main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Worth Saving (Kyp, Zekk, Alema, Jaina)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zonoma, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Terrific post - very dramatic! I enjoy the way Jaina is keeping Kyp off balance...whether its intentional or not.

oldj

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Awesome, master! :)

Hmmm.... Kyp, Jag, Zekk, and Raynar?

3. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Wow. That was an awesome chapter!!!! Z, you continue to amaze me!

C @};- S

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    A wonderful update, Z. As you know I'm a big fan of The Force and I love when people take the time to really pay attention to the nature of the Force.

The swirling eddies of Force energy around her didn?t stop after I moved, but they took on a more regular pattern. I wondered idly whether this was a by product of our newly minted Bond or some other symptom of the duress she was under. I have heard that Healers often see these ?Force Patterns? and some of the more intuitive Masters as well, but let?s face it: I destroy, I don?t Heal. I break things, not fix them. I don?t say this to be self deprecating, but rather to acknowledge my place in the Force.

This really jumped out at me for a couple reasons: 1) I loved the image of the disjointed energy of the Force around her.. 2) I loved that Kyp understands himself within the context of the Force. The Force isn't just there minute to minute, allowing you to block blaster bolts or picking up stray objects. The Force is the tapestry of the entire galaxy and it was wonderful to see tht Kyp recognized his place within it.

?Don?t you know what this makes you?? As I stared at her dumbly, she told me, ?It makes you my slave, Kyp. My. Slave.?

I stiffened.

?I am no one?s slave anymore, Jaina. Not even yours.?

When she laughed, the only thing that kept me from hitting her was the fact that she was a woman. ?Yes, Kyp, you are. You are new to Bonding, but it makes you as much my slave as you have made me yours. Do you like what you see, Master??

I blanched.

*chuckle* Now that's an interesting observation...Does that mean that she and the other three in her head are connected in the same way? [face_thinking]

*chuckle* sorry...I had this mental image of them in leather and Kyp on his knees. I should stop here before I get in trouble...

5. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Lo'
    It seems Jaina and Kyp aren't interested in making this easy on themselves, are they? o_O

Ah well, if Jedi didn't angst we fanfic-ers have nothing to write about. :p

Your narrative was weaved with descriptions that illuminated the scene. I look forward to more! :D

6. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    How did Tesar get in there? Would she have to be bonded to all of the joiners? I would think Jag would be in there, force sensitive or no. Also Having Anakin, a dead guys, thoughts in your brain would be creeptifying.

I like Kyps realistic reaction to having a force bond. It doesn't sound like fun. Why would having the bond make you Jaina's slave? Is she just so much a dominant personality that it shows in bonds?

Nice use of humor and irony. I liked the bit about the 'not so fascinating world of watching a girl breathe'.

Thank you for updating, this was marvelous!

I'll be back for the next post.

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Spirit, I was thinking of the battle meld...

8. Kyphater13

Kyphater13 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2006
    Zonoma: Good job on this.

Edited for content.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Let's leave the conversation to the story and away from your sister.

10. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Auntie Z [:D] Thanks for the pm...I'm amazed how much I'm learning about the EU through fanfic...though I've actually been doing some research!

Silence and the Leia Glare of Doom. Good thing that the vaping Empire didn?t know about the Leia Glare of Doom. They would have turned it to evil long ago. Too bad that Jaina, apparently, did know about it. That look should be a Force skill.

I loved this ...I actually quite like Kyp...I feel sorry for the bloke!

and wonderful artwork my dear!

Great update =D=

11. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I feel like you are becoming more comfortable with this fic. Not that you weren't before, but it feels like you have hit your stride with Jaina and Kyp's new but-maybe-not-improved (in her opinion, lol) relationship.

I like their dynamic a lot--they are both such powerful people, both a bit full of themselves, and both oozing personality and attitude, so they are either going to kill each other, or have to accept this new reality. I do feel bad for Kyp, as I've said before--he seems like he's really trying to do the right thing and keep a cool head, but Jaina isn't making it easy on him.

Great update, and I'm glad to see you back in the swing of things.

And CONGRATS!!!

12. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    this isn't good, is it.

13. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Great update, Z.

The dialogue and interaction between Kyp and Jaina was great.

Apparently, watching a woman?s chest heave against the confines of her shirt isn?t nearly as exciting as in the books. You know the ones - those ty holo novels that your likes to leave lying around your apartment, turned to the screen of whatever thing she wants to try next? Yeah, those. And yes, I read. Don?t you?

Simply hilarious. [face_laugh]

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Whoa!!![face_hypnotized]

Okay, now. Just finished everything so far and--WOW! =D=

This is great, Zonoma. =D=

I loved how you wrote Zekk, and I can't wait to meet the woman Zekk is dreaming about.

I still can't believe Jacen! Telling Kyp to have sex with Jaina...:eek:

Glad Kyp did not have to do that...

Jaina needs to be thankful to be alive...

Excellent writing. I've been wanting to read this for a long time but always seem to get distracted..[face_blush]

Looking for more.. And if you have a PM list may I please be placed on it..[face_praying]

FL @};-

15. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    I just read this, Z, and I must say, it?s awesome. I?ll be back some other time with intelligent insight (if I remember, that is) but for now, I?ll just quickly list my guess at the men in Jaina?s head: Jacen; Zekk; Kyp; and the Prime Unu himself, Raynar.

16. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Ok so I'm an idiot . . . I read this right after you posted and I forgot to review [face_blush]

Anyway - I have to agree with Brian here that the image of the Force being in flux around Jaina was great. I know I've used that before, because even though a Jedi isn't supposed to show emotion they certainly show it through the force.

And of course always gotta give point to someone who throws in the name of the fic :p

*jumps back into the Falcon and heads back to the Saga boards*

17. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    While we're waiting for Z to complete here responses, I thought I might provide a brief bit entertainment. I'm currently on some crazy haiku tsunami and it's wiping out all of my ability to write anything else...

So, here is a haiku in honor of "Worth Saving":

Not allowed to go
    Dire pain of separation
    Need for hard choices

18. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Author Announcement

First of all, please allow me to thank you all for your noms and votes in the 2005 Winter Awards. I was mystified and tickled all at the same time to receive Best Romance. Thank you all. [:D]

Secondly: I know that this is a poor way to show my thanks, but the posts will not be coming for a while.

I am currently closing on the house and packing and moving. I hope to be settled and posting in June. Until then, the posts will come, but be terribly erratic due to lack of easy internet access. I am still writing, though! So when I do get back, perhaps most of it will be written and we can try for a weekly or biweekly posting schedule!

Please stop laughing. It could happen. o_O

Now, on to replies! Your responses were so delightful to read, but in light of the recent highlight on spamming, I held off until I thought everyone reviewed.

[color=darkred][quote=Wyn] Oh my! What a mess they've gotten themselves into. Poor Jaina, one man in her head had to be bad enough but then to add more!!! No wonder she's a little bit off her rocker[/quote]
    I know you and I both talk about this aspect of Jaina in profic often, I rather hoped you would like the way I am dealing with it as much as I enjoy your story, [i]Dreams[/i] (link in her profile: this is a shameless plug for my friend) [face_tongue].[/color]
    [color=firebrick][quote=j_o_e] That's the best description of Kyp I've ever read. Absolutely perfect. Your characterization of him in this post was, as always, stunning.
    [/quote]Thank you, though this is just a paraphrase of a conversation between Leia and Kyp on Hapes in [u]Dark Journey[/u] by Elaine Cunningham. I found it very true and wanted to use it again, to drive her point home. Glad it got such a response! All kudos to her, though.[quote=j_o_e] I love how you managed to inject humor into this chapter, despite the hostility between Jaina and Kyp.
    The interaction between these two was marvelous. I could really feel the energy and tension. [/quote]Coming from a huge J/Z ?shipper I am willing to take this as a compliment of the highest order! Thank you.[/color]

[color=crimson][quote=BigFatty] It's an update. And a good one, too. I'm going to guess Jacen is guy #4 in her head. Not in a possible romantic relationship way obviously, but I assume he'd still be in there with the twin bond thing. [/quote]Very good! Though honestly, I didn?t think it would be that difficult to deduce though Raynar WOULD make five, if he chose to be there. Fortunately for us, he hasn?t. Yet. [face_mischief] [/color][color=orangered][quote=Andrew] wow.

wow.

wow.
    [/quote]
    Well now, that was? articulate. [face_laugh] I?ve never been to leave [i]you[/i] speechless before![face_grin] Thanks.[/color][color=orange][quote=princess_melissa]Wow!

...I've been sitting here trying to think of something to say for the last 5 min and all that comes to my mind is "wow"

This had some very powerful dialogue and definitely had a more serious air about it yet you added in little moments of funny things....I thought it made it much better than just being all serious.

The last line was way cool. I can't wait to see where you're going to take this.

Brilliant job as usual, Z. [/quote]Thank you, princess! I think that if you want true angst, you have to inject some humor to offset it and make it more powerful. In Kyp?s case I can do it through his thoughts, but usually I try to work it in as something a passerby would find funny that is NOT to the people involved. Here, it is laugh to keep from crying humor, I think. Kyp is awesome to write but I confess that he surprises me every time I sit down and think about him.

I loved the last line, too. This post actually had much, much more? but I loved leaving it there so much that I did![face_grin][/color]

[color=limegreen][quote=Chilla] Wow, finally an update! And I love it! MORE![/quote] I am doing my best, but the house has sold and I am scrambling in RL. Thank you for coming back!

19. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Zonoma posted:

Btw? DO you like to garden? Or simply love flowers?

I love to garden and love flowers.

My penname actually is what my co-workers and friends call me when they want gardening or flower advice. I seem like a walking gardining book sometimes [face_blush]

And thanks for putting me on your PM list...
    :)

FL @};-

20. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    First of all, please allow me to thank you all for your noms and votes in the 2005 Winter Awards. I was mystified and tickled all at the same time to receive Best Romance.

As one who knows where this thing is (sort of) going, can I just say how much that made me laugh? I'll say no more, of course, but you know what I mean! :p

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Z, check your DA because you've been tagged

22. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    I saw that. I hate being tagged and will not participate. Sorry.

PS: Please keep non-story stuff to PMs. With all the buzz about spamming threads, I want to be careful on this one. Thank you.

Zonoma

23. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Oh mi Gosh! I WANT MOE!!!!!!! IT IS SO GOOD!!!!!

24. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Holy.... :eek: Z, we need MORE.

Bright

25. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    BettyBug, Welcome!!!!! and BrightFeather good to see you again!

Thank you all for your patience in my absence. I am currently working on my next post, though it is requiring some research. I am only just relieved to HAVE TIME to research again! I'll get it here in due time, I promise.

Zonoma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.