main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Worth Saving (Kyp, Zekk, Alema, Jaina)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zonoma, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Title: Worth Saving@};- Best Romance, Winter 2005@};-
    Author: Zonoma
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Alema, Zekk, Kyp, San-Ah Ala, various cameos including Darkling Jacen (and I like him that way)
    Genre: Drama, Response to 'I Dare You' Challenge
    Timeframe: post TJK, AU
    Summary: Jaina and Zekk are now full Joiners, struggling to reassert themselves in the chaos following the events of TJK. Along the way they, and many others, rediscover what is truly Worth Saving.
    Author?s Notes: This was inspired by my 'Dare' partner, Lusa_Thul? So the plot is not given away, I will wait until the end of the last post to share her Dare. More fun that way, don?t you think?
    Disclaimers: I don't own Star Wars, so don't sue me! And San-Ah Ala is the property of my Master, Neo-Paladin, used with permission.

[u][b]Table of Contents:[/b][/u]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21530527&replies=6]Chapter 1: Cold Winds, Blow, pg 1 (Luke, Jaina, Zekk)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/21530527/p3]Chapter 2: Remembering a Friend, pg 3 (Jacen, Zekk, OC)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/21530527/p4]Chapter 3: For Jaina's Sake, pg 4 (Jacen, Kyp, Jaina)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/21530527/p7]Chapter 4: In the Heart of the Goddess, pg 7 (Kyp, Jaina)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/21530527/p8]Chapter 5: Going Forward, pg 8 (Zekk, OC)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21530527&brd=10477&start=23254891]Chapter 6: Til Death Do Us Part, pg 11 (Kyp, Jaina)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21530527&brd=10477&start=26340897]Chapter 7: When I wak'd, I cried to dream again.[/link]

[hr]

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Random/worthsaving1.jpg]
    [u][b]Chapter 1: Cold Winds, Blow[/b][/u]

I felt their approach to my office long before they even turned the corner and opened the inner doors for them. I had been anticipating their visit for no small while now but was unsure what their choice would be. I rather expected them to ask to leave together and never return, something I dearly hoped they would not do. I was about to find out, though.

I heard them enter and looked up to find Zekk and Jaina standing respectfully, stances alike, waiting for my acknowledgement. Nodding for them to sit, I asked what I might do for them. I put on my ?Master? face and waited for them to tell me what was troubling them. I didn?t have to wait long.

?We wish to leave.?

My heart sank as low as I thought it possibly could at Zekk?s statement. They had chosen then, and it took all of my Jedi training not to plead with my niece and her, well, and Zekk? something that I knew they would not understand in their current state.

?You are not a prisoner here. Why are you asking??

?We wish to leave the Order,? Jaina clarified.

I was wrong. [i] Now [/i]my heart was in my boots.

?We? As in Jaina Solo and Jedi Zekk? Or ?we? as in JainaTaat and ZekkTaat?? An unfair question, I know, but I needed to hear their reasoning. If it was as I feared, then there was no point in trying to stop them from leaving our lives forever, as painful as that would be. They merely shrugged.

?We are-?

?-what we are.?

?And why do ?we? wish to leave?? I pressed. They turned first to one another and then to me and I was careful to hide the shiver I felt at their movements that so precisely mirrored one another. Even now, a month after their return from Taat, they still moved as one. It was discouraging to watch these two slide further down that path even as the other J

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    1st reply? Am I first?

Yay.=D= first of all on your first official fic.

*Lola does stupid cabbage patch dance*

And of course I'm loving this story already. J/Z (sorry for those shippers) are going to have a tough time with the split.

Yay, Jaina's going to see Jag. Let's get them back on track shall we?

I wonder how Zekk and Alema will get along?

Will there be a Z/A romance? Or just some evil/good interaction.

And don't make Zekk fall to the dark side, ok? That's all I ask.

Great start Z.

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Very nice, Z. Jaina and Zekk really creeped me out, there. Is this J/Z, J/J or J/K? Just awondering is all.

4. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Lola,

1st reply? Am I first?
    I am so glad you are!
    Yay. applause first of all on your first official fic.
    thank you
    *Lola does stupid cabbage patch dance*
    Z tries to hide her snicker behind her hand because it's not polite to make fun of your readers
    And of course I'm loving this story already. J/Z (sorry for those shippers) are going to have a tough time with the split.
    Yeah, they will.
    Yay, Jaina's going to see Jag. Let's get them back on track shall we?
    No spoilers, sorry.
    I wonder how Zekk and Alema will get along?
    see above
    Will there be a Z/A romance? Or just some evil/good interaction.
    see above
    And don't make Zekk fall to the dark side, ok? That's all I ask.
    see above, you greedy girl!
    Great start Z.
    thanks, Lola, you are the best cheerleader!

And Striker?? Telling which ships will happen is the ultimate spoiler in my humble opinion so I'm not telling! [face_devil] But I can promise you one thing: Things in this fic will rarely be what they seem and never be simple.

Thank you so much for the replies, guys!

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Wonderful work even though I had absolutely no idea what was going on!
    It's a sign of good writing when you can have someone understand a story without having any background on the subject at all! Good work!

6. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Wow, that was quite a compliment, J_L, thank you! If you would like some background to help stay interested, let me know. ;)

7. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow Z! You're story was awsome!

Jaina and Zekk gave me shivers. They were so weird. That's exactally how they were acting in TJK and how I always immagined they would shortly after (still hoping they will return to normal)

While Joiner?s made me uncomfortable I had more than enough experience with rebellious teenagers to make the rest of this a walk in the park. [face_laugh]

?Jag will be there, too.? Does that mean it's going to be a J/J...

...and I am sending Kyp with her as well. Or it could be a K/J.

As I regarded this broken young man before me I wondered at the capriciousness of the Force because I knew that he was Alema?s only chance. Why's that? is this going to be an A/Z too?

I assume there's going to be more of this and I can't wait.

Hey now that you've gotten your dare challange written, you can write more of your first sentence challanges :D

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Yes, there will be plenty more, Princess, and thank you for your kind review!

Actually, this is not even close to written but yeah, I will be working on my Twisted Sisters Challenges soon... have to post on my collalorations first, though. Duty before pleasure and all!

As to which ship this is... that is a spoiler.[face_shame_on_you] I'm not telling.

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    *claps hands* Wonderful TJK fic! I like it very much.

10. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great start! I can't wait to see where you take this. It looks very intersting.
    --Wynssa

11. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Yay!!!!! :D My crazy plot bunny has spawned a whole fic! And it's so good! your chracterization was amazing, considering how hard it is to write JoinerZekk and JoinerJaina! :)

And now I feel sooooo bad about the last part of the dare!!!

12. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    SilSolo,
    I may be calling on your areas of expertise later on, if you don't mind... prob just to catch any characterization flaws. I am really glad you are reading.

Wyn,
    I am thrilled you are reading this!

Lusa,
    You should feel bad! This is all your fault! I just couldn't go AU with that dare, staying in line was too tempting. Remember, please don't breathe a word of the dare to anyone yet, k?

Wow, I am blown away by the response I've had to this in one morning! What a pleasant surprise, I thought for sure it would fall to page three before someone (probably my Master) took pity on me and read it. How mistaken I was. Thank you guys.

13. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Technically, review in haiku week is over, but I'll throw in a couple just for you.

?We are?

?what we are.?

or in haiku form:

we are
    what we are
    highly coordinated

?We feel everything Jaina feels and it is uncomfortable for us. We are never alone.?

The whole "we" thing seems very... Borg. I'm certainly not opposed to throwing the occasional royal we out there, but that's not really the same.

My relief was so great that, despite the seriousness of the situation, I could have laughed out loud. They want to leave separately! That was better than I had hoped for.

You asked about grammatical errors. Well, that last sentence ends in a preposition, tsk tsk tsk. (Kidding! That's not a hard and fast rule.)

As I regarded this broken young man before me I wondered at the capriciousness of the Force because I knew that he was Alema?s only chance.

I really like the phrase "capriciousness of the Force." Both the choice of words and the sentiment are very fitting.

Jaina?s friendship had changed him from the angry young man he once was to a confident, smiling adult. Oh, he still has a twisted sense of humor but then, so does Han.

sense of humor
    twisted
    me too

I'm very curious to find out just what the dare was. This story looks very promising.

14. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Well, D_S, I did ask for grammatical errors! [face_laugh] Would you believe that when I write TK that is a hard fast rule for me? But Luke is just a farm boy!

You, twisted? Noooooo

And "promising" from you is as good as gold to me.

The whole "borg" thing dominated TJK, I hated it! And yet, here I am..... darn you, Lusa_Thul!;)

15. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Wonderful writing so far, Zonoma!!

Cool TJK description and characterization. I can't wait to see what happens! Keep writing! :D

16. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Whoa, Z. This is really weird of Jaina and Zekk!
    Whazzup with 'em? :p

I'd love to be PMed (if you do) when the next post is up!

17. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    =D= Great start! :D I love the way you're writing Jaina and Zekk; their interaction was so eerie and beautiful. :)

18. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Oh, don't worry, I won't say a word about the dare! :D

?We are?

?what we are.?

How could I have missed this the first time around? Why, that's aline from the song I'm listening to! What are the odds? Man, I love when Broadway does that! :D

19. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Wow. *sniff - sniff* padiwans, they grow up so quickly... ;)

I really love the part where Jaina breaks to say that they weren't interested in a suicide mission. I suppose it's the intensity of feeling protectiveness that breaks the bond momentarily, yet it didn't echo in Zekk so was less self preservation. I just like it. :)

And I saw a few readers here who should recognize a unique name. ;)
    Yes, I giggle.

Tee-Hee.

20. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    That was scary, I haven't read TJK yet but I heard about the Joiners, and now to actually see something like that is really, really scary. But a really good prologue, I enjoyed it. It was well written and sets up plenty of plots that can go down in the future.

Good work, Commander Mommy =D=

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    DA,
    Thank you. I almost sent you a PM because I thought you might like this story but since we don't "know" each other very well, I hesitated. Thanks for the characterization comment esp. I try very hard to get it right.

Courtney,
    That's kind of what I thought when I read Joiner King. And yeah, I'll send you a PM, sure!

jedi_of_ennth,
    I am humbled. "eerie and beautiful" was precisely my goal. Thank you.

Lusa,
    Still your fault!

Master!
    This story wouldn't be the same without you, Eric. And Jaina's break was both selfish and selfless. I was hoping to convey her anger at Luke at the perception she had that he was protecting her over Zekk and her horror and fear at the thought of losing her one solid grip on her new reality but more on that later.

Briman,
    Thank you, my son.

I have had several PMs requesting post notification so let's just make it official... if you want one, just ask. I will be happy to oblige!

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'll take a PM whenever you update.

EDIT:

I wish my fics got half as many readers as this... ;)

23. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I do my best [face_blush]

Yeah, but what I was really getting at was that it was Jaina's reaction not so much Zekk's.

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Very much so, actually, and I'm glad you liked it. I am rather pleased with it myself. I find Zekk somewhat fatalistic about danger sometimes. And he seems to know where he should be in the scheme of things. Of course, I may be under the influence of DNPQ!

25. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    :eek: =P~ =D=

Z, that was great. I can't wait to see where all the 'ships go. [face_thinking]

Man, this got more readers in it's first day than my old fanfic got in it's whole run![face_blush]

Keep up the amazing work, my friend, and PM me with updates![face_praying]

Oh, and to all the other readers, Zonoma and I are friends, so I KNOW she'll give me all the spoilers and such.[face_mischief]Right Zonoma? ...Z? you there?[face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.