main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG- Alliance of Free Systems

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Wildwookiee, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowin_Zachian

Snowin_Zachian Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Drunk again POT?

2. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    Well, there may not be a strong unity, but we are all fighting for the same cause, so does that count?

New name!!

Confederacy of Free Systems

Has a nice ring to it.

3. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    I'd just call it The Rebellion, but that's just me, a passing lunatic.

4. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Why cant we be the Rebel Alliance again?

5. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Or... the united federation of planets....

ah...good old star trek....

6. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Because we arent very free with the Vong and GE on every corner...

7. Yoda_Drinks_Eggnog

Yoda_Drinks_Eggnog Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2002
    The name's already made, that's the way it goes ;)

Besides, this is a nice addition to the WOTG, it lets us try new things :p ;)

8. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    *groans and watches the Rebels falling apart, losing all over the place....Doesnt want to come back....*

9. Blue_Xmas_10

Blue_Xmas_10 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2002
    I may be wrong CaptainKieranFlar, but the Alliance of Free Systems appears to hold about half the galaxy, at least according to the maps I've seen. That's not too shabby, I'd say.

Ya, I'm here Wildwookie. Just PM me on this name till after christmas.

10. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    The AFS "claims" control over that area, but most of it falls to the Empire. The AFS is simply delegating regions of activity to people. Currently, the AFS controls a inty fraction of the galaxy, IIRC.

11. Blue_Xmas_10

Dec 16, 2002
    inty? What is an "inty"?

12. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    It's "tiny" mispelled.

13. Blue_Xmas_10

Dec 16, 2002
    Sometimes it's hard to tell what you people mean. Sorry.

14. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    "You people"?

Might want to clarify that, less certain WotG elements become upset at that remark. ;)

15. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    Yes, this "inty" Dog will fight if you rattle it's cage...

16. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    In response to my latest post:
    He walked out the door, and straight to the nearest Imperial authority.
    ?I am Jace Halycron, you know me as the President of the New Republic. I surrender,? he called to the building.
    It was night, and his upheld arms were illuminated by the sparking strands of sapphire electricity dancing amongst his fingers as the unused charges of Force Lightning wore off.

My reasons for accepting presidency in the first place were selfish. In my own twisted mind, I had decided that I was not ready for the New Republic to disappear. I didn't want WotG to turn into a GE vs YV RPG. So, I took it upon myself to stop the NR's downward spiral. I did that, and now I am moving on.
    IC, Jace thinks of himself in a somewhat omnipotent light. Much as myself OOC, he took it upon himself to control the galaxy how he thinks things should go. In thus, he accepted presidency, and saved the Republic. Voting is annoying, and I am just not cut not for leadership.

Now, I, both writer and player, move on.
    This has been an enlightening experience for me. I now understand better tolerance for fellow RPers. I thank you all for teaching me.

As my final order of business, I would like to nominate both [b]Wildwookiee[/b], and [b]Cavalier_one[/b] for New AFS President.
    [hr]

Happy days, former allies! I'll see you on the other side. :)

17. Yoda_Drinks_Eggnog

Yoda_Drinks_Eggnog Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2002
    Aw dang! There goes another one! :p

I'd vote C_1 :D

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *gloats*

:p

You can insert whatever gloat you prefer. :D

19. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    grrrrrr. Jace; I wish that you'd not do this. I've seen you defect, join, defect, join, defect, join MANY times now...it's rather tiring and does not instill trust in you IC, nor as an RPer OOC.

As a GM-

I'm asking you to ground yourself someplace. Cease these jumps from faction to faction...it is not good for either your character, or the game in itself. If you continue, I won't know of anyone who would like to RP with you, because they will always be wondering when you will stab them in the back, betray their trust, and destroy what you have helped to create. This is a terrible day in this RP.

20. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    Well, considering that I didn't stab you in the back, didn't betray your trust, didn't destroy a damn thing I helped to create, you really shouldn't have a problem with my actions. In no way did I hurt the RP, the Alliance, or people.
    In actuality, I helped both the Alliance, its members, and my character. As you see from my above explanation, Jace thinks he is omnipotent enough to control the galaxy.

This is a terrible day in this RP.

Quit being so melodramatic.
    If it is any consolation, I do plan on grounding myself. Your words are taken to heart.

21. Kuna_Tiori

Kuna_Tiori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Whoop-dee-doo, wrong user name...

22. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Jello:
    *gloats*

:p

You can insert whatever gloat you prefer.

Then I insert this gloat:

I have a really big ***...

:D

Goodbye, President Jace Halycron. We will always remember what you did for the Republic, and the amazing leadership you displayed even in these troubled times...

As for the new President, I'd vote for WW.

Also, for the RC we still have 1 spot open. That is, if we'll even have an RC anymore. I think we should, to coordinate military and resistance operations.

23. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    I RC is now defunct. It no longer needs to be in place. It was never a good idea from the get-go

I believe that the "President" of the AFS, should simply be the military warlord over all the smaller warlord-states and be the supreme ruler of his region, as the other warlords are of their regions. This "President" would function as a binding force between the regions and holds power over the warlords, but only to the extent of their loyalty. The "President" would help to coordinate strikes involving more than one region and would set large-scale, long-term goals for the Alliance. Of course, this is nothing like what a president does in reality. The title is terrible for the position and I say it should be changed to dictator or some other title that better describes their authority over the AFS.

Oh, and DS5 votes for WildWookie :)

~ DS5

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Use the old Greek title of Tyrant.

Oh better yet, since the AFS is more or less a feudal government, call the leader the Shogun and have the little warlord dudes entitled Daimyos. :cool:

25. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Your Excellencies, may I remind you that the AoFS is working towards the reestablishment of the New Galactic Republic. I understand why you would be working to convert us to Empire-wannabes, what with a dictator and all. But while I am no friend to the inefficiencies of democracy, I certainly think that power should be spread out at least amongst three individuals. Hopefully, <ahem> these individuals will work to ensure that the inefficiencies of democracy do not get out of hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.