main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Worth Saving (Kyp, Zekk, Alema, Jaina)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zonoma, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    *glares at Jaina*

Alright girl, I know Kyp had the slap coming at least, but that slave comment was a little much. Slavery has got to be Kyp's worst nightmare, and you know it. I might forgive you a little for being looney tunes, mind-raped and never having the experience of being a slave, but still.

:p

yes, I know, ranting at fictional characters.

*gives Kyp a hug*

8-}

2. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Z, in response to your earlier question that brodi inspired, no, it doesn't happen. :p

Good to hear you have time to research for the next post. :)

KT

3. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Ok, Master. I believe I've tortured you long enough. [face_mischief] Sorry it took so long.

First of all, I LOVE the first person writing. One major reason I, Jedi is one of my favorites. You get to know each character so intimately, it's like meeting them for the first time. I love it.

Chapter 1

First, because I am I J/Jer to the bitter end, I was thrilled to see Jaina and Zekk wish to separate. However, because I also love Jaina, I was concerned by what you meant when you illuded to "what it would cost them..." Um... yeah. Scary. My only question is this (and this comes after having read the rest of the story to date): if the severing of this connection was so severe, how did they survive being separated from original Taat hive? Are you conjecturing that because of the connection with Zekk it was less severe when they left the hive? And by disconnecting from each other they are physically severing those ties - making it much more tramatic? Just making sure I"m understanding everything so far.

I have to say that, knowing how music moves my very soul, the song at their departure broke my heart. Even if I DON'T like Zekk. It's still hard to see him hurting so much from a love spurned. Either way, I love the path you've put his char on in this story. No doubt it will be great!

Chapter 2

?San-Ah is worried and I am, too. I am here to help you.?
    First, I like that his ship isn't just alive, but has a personality. I think that ads great depth to it. Also, I thought it intersting that Jacen had come to regard Zekk as a brother. Having not read any of the YJK books, I wouldn't have thought them that close. Great insight! THIS scene reminds me of the Jacen I know and love. And the mysterious woman... Lumiya? Some other past, dark mistress? Again with no background in YJK, I'm grasping here. Of course, I could go read The Zekk Interludes, but that would spoil it. :p

btw: do you know that Chapter 2 is actually labeled Chapter 1 in the text? I was befuddled. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Chapter 3

Now THIS chapter reminds me of the Jacen I'm coming to despise. It was funny, as I read through Kyp's thoughts, how much I absolutely agreed with his estimationg and opinion of Jacen. I especially loved his insight about Jacen It seems to me that his five-year absence was, in fact, a search for omnipotence. .. I mean, who else do we know who was vaguely omnipotent? Yeah, see what I mean? You know, I'd never thought of it that way, but YEAH! That's TOTALLY what bugs me about his canon character. A dangerous line to walk, indeed.

And now that I read it, I'm not sure if Jacen meant that Kyp would need to physcially sleep with Jaina or only Force Bond with her, but I am with you in thinking a forced Force Bond would be equivelent to rape of the soul. This just can't be good. Also, her quoting her mother's famous "nerfherder" line was priceless. Your cliffy was horrible! Good thing I was reading late and only had to flip through a couple pages... ;)

Chapter 4

Such a fantastic chapter, Z! You literally had me on the edge of my seat with every word. What more can I say???

Chapter 5

Most intriguing. MOST intriguing. It?s nice to see a little background on Zekk. Almost makes me pity the poor thing, such a horrible childhood. And no matter what San-Ah thinks, I?m not sure I like this new woman he ?sleeps? with. I?m not convinced she?s not a Sith and since he?s going to try and bring Alema BACK from the dark side, having a Sith in his head just won?t help anyone.

Chapter 6

While I?m not sure what to make of that last paragraph, I again was intrigued by this chapter. It must be the Kyp/Jaina interaction. For some reason you and TKL are actually starting to make me like this adult Kyp, which I have previously abhorred. But this one, I like. (Must be Canon vs. FanFic?) The whole thing is just interesting. I?m fascinated to see how the Kyp/Jaina thing is going

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    *devours 'fic*

Wow. Delicious. And... complex. Rich, impressive... powerful, witty, intelligent, and profound.

There's just so much to enjoy - characters, imagery, language, style, and dialogue... all distinctive and addictive...

Looking forward with anticipation to the next update! :D :cool: [face_dancing]

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    To: TelannaTani
    As the author of Zekk-Interludes, I promise reading it wouldn't spoil anything. ;)
    That said, you have to get pretty deep into it before you really learn who she is...

Also, I'll say that while Z. has kept much of that character mysterious to those who haven't read Interludes, she adores that character. Even I was surprised by how she keyed into the character. Surprised, but pleased. o_O

6. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Random/worthsaving1.jpg]

I am sooooo excited... lookie, lookie what DarthMikus drew for me!!!!! Make sure you visit his thread in the Art Forum where sneak peeks of HIS fanfiction/comic can be found!

7. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Z!!!!!!!!! *pounces*

Good to see you, and cool artwork. :D

KT

8. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Oooh Pretty! At first I thought Zekk was a girl:oops: but WOW. Awesome use of photos and blending and stuff! Where is the rest of this person's art?\

And when is the next chapter/post?[face_mischief]

9. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    :eek: Oh, wow!!!! Just WOW! That cover art is absolutely perfectly completely AMAZING.

10. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Oh, wow.[face_hypnotized]
    Put me on the PM list, please! I can't wait till you update again!

11. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
  12. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    I am sorry for my lack of posting these past months. I was debating on which course to follow... the shiny, scary new bunny -or the old comfortable one. I think that I have finally found a way to do both, though it will require more work. Maybe even shutting this thread down and starting over again. I may be getting 'hasty', though, and am finalizing the outline tonight.

Again, I am sorry for the wait. When I have my new outline, I will do replies and post the PM list. If you have lost interest in the Story because of my random post schedule this would be a good time to let me know to take you off the list (once I have it posted, that is).

Thank you all,

Zonoma

13. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    wowzers...this is great!!!

Please add me to the PM List...Thanks!!

14. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Awesome. I mean, I hate it when plotlines are reborn, after you've put so much love and care into it, but in my experience, when author's do it, it's WORTH SAVING!!! *giggle* Sorry about the pun. I'm sure it'll be great, Z. We'll be here waiting! [:D]

Tela

15. Sentenal

Sentenal Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2006
    I first seen your story on the other sight, you got my interest then; and I'm thrilled to see it here. Why I didn't look for it here is beyond me, I just wanted you to know this. Now I'm going back and re-read it again, to see if you added on to it since I last read it.

Keep safe Happy trails until we type again.

sentenal

16. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Welcome Back Zonoma!

Comes out of lurking.....says hello and waves.......returns to lurking.

Looking forward to where you go with this one. Very much enjoy the Jaina/Kyp tension!

17. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **sits grinning in thread, eating popcorn, waiting patiently for the twists and turns**

"And now, for something completely different..."

:D

Looking forward to anything and everything "Worth Saving" Z!!

FF

18. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    More, please! *looks hopeful*

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Um, yeah. You guessed it. This means an update is on the way. Expect it tomorrow, just wanted to get replies knocked out first because I?ve owed them for a very long time.

[b]ladylaurel18[/b] ~ Actually, I think the slave comment [i]was[/i] a little below the belt but she needs Kyp to understand what he got himself into. She sees how she and Jacen became slaves to one another until Vergere forced them apart and understands that it is human nature. It hurts subject A to feel subject B in pain, therefore human nature is to protect subject A at all costs.

[b]Voz[/b] ~ responding to epic (but droolalicious) review, finally! I?m glad you love the first person POV so much, though in all honesty it is half the reason for the delay. The other half is that I didn?t write while the story was fresh and now the plot keeps trying to change on me. St00pid!!111!! author mistake.

[i]Chapter 1[/i]: Yeah, I think you have it all about right. They survived the separation from Taat without withdrawal because they still had their bond with one another, reinforced with the Force (no pun intended [face_tongue]).

I?m not entirely certain that you read Zekk right during the song, though?. We?ll have to wait and see.

[i]Chapter Two[/i]: Sorry bout that, I guess I missed one. I relabeled the Prologue as Chapter One. [face_doh!]

Anyway, not many folks do write about the bond Zekk and Jacen have, but surely there is some complicated feeling there. Jaina risked her life for Zekk. Zekk came back from the dark, in part, for her. Zekk abandoned Jaina on Hapes, but was the only one to stay by her side on Tenupe.

The mysterious woman is ? well, she is. And I love the ship, too.

[i]Chapter Three[/i]: I :* Kyp. I really, really do. He is so much fun to write. All snark on the surface with a heart of carbon. It?s almost to the diamond part from all the pressure. Just? Stay on target, Kyp! Stay on target?.

If I hadn?t read Bloodlines this week, I might have said that Jacen wasn?t as bad off as everyone seems to think. [face_frustrated]

[i]Chapter 4[/i]: thanks!

[i]Chapter Five[/i]: [face_laugh] Good Point!

[i]Chapter Six[/i]: I like this post NJO Kyp, too. I would love to see more of him in Legacy, but we?ll see. It is better to not see him than to see him as the unthinking brute we sometimes saw in early NJO. Jacen, Kyp, Zekk, and Jag were the men I was thinking of (based on that line in TJK about ?calling? Jag).

[b]ThrawnMcEwok[/b]: Thank you! I?m still kind of trying to comprehend that you read this. So many new readers?.

[b]Handmaiden_Azul[/b]: Hello and welcome! You bet about that PM list, too.

[b]Kidan[/b]: Hello! *waves* Done and you?re welcome?

[b]Sentenal[/b]: Thank you! It?s always good to see a new ?face?.

[b]Obi-Wandering[/b]: Wow! Thanks for the delurk! I?ll try to grab this by the horns and update before October.

[b]FalconFan[/b]: This next post is dedicated to you and TelannaTani and BigFatty. You three just don?t let me get by with leaving this alone.[/color]

20. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Really great story zonoma!! Any possibility for more in the near future?

21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Z wrote: "FalconFan: This next post is dedicated to you and TelannaTani and BigFatty. You three just don?t let me get by with leaving this alone."

:D [face_dancing][face_dancing] :D

Who...me...? ;)

cheersweetie wrote: "Really great story zonoma!! Any possibility for more in the near future?"

What she said! :D

**waits patiently**

FF

22. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    *waits beside FF*

btw, PM when this updates, pwease!

love,
    marybeth

23. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow, I just found this, and it is amazing! I love the multiple POVs and how you get into everybody's past. I hope you get the chance to update it. Please PM me if you do.:D

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    cheersweetie, FalconFan, JediBettiBug, & EmeraldLady: Thank you for reading! As requested, a post will follow shortly.

To my readers: If you are reading this still, then I am grateful and humbled that you are returning with me. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Zonoma

P.S. Please forgive the typos and mistakes in the post, it is without a beta. [face_blush]

25. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    (The title is from Shakespeare?s THE TEMPEST)

Chapter Seven: When I wak?d, I cried to dream again.

I saw the barb hit home and begin to take root. Confusion, morbid curiosity, horror, anger ? they all flashed across his face in a moment before anger won, as I knew it would. I am good at judging my opponents and finding their weaknesses, and today Kyp made it impossible not to know his most intimate fears.

His eyes hardened and took on a more dangerous edge. I shivered despite myself, I couldn?t recall ever seeing that rage directed at me.

?Fine then. Since I refuse to be the slave you claim I?ll be, I?ll accept the title you so generously bestowed on me, Apprentice.? There was no mistaking the sneer in his voice as he looked at me in disgust. I stared back at him, daring him to continue. ?I am going to check on our course and sonic off. When I return, you will be prepared to tell me what I could have done differently.?

He turned and strode from the room and I couldn?t help it, I snickered. He had whirled away as if he wore that damn cape still and I found it hilarious. My laughter froze him in place with his back to me.

Rodder. So much for getting rid of him.

When he looked back at me, his face was that of a politely interested Jedi Master but I could feel his anger beneath the surface, and his fear. He doesn?t know whether to be scared of me or for me. For that matter, neither do I.

?I thought you were leaving, Kyp. Change your mind so soon?? I sniffed the air. ?Really, that sonic smells like a great idea.?

?I will hear your answer now since you are intent on keeping this conversation going. You seem to find it amusing.

Tell me, Apprentice, what I could have done differently.?

?You couldn?t have done anything differently. Not and get your way. But the Almighty Kyp Durron has to get his way, doesn?t he? He has to be in control.?

?My way??

?Me alive.?

?You living is now ?my way???

The air grew heavy with tension, like the jungle before the afternoon deluges I remembered from my childhood.

?Yes, Master. My dying in peace was not acceptable to you.?

?I see.?

?No, you don?t. You still don?t get it, do you??

?Why don?t you enlighten me??

?No. I won?t. And don?t look at me that way, Kyp. You don?t scare me. I need time to sort this out. I need time to adjust. A lot has changed in these last hours and I need time. Buy me that time, and then I will help teach you to manage this new bond. I have more experience than you do. You need to understand exactly how this changes everything and why and I don?t have my center enough to teach you right now.?

?How long do you need??

I wanted to laugh. I was nearing hysteria again and Kyp seemed to sense it because he nodded.

?I?ll adjust our course to buy you some time. Figure it out, Jaina, but do it fast. The Chiss aren?t exactly in the mood to be forgiving right now.?

?Thank you.?

Again, only a wordless nod.

?And Kyp??

I gently slid the door back open behind him and helped him out.

?Go away now.?

When the door closed on his concerned face and I felt him retreat to the cockpit, I collapsed on my bed and began to put my ?life? back in order. Everything had its place, even Kyp. Now to put him in it.

I fell into an uneasy meditation, and began to explore my mind.

*~*~*~*~

By the time I got our course changed and into the sonic, I felt the nearly overwhelming presence in my mind find something close to a center and grow still, though far from peaceful. It was an odd sensation that brought to mind a picture of a hand on still water that applied just enough pressure to bow the surface inward but never actually broke the tension to get wet. That was how Jaina felt to me at the moment.

This, by the way, was fine by me because it meant I might be able to do a little ?processing? of my own. For the first time since waking I didn?t feel the edge of madness on my own thoughts.

I shivered, and not from the cold air wrapping aro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.