main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOTC Premiere Series Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    so finally, 2 weeks before the first event, comes word from Wizards that they will have 6 regional events + the Championships.

2005 series

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, and Unca George's appearance throws a monkey in the wrench for me. If the appearance I get for him doesn't interfere with the tournament, then I'll be playing. Otherwise, I'll just be making a "special guest appearance" to meet some TCG'ers who I otherwise know only on-line.

3. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Celebration III Star Wars TCG Premier Series 2005 Results

P Name
    1 Ron R Longhi III
    2 Brad D Gregg
    3 Garritt A Pruim I
    4 Chris J. Hines
    5 Steven B. Fouts
    6 Ted Budzinski
    7 Paul J Mounce Jr.
    8 Dave Kaleta
    9 Michael Bishop
    10 Ben Harbour
    11 Wade Tajchman
    12 Joe Heldt
    13 Justin Carmien
    14 Steve Berger
    15 Jean Phillipe Adolphe-mitchell
    16 Timothy J Willis
    17 Jason Bell
    18 Lisa Webber
    19 Elizabeth Shimon
    20 Shaun Collins
    21 Drew Boehmker
    22 Vince Tonelli
    23 Steph Lange
    24 Shawn Coolidge
    25 Leonard Fowler (ME)
    26 Jeremy Rodriguez
    27 Glenn Bartlett
    28 Matt Jennings
    29 Cory Howell

All I can say is, I WISH I WOULD'VE HAD MORE TIME.

I wound up placing a dismal 25th after being bolstered by my constructed tournament win the previous day (my FIRST 1st place win in ANY constructed tournament).

Let me bore you with my story. With all the hoopla about just about everything at C3 (ie. standing in LINES for EVERYTHING), I decided NOT to see Lucas, since people were getting in line 24 hours (though not allowed until 12:01 a.m. day-of) before his appearance. No way was I gonna stand in line in freezing weather to see the guy for 30 minutes. Heck, there was a TCG Premier Tournament I could be in instead!

I arrived at the convention center about 30 minutes prior to the 10 a.m. start time. I was quite surprised that the Fan Club entrance STILL wound around the block at that time on the third days of the event! It wasn't like this at C2. I waited at the entrance instead of getting in line because (a) I was just wearing a t-shirt and jeans and (b) it was flippin' freezing cold and I didn't want to be away from the protection from the wind and (c) the line was gradually getting shorter to a point I could see it. After waiting until 10 a.m., though, I discovered that enough people continued to get in the line about a half block away perpetuating it. I bit the bullet and got in line and was in by 10 after.

Right as I got in, they were handing out wrist IDs for Lucas! I decided to take one in case the tournament had already started (again, the 10 a.m. start time) and headed for the tournament site. I learned where the Lucas line was on the way, and when I got to the tournament, I learned it wouldn't actually start until 11. I signed up, then headed to the Lucas line with 45 minutes to spare before the actual tournament start.

So, I wound up actually seeing Lucas and I had a GREAT seat to boot. Turns out my timing was just right to put me in the center of the football-field-sized ballroom, about 10 rows from the front. BUT, Lucas didn't show until 5 minutes 'til 11, so I went ahead and stayed for the show. All in all, it was worth it.

So, when I returned to the tournament after 11:30, I discovered that I was still considered in the tournament with a round loss... and an automatic match loss. Weird, but I went ahead and played it out... and did terribly. I updated my decks from the previous day with some RotS goodness, but it didn't make any difference.

My first round was supposed to be against TED, and I jokingly told him before the second round that "I did him a favor." I'm sure he would've whipped me anyway, so I saved myself the pain.

Second round I played a newbie in his late 20's/early 30's. He played well enough, but in our second game I discovered he had more than one Lost in the Asteroids card in his deck, and I told him that it was a restricted card. He didn't know what that meant, so after I explained it, we went ahead and played out the rest of the game without allowing the card and I won anyway. He spoke with the judge about it after our match, and unfortunately he was DQ'ed from the rest of the tournament. I just hope he didn't leave with a bad impression of the game.

Third round I played Joe (12th place), who I played in the previous day's tournament. He was using different decks this time, and he was prepared for mine. I told him before we even got started that "he'd g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.