main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG II: Clash of the Titans (A RPF Role Play)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    "SEA- there's another sector, the Gradilis Sector which contains Niruaun."

Mitth, thanks, I knew it had a name, but I escaped me and I don't have a copy of SotP.

GAJ, I'll work on firguring out a Sector Fleet configuration on the amount of planets on my map. Other wise we'd prolly end up with less that 500 ISDs :p

2. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm still here...though School is killing me. I have many rehersals in my future. Bravo is still commanding for me.

3. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I've received differing reports from various people, so...

How long is the RP pause going to last? 1 week or 2 weeks?

4. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    I heard initial plans were to pause for 1 week.

5. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    PoT proposed 2 weeks.

I seem to remember a point I wanted to raise...but now it escapes me.

Anyhew, Mitth, AWESOME opening scrawl. When it comes up to posting it, do so with the yellow on black that Star Wars had. ;)

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, what will happen in 2 weeks time? Will we have all this miss figured out? Will we start WOTGIII where we left off in WOTGII, in the trial?

7. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Be advised, that the powers that be are having converses on IM deciding the future of the RPG and how it will be run, new rules, ect.

Just because you don't see them posting everything they decide on the boards for your input, doesn't mean they are not doing anything.

;-)

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    You are correct. I've had numerous discussions about the RP via IM. Fun doing things in secret 'eh? ;)

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Will I still hold my old postion as Fleet Admiral in the Rebel Navy?

Okay, I am typing up this essay fro EXPOS. Writing, and here is what I have so far:

How to Survive WOTGIII:

How to Survive War of the Galaxies III

War of the Galaxies II (WOTG II) is a role playing (RP) game thread at www.theforce.net. It is the biggest RP game so far in the RP forums, and although it has seen its downs, and its ups, it is still going strong. WOTG II is a continuation of War of the Galaxies (WOTG). This RP includes the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Yuuzhan Vong, C.S.A., Morian Raiders, and a few other smaller fractions. Both the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance have lost there great leaders, the Emperor died in one of his force experiments, Darth Vader killed himself after learning of his son?s death, Luke Skywalker at the Battle of Hoth. At the Battle of Hoth, the Galactic Empire had a major victory, killing the important Rebel leaders. Now, both the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire are healing their wounds, the Yuuzhan Vong have invaded the galaxy, on a conquest of taking over the whole galaxy. At first, there was a three-fraction war, Galactic Empire vs. Rebel Alliance, and the Yuuzhan Vong against all three. But now, a treaty has taken place, and the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance are now putting there differences aside, for the better good of the galaxy. This treaty starts WOTGII.

In WOTGII, the Yuuzhan Vong are outnumbered, and our fighting two fronts of a war, but there is no sign of defeat for the Yuuzhan Vong. Yuuzhan Vong agents have attempted, and have assigned a key member of the Imperial army, now the Yuuzhan Vong have agents every where, and an attempt to kill Fleet Admiral Bravo (me), has been spoiled, but a second attempt has been made, and nearly was successful. Now, the President of the Rebel Alliance has tortured an Imperial General, which threatens to tear the treaty apart, and ignite the flame in the age old Galactic Civil War.
    Currently, WOTGII, is on pause, do to a break done in command, hot heads, emotions, and other key events. The Galactic Empire attacked the Rebel Alliance at the trial, but luckily, the leader of the Galactic Empire, Grand Admiral Jello (GAJ), did not authorize the attack, and as of now, new rules, Game Masters (GM), and a new story line is being made, to create War of the Galaxies III (WOTGIII). But, this essay will brace you for WOTGIII, and teach you how to survive WOTGIII?

War of the Galaxies II?the place where villain, backstabbing, and secret alliances are at there high, where money, promises of vast space, planets, and systems, lore all to do what might not be right. War of the Galaxies II (WOTG II), where the law is just a myth, and out laws have hey days. War of the Galaxies II?the place you don?t want to visit?and now, you must brace yourself for War of the Galaxies III?

Intelligence is the most important survival tool you will need to survive and win even a small battle, and battles involving whole fleets of ships! Intelligence will decide the fate of a battle, or the war, it will decide weather you live, or die, it will decide your future. Intelligence is the first step in the process of preparing for a battle, or a war, or a strike mission behind enemy line. Intelligence should always have as much information as its agents can get?the Yuuzhan Vong use Intelligence agents all the time, and Mr. Green, the former Captain Green of the Rebel Alliance, is the latest of these Yuuzhan Vong Intelligence agents. What do you need for Intelligence? What Intelligence can you trust? How do you know it?s not a trap? These answers will be better answered when we reach the command process. But for now, let me tell you what Intelligence you need. Good Intelligence agents will hide out for weeks, months, even years for solid information, this is what you need. You need an Intelligence agent that you trust, that can go behind enemy lines for a long period of time, and with out being caught, he or she has to be able to send vital inf

10. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yes, Fleet Admiral Bravo, you still retain your position.

And is that essay for school, or what?

As for sacrficing the whole realistic part, that simply doesn't make sense. Besides, outnumbering your enemy is often a result of strategic thinking. If you really want to do tactical RP's with even numbers on both sides, go to Bravo's "Tactical Questions" thread.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks Warlord_Ken.

Yes, this essay is for school. I am working on it right now, so I will have an updated version soon, but its far from done. In case you are woundering, this is my outline:

1. What is WOTGIII?

2. Brace Yourself

3. Five most important steps in surviving WOTGIII:

-Intelligence
    -Tactics
    -Commanders
    -Available Ships/Supplies
    -Alliances

4. Conclusion

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    As for sacrficing the whole realistic part, that simply doesn't make sense. Besides, outnumbering your enemy is often a result of strategic thinking.

Usually it doesn't take much strategy to overpower your enemy in numbers. It's like caveman thinking "Ugh...brute force, me got larger numbers. Ugh...".

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    We need to keep the RP realistic peroid. If its not realistic, then what is the point of playing it? If its not going to be realistic, then I will create a thousand SSD's for the Rebel Alliance in one day, and go attack all my enimies, how does that sound? It dosen't sound fair, and that is what will happen if we don't keep it realistic.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    There are some things that realisticness are not good. Sometimes you have to bend the rule for the good of the RP. Such as Emperor Yun Yammka. He shouldn't even exist yet he does because he brings spice to the RP.

Now 1000 ISDs as you claim, things like that won't be allowed. That I understand.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    What would you allow? I bet you a Death Star that the first person to take avadage to this rule will be a person who is stuck in hole, like having reniforcements arrive in two minutes, from Hoth, when the battle is at Agamar. Do you see what I am trying to say? I don't want Rebel, Imperial, C.S.A., or the Yuuzhan Vong to come to every battle with huge amounts of ships that they don't have.

16. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    The person with the largest number of ships doesn't always win.

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That is very true, but what if a fraction or governemnt comes into every battle with large amounts of ships they don't have? That is what will happen if we don't keep it realistic, trust me.

18. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    Baron Fel's Answer: You asked why star fighter division should stay and when it's simply attached to the navy it shouldn't. I'm proposing that Star Fighter division should become more limited. By this, I mean it should be more like the U.S. Airforce. I'll take my ideas up with the brass of the Alliance before I make any official changes, allright? ;)

19. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Greetings all, I seem to have finally regained a stable connection to the internet, so allow me to digress. This will be a long post, I'm sure, so I'll try to break it up and minimize the editorializing, particular with things we've been over before.

FID, I said we'd consult today, but I didn't see you online so I just typed up some suggestions and thoughts that I have.

Anyway...

GM's

I had something of a revelation last night as I tried to fall asleep. It occured to me that, though lack of structure is rampant in our little endeavor, lack of guidance is our true downfall. What I mean is, we could almost certainly adopt any reasonable proposition for governing space battles, ground battles, and what have you, but what we really need are two things:

1 - A dedicated group of GM's to enforce the rules to the best of their ability, and

2 - All other participants to accept their judgement.

I hate to sound crass, but for those of you who don't habla I'm saying: "GM's have the final say, accept it or leave."

This is not to say that the GM's will be allowed to become omnipotent uber-commanders who pass out life and death like paychecks (or pudding, in Jello's case). A system of checks and balances needs to be set up. So onto my first proposition (which is a compilation of a lot of things I've already heard, so feel honored and not offended if I'm using your idea.)

- We should have an odd number of GM's (3 or 5). If an even number of GM's are preferred by the majority, perhaps we could have DA agree to mediate and disputes that require a tie-breaker.
    - GM's will be primarily responsible for a faction OTHER than their own, but may assist or be approached for help on issues concerning their own faction. Essentially, if 1 GM makes a bad or biased call, the others can overturn it.
    - GM's will be permitted to participate with PC's, but do not have a vote in any situations that involve their PC. There really hasn't been any need for this, but it makes a certain amount of sense to me.

FYI, I'm hoping this might be a very rough draft of things to come, though we can totally rewrite it, I'm just taking some initiative and putting it up so people see that we are working on this...plus I want feedback. This is everyone's game and everyone should have a say.

Space Battles/Ship Counts

And here we go. I don't think I've seen a terrible solution to this problem (other than not fixing it, of course) but unfortunately many of the best solutions are impractical, IMO. My personal opinion is that we should choose the least complicated system we can find and run with it. Ideally, I'd like to see each faction in possession of a certain amount of ships in total, and let them do what they want with them, be it offense, defense, or what have you. However, this creates a number of problems that I can see.

1 - My head hurts when I think of who will have the responsibility of keeping track of all those ships, as well as hearing the inevitable arguments over who has what ships where, and why Joe Schmo can't attack with that many ships because they aren't there, or they were destroyed last night, or Boba threw feces all over them and they're being sanitized.

2 - It only makes sense that the Empire and the Rebellion would be on opposite ends of the spectrum with ship counts, and the YV would fall somewhere in the middle, and in SBS (I think) the YV brought it to the NR with "thousands" of ships.

So what's the solution? I don't know. Because our RP involves players in very powerful positions, it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have access to all the resources their various factions can offer. However, realism doesn't equal fairness. I think that we ought to have GM council meeting (on IM) to narrow the list down to a couple of options, then vote for a period of 24 to 48 hours. It's democratic, it's painless, and everyone has a say. But there are a few things we need to clear up first.

1 - Super-Class Starships: I will take my lashings over abusing this at least twice (Flu

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    WOTG and WOTGII was going great up until people on all fractions started to pull reniforcements out of there butts. Now for crying out lound, you only have so many reniforcements, even the empire. And I have seen to many times, Yuuzhan Vong, Imperial, and Rebel attack a person with huge numbers of ships, and still have a lot of ships to guard there other planets. I am not trying to be mean, but HOW can the Yuuzhan Vong have a standard fleet at every planet they have? The smae goes with the Galactic Empire, both fractions have whole fleets at every planet they have, and that is not realistic. I am in charge of the Rebel Alliance defense force, and we hardly have 3 fleets worth of ships to defend all of our planets. The Yuuzhan Vong and the Galactic Empire seem to have millions of cruisers, frigates, and destroyers. How can that be?

21. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Don't get so angry Bravo.

I don't know about the Empire,but the reason the Yuuzhan Vong can have a standard fleet at every planet is because,well have you seen the map lately.The Yuuzhan Vong doesn't have all that many planets.Unlike the other factions with resources spreaded out thinly,the Yuuzhan Vong doesn't have that much space to defend.

22. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yes, a strategical oversight on someone's part, I'm afraid. I still don't understand how the Vong escaped from Bimmiel. I thought the whole freakin system was laced with pulse mass mines.

So, does Nithrak's analysis of space battles apply to ground battles as well?

FID: What I was saying is that often you use strategy and manage to pin down an enemy group with larger numbers, for example. I'm saying that because you used strategy, you were able to get a situation where you outnumber the enemy.

And as long as one faction doesn't have a huge disadvantage, I'm happy with large ship counts.

23. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Ken,you're wondering how we escaped ? Well I'm wondering how it's so easy to enter Yuuzhan Vong space.We have mines on the edge of the system that act as our pulse mass mines.They just come in system and start attacking.

24. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    (double post)

25. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Yes,my double post worked!!!!!!!

2000th post!!!!!!!!

Glory to the Yuuzhan Vong!!!!!!

This will probably be one of the last milestones in the WotGII.

Glory to this glorious thing we call the RP!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.