Worth the Credits?!?!?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Zelda_Skywalker, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Are the Force FX lightsabers worth the price tag attached? Were any of you disappointed by them? I was only wondering...I want to buy one, but don't want to waste the money for one.
  2. Anakins-Apprentice Jedi Knight

It all depends on what you're going to use it for. If its coreogrphay (I'm not sure how to spell it.. forgive me..) then I'd say no. That would be a waste of money. But if your just going to use it for a tiny film or just to be there in the film, go ahead. But I'd say just make your own saber or buy one less expensive. I've seen the price for those.. and some of us are on a budget, so I don't even look at them when I go to the mall...
  3. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, being that my best friend just received one as a Christmas present and has been waving it around the past couple of weeks, I can say...

For sheer fun, it IS worth it. The sound effects are terrific, the blade power up/down effect is very cool, it's bright, and the hilt is made out of metal, not cheap plastic. The on/off buttons are often conveniently placed and not obvious.

It does have its cons, though. Personally, I think the hilts are way too chrome-y and shiny, but that's just me. I happen to like my sabers like Corellian smugglers--scruffy. :p (The Mace Windu saber does look good being high-polish, however.) Certain models are also considerably oversized to fit the electronics. One saber badly affected by this problem is the Luke ROTJ--the neck is so fat it looks like a flashlight. [face_frustrated] The blades are also somewhat delicate--no homicidal whacking, or you'll get black spots where the LEDs shatter. That means no intense dueling. You can safely give them a decent smack, though--a medium tap blade to blade or just hard enough to sting an arm. They can also be a bit heavy and hand-fatiguing after a while of carrying them, because they're overbalanced by the blade. And worst of all, you can't remove the blade, meaning you can never stick the hilt on your belt.

It depends on what you're getting it for. I would say for costuming purposes the Force FX sabers are rather inconvenient due to the non-removeable blade and delicate dueling capabilities. But if you just want one to play around with a little, impress your friends, and just enjoy, it's more than worth the price tag.

And if you know people who work at GameStops, Best Buys, or Borders bookstores, ask them to get it for you at a big fat discount. ;)
  4. Anakins-Apprentice Jedi Knight

The only fun I ever had with those things is turning it on in a book store and walking around like a blind man pissing people off wherever I went.
  5. Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    So just for playing around with them..they're really worth it? I really want the darth Vader one..is the hilt THAT bad on it? or is it considerably reasonable...or...uhh...The Anakin Skywalker one...it okay in size?
  6. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.