi-Wan and his padawans. I am so glad you already have the next story in the works or I would be depressed that this was ending. You have done a magnificent job with this series and I am so glad it is continuing. :)

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I KNEW IT! HE CLONED OBIWAN!

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *dances around* An Obitot AN Obitot :)

16. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Awww! What a wonderful ending to a great story! I think you've created a new Anakin fan club with this one. Congrats on finishing up yet another story ;) and thanks for sharing it! :D

And oooooooh, ending on an ominous note, eh? [face_shocked] 8-} Since you're just hinting and not giving answers, I'll just toss my thoughts out there. I've read wild rumors about an obitot [face_love], and I wonder if the object-in-the-box becomes of special interest in the future (or present?) One way or another, you will stand by my side little one," a deep husky voice promised. It seems that Mr. Dark Clothes has lost his ambitions, so the possible obitot wouldn't be of special interest any more, right? I'll wait enlightenment.

Again, great story! :)

17. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Fnatastic and foreboding ending. I loved it.

Nice lead on too.

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl [face_blush] Awwww!! Thanks!

Ani_dala Thank you for reading and the kind words! :)

DL6669 I'm thrilled I met a new friend and reader. [face_love]

dp Better then Ani/Obi mush? :eek:

Aquas Shaindl ( evil woman that she is ) has already planted another bunny revolving around this series! [face_devil]

Vadey Obi-tot? I'd like to have my very own! [face_love]

froggy :) You are too sweet!

astro Love the rose! :D

Sheila Thank you as always for boasting my ego! :D

JTJG Who did? :eek:

PK This strange fascination with obi-tots. ;)

HHP I have certainly developed a deeper appreciation for this character, one I never thought possible. [face_love]

darla I'm glad you enjoyed the fic. :)

19. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **runs in panting** I can't beleive I missed posting day AGAIN!!! Course, now I'm home.

That ending was so great! I just love how you turned them into one little happy family, it just makes things so much more cozy. And then I assume that it was Xani at the end? Excellent lead into your next story!

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia Better late then never! ;) The cozy little family has much angst ahead in the new fic! [face_devil]

21. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **hobbles in**

Sorry I am just now getting to this..got injuried at work and took the day off yesterday....

But love the story and its ending..now I must go and keep up on Somewhere...:)

PT

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    PT What are we going to do with you Missy?! Hum? :mad: Better start taking better care of yourself! :)

23. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    So, are you gonna write a sequel to this? It would be awesome if you did!

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I could have sworn I'd written a post telling you how much I enjoyed the story. But I've been having enormous trouble with the boards the last few days so I guess it didn't get through....

Looking forward to updates on your other fics and to new ones!!!

Great job.

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    dp Well technically Somewhere is a sequel of sorts. As was Standing on Broken Dreams. ;) My lovely co-writer Shaindl has already mentioned having the series continue with Ani and Shai out on missions.But that would be a ways off! :D

diane Boards have been very fruitty lately! I'm glad you have tried out my other fics and are enjoying my work! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.