main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG III: The Breaking of the Alliance

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Back by popular demand!

By order of Darth Attorney There shall be no more than 7 threads at a time involving the War of the Galaxies Role Play.

By order of the Game Masters Space battles are currently prohibited at this time until the new set of rules and stats have been established. Thank you for waiting with us in the meantime.

Editors Notes:

First thing first, I would like to give credit to: AdmiralZaarin, Senator_Elegos_A-kla, Fire_Ice_Death, CaptKieranFlar, GrandAdmiralJello, and many others for helping me in establishing a better guide for our Role-Play.

This guide will be updated regularly and can be accessed at the War of the Galaxies homepage or here.

Story Background

War of the Galaxies
    It is a dark time for the Galaxy Proper,
    the Rebel Alliance was dealt a heavy
    blow at the battle of Hoth with the death
    of Luke Skywalker and several other key
    leaders and warriors.

With the loss of his son, Lord Vader
    committed suicide and the Emperor was killed
    in a freak accident involving one of his Force
    experiments.

But while the Empire and the Rebellion healed
    from their losses, a new threat has emerged
    from the pools of darkness. Aliens from another
    galaxy have dared to cross into our own and
    wage war against the citizens and its sovereign
    government, the Galactic Empire.

Now it is a year since the Battle of Hoth and the
    Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire have new
    leadership, but the age old war between the two
    powers continue even as the invaders push forward
    toward the center of the galaxy...

Clash of the Titans
    Many battles have been fought and won between the
    Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance. But as the
    growing threat of the Yuuzhan Vong presses further
    into the Galaxy, the once distinguished enemies of the
    Civil War have settled their differences for the time
    being with the signing of the "Two Galactic Govern-
    ments" treaty.

Now the Yuuzhan Vong face a deadly and determined
    foe as the two powers ultimately wage war against the
    invading aliens. The tide of war changes rapidly in
    favor of the Galactic Alliance at the Battle of Vortex
    with the death of Warmaster Shok Halycron, brother of
    the late Jace Halycron.

With the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong at the hands of the
    combined forces from all corners of the Galaxy and a newly
    developed war machine, the Genesis Project, the alien
    invaders are in retreat. But the war is not over with just yet,
    the future still holds a great many obstacles for the Galactic
    Alliance and the Yuuzhan Vong to overcome...

Breaking of the Alliance
    A serious blow has been given to the Galactic Alliance by
    the Yuuzhan Vong and its allies after months of defeat after
    defeat by the Galactic Empire and Galactic Republic.

Director Kane Lavos foolishly pursued with his Genesis Project
    in hopes of creating the perfect warrior to fight and counter the
    Yuuzhan Vong in ground battles. But in doing so he has created
    a monster that has now escaped. Emperor Yun Yammka, Yuuzhan
    Vong God of War incarnate, roams the galaxy on a killing spree
    for Jedi blood while uniting the Yuuzhan Vong under his rule.

Meanwhile Warmaster Nithrak Tewl succeeded in capturing the
    Second in Command of the Galactic Empire, implanting him with
    a mind control worm and unleashing him after the newly declared
    Emperor Jello. But Nithrak's plans were foiled by High Inquisitor
    Jace Halycron by defeating the unstable High General Mitth and
    releasing him of his master's control.

Although the attempt on Jello's life was foiled, elsewhere President
    Yarlick of the Galactic Republ

2. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    OOC: Welcome back, YAY!

EDIT: First reply!

High Inquisitor Halycron: *Bowels of Coruscant*

Dark cloak trailing him, Jace walked some of the lowest and oldest streets on the Imperial planet. He tracked back to the location of his ship, Vengeance. Plans still needed to take off.
    He loaded his supplies into the elite courier, and set course to leave Imperial Center.

3. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    By pure luck, I have the honor of making the second post of this thread.

4. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Yours is the third post, actually. Second reply.

WOO! POST #3000 FOR ME! YES!

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Happy now!

The Trial of FID is no more, but the events done by FID still exist. General Zaarin is now a PoW of the Rebel Alliance. The Virus that Budaki released is still plaguing computer systems galactic wide and the HoloNet has been disconnected. General Mitth is still dead and GAJ I guess is en route to deal with the Rebel Alliance.

6. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    OOC: Hooray, a new thread.
    IC: Yomin Carr, returned from the galactic edge, marched towards his private quarters aboard his current flagship, "Pain's Glory." With the first stages for his mission in place, he could finally return to Dathomir. Before leaving, hwoever, he contacted the warmaster via his private villip. The warmaster immediately responded.

"Sir, Vice-Admiral Yomin Carr reporting. I've initiated the first steps of my newest brainchild and I'm preparing to return to Dathomir."

"Excellent, you're intellect and inovative abilites once again astound me. I have a bit of news to share with you as well, but first, give me a status report on its construction."

"Yes sir. Already we have about 100 dovin basals laid, and we are quickly approaching our total of 10,000. At short range the system seems to work, and I know that because of the infidels new disorder, we can effectively use it to destroy them. I'd estimate a completion time of about 3 weeks. But so far, it is working and the target planet will be in range at the end of that time period."

"Excellent Carr, and now I have a surprise for you. The Jagged Coufee is now yours to command. I'm giving you a fleet to complement it as well. May the Creator and the Slayer aid you in your quest. Use them well Vice-Admiral."

"Thank you sir! I'll return to Dathomir at once to receive it."

The warmaster's visage disappeared, and a beaming Yomin Carr gave the order to procede towards Dathomir.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: YES!!!!!!!!!!

IC:

Mon Calamari
    Gallant II

Fleet Admiral Bravo stood at the view port of the ISDIII Gallant II. With out turning around, he spoke.

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "Captain?"

Captain Wilkins turned around from his command station to face Bravo.

Captain Wilkins: "Sir?"

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "What is the status of the patrol ships?"

Captain Wilkins: "They are all ready sir."

Flee Admiral Bravo: "Good, now it begins..."

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Olympus station

President Yarlik read the latest reports from Nova yards. All tests had confirmed the new defense weapon was ready to be installed. Should an attack occur the rams would merely jump to hyperspace directly at a ship. Hopefully tearing into it and exploding. But just to make sure the the parts of a TD(thermal detonator)have been installed onto the rams. Only problem the President could see is using them is that they probably wouldn't be entirely accurate. But either way the damage to a ship the size of an ISD would be great. 11 days he thought. Nova yards had done a great job with their work making them look like escape pods.

9. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    OOC: A perfect time for me to jump back in I think. :)

IC:

The formerly retired Admiral had now returned to the bridge, although not to a SSD's bridge, it would sufice. The ISDII Tyrant was put under his command after he had returned. He had aged slightly in the time that he was away, but he still had is edge in the hell that was war. After staring out the large windows in the bridge he finally decided to get underway. He turned around to survey his new crew.

"Take us out Mr. Gliven," he ordered.
    "My pleasure, sir," Mr. Gliven responded.

With that they were off, slowly moving out of the Shipyard and into space. No real destination as of yet. He turned back towards the window, and spoke generally, "Does the Grand Admiral have any orders for me?"
    "No messages sir," an officer responded.
    Hmm.. I just hope that I can get back in the action soon, I never should have retired.

TAG:GAJ

10. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Dathomir

Nithrak stepped away from the villip and stepped out to his grand balcony, overlooking the citadel. The previous night had been the first in many weeks that the Warmaster had slept peacefully. It was as if he was waking to a new beggining, or a new era...

A new era wasn't necessarily to far off base, considering Nithrak's plans for the future. Things had been going very well for the Yuuzhan Vong lately, dissent was high amongst the infidels, and the treaty appeared to be ready to break, if it hadn't done so already. And there were other considerations as well. Emperor Yun-Yammka, Lavos' creation, had yet to finish his jeedai hunt, or had done so and was on to other business, and Nithrak had put that trouble from his mind. More importantly, his implant had begun to heal, and, to prove he was not shamed, had received another implant. The Warmaster caressed his right forearm, where the razor sharp, 8 inch wrist claw had been implanted. The scar was glorious, a fitting tribute.

The Warmaster donned his armor, and made his way to the launch pad, where a shuttle would take him to his new command ship, the Grand Cruiser Ihn'd'fatigable or Indy as the crewers had grown fond of calling her. Though no Yuuzhan Vong vessels were exactly alike, the Indy was certainly a piece of art. The sharp, cone-shaped prow which widened into a massive rounded stern gave the ship the appearance of a stilleto, and, having been designed for the Warmaster, the shipgrowers had taken the liberty of squeezing on one or two extra plasma cannons as well as reinforcing the yorik coral hull around the vital areas. Long, curving spines of yorik coral arced forward, looking like massive, spindly fingers attempting to grasp the narrow prow were actually the hardpoints where coralskippers would dock. All in all, it was a beautiful ship. Easily as long as a SSD, and massing slightly more, it was more than a match for most things the infidels could throw at it.

Once on board, Nithrak headed for the bridge, and donned the cognition hood which would connect him to the yammosk deep within the bowels of the Indy. The living computer recognized him instantly and he knew then that painstaking care had been taken to assure that the yammosk was properly grown and attuned to the vessel. Nithrak may never have been aboard a finer ship.

After spending many hours on board, and completely satisfied with his new flagship, Nithrak returned to Dathomir to check on the status of his commanders, and await the arrival of Yomin Carr, who would take command of the Jagged Coufee.

((I'm going to track down stats for the Grand and other ships and post them in YVMF, plus an updated profile and the Modified Stealth Picket Ships I used in WotGII))

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Alright, so the trial never happened?

BTW, I'm very sick right now, so if I miss a day of posting, just wait for me, ok?

"Admiral AJ, please stand by. The HoloNet is apparentely down, and hypercomm signals are a bit iffy now. We'll have to fix this problem, and soon."

12. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    OOC: I don't quite know where we are backing up to...but I'll start at Mon Calamari, where I was before the trial took place. I'll post more later when I get a good grip on the situation.

13. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Nithrak...also please make a list of your ships...I grow tired of having to fight a never exhasting supply of Grand Cruisers...you guys pop those out faster than we can build picket ships.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: Yomin_Carr and I are still battleing it out about his attempt to kill me before the trial, so if I am online, and if Yomin_Carr is online, and we don't post, we are on PM, battleing it out.

TO ALL GM's:Read the Rebel Alliance Thread for new ship information.

The events with Mr. Green have been modified to happen before the trial.

Post takes place after the attack by the Yuuzhan Vong on me, and after my last post, I just posted here.

IC:
    Gallant II

Captain Wilkins was returning to his station, when Bravo snaped a quick question.

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "Wilkins, Jonesy, please come here."

The two officers slowly walked over to Bravo, Jonesy on the right, and Wilkins on the left, all staring into wild open space, from the bridge view port.

Admiral Jonesy: "Sir?"

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "What is the status of our smuggler friends?"

Admiral Jonesy: "They should arrive within the week."

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "Good. Wilkins, you have the job of making sure they arrive here, and no Yuuzhan Vong or Imperial travel them, understood?"

Captain Wilkins: "Yes sir, but why the Imperials?"

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "I trust Emperor Jello, I don't trust some of his officers. Lets say, I don't trust 2 of them, and 2 others...well lets say I am not sure about."

Captain Wilkins: "Yes sir."

High Admiral Cast walked onto the bridge. Officers stood at attation.

High Admiral Cast: "Fleet Admiral, Admiral, Captain."

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "Sir."

Admiral Jonesy: "Sir."

Captain Wilkins: "Sir."

The three officers shook hands with High Admiral Cast. The four of them turned and stared out into open space, Cast was on the right side of Admiral Jonesy.

High Admiral Cast: "What is the status of operation Swep the Door Step?"

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "On schudle sir. I have my first Squadron Base up and running, they will report here in 2 days sir."

Captain Wilkins: "The patrol ships are in postion, sir."

Admiarl Jonesy: "We have Wayland defences sir, and our first stage of this operation is almost done, sir."

High Admiral Cast: "Good, very good."

15. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Cast leaves the bridge and travels down to the officer's landing deck, where the Iron Pony awaits him. Instead of his sharp Admirals uniform, he was wearing his battle flight suit. So far, attacks had been made on many high ranking personel in the Alliance. Gerul Cast was not going to go down that way. He climbed up into his ship, and after talking with the bridge attendant, he blasted off, heading for the Petra. This ISDII had seen better days, her hull was still scarred from the beating she took over Bimmiel. The Techs at Mon Calamari had gone over her and reinforced her hull. They had also switched around several turbolaser batteries. They took out 8 medium batteries, and added 6 heavy. She glistened in the light of Mon Cal's primary as Gerul Cast flew straight towards her.

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OCC: Note, that I am changing events, the Mr. Green event has not happened yet.

IC:
    After High Admiral Cast left the Gallant II, and then headed torwards here ship, and then from her ship to Mon Calamari, Bravo felt a sense of ease amoung the crew. Although High Admiral Cast was a great commander and friend of Bravo, his crew always grew nervous amoung the High Admiral.

Fleet Admiral Bravo: "Perpare my ship, we are all going down to Mon Calamari."

Captain Wilkins: "Sir."

Bravo's Pride launched off the deck of the ISDIII Gallant II, and headed torwards Mon Calamari. Aboard was Bravo, Jonesy, Wilkins, Williams, Smith, and Jedi Master Ikrit.

Bravo's Pride landed right by High Admiral Cast's persoanl ship.

17. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    OOC: As per decree(sound official) I am making resignations impossible. From now on, you choose a faction and stick with it. Nomore switching sides. Okay, I'll be soft on this, don't make it a constant thing, like Ben_Skywalker, Jace, Kieran, etc.etc.

18. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Aboard Dobski's Flagship

"I want you to tell me everything you can about the YV," the human said, "I will not harm you."

Rokangus could not dtermine which was more suprising, the demand this Jeedai had just made of him, or his promise of good will. Compassion was not a trait he would have marked the jeedai with, but then again, as he heard the retreating steps of the guards, perhaps he had been mistaken. Then he remembered the jeedai's demand and managed a hoarse chuckle.

"You do me discredit if you think I would so easily betray my own kind," replied Rokangus, then his mood turned darker, "Besides I have already told you rebels most of what I know. But surely you must realize that none of the information i gave away is of any use to you. As soon as I was presumed dead by my brethren they would have chagned all of the codes and passwords for safety reasons. Unless you decide to ransom me, I am of no use to you alive."

The Jeedai cracked a wry grin, "You shouldn't demean your value so easily. Surely a Yuuzhan Vong Commander is worth more to us than mere chaff."

Rokangus narrowed his eyes in surprise, "Why did you bring me here. And speak plainly; not in your infidel double-speak."

Laughing the Jeedai nodded, "Very well, Vong. I am offering you a chance to defect to the Rebel Alliance."

To stunned to speak at first, Rokangus finally managed, "What?!"

"You heard correctly," the Jeedai commander continued, "By now surely you have realized you will never escape our custody alive. The greatest way for you to benefit is to join with us."

"Forgive me if I doubt your altruim, Jeedai," Rokangus sneered, "But I fail to see how I benefit from joining with the likes of you. And furthermore I truly fail to see how the rest of the alliance would accept me even if I did accept. Surely the Rebels would sooner slit my throat than allow me to fight beside them."

The Jeedai spread his hands in front of him, "Your doubts are not totally unfounded, Vong, but not you do me discredit. I would see to it that you befall no harm under my command. And you would benefit greatly. ONce more you will be able to regain your honor in combat. No longer will you be forced to wallow in your own shame."

The jeedai's words hit close to the mark, but still Rokangus insisted, "I will not fight my own brethren."

"You will not have to," the jeedai promised. "With the treaty with the Empire beginning to fall apart, we may soon face the empire again as enemies. They have been your enemies before, and I believe you are eager to fight them again."

Rokangus considered the jeedai's words, although his entire being screamed that it was utter blasphemy to join with these infidels. But...was he not already shamed beyond redemption. Was he not already a shamed one in the eyes of the Gods? How could he become even more damned. And a chance to bring down the Imperial infidels again...perhaps there was a way to regain some shred of honor, like the jeedai said? And fighting with the Rebels, he may have enough mobility to do just that. And despite the Jeedai's boasting, a chance to escape may come someday...

"I...I accept...your offer," Rokangus said with much difficulty, "I offer...my alliegence...to the Alliance."

Duh duh duuuuuuuuuh!! :eek:

EDIT: <Reads FID's post> Ah dangit! Screw it, I'm not changing that entire post. Just deal with it. [face_mischief]

Tag:AD

19. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Olympus

President Yarlik stood with a messenger ship's Captain and briefed him "Tell the Imperials their ship had a weapons malfunction, and fired on us. We retalliated in kind as it was seen as an act of aggression. We believe General Zaarin to have died in the incident. Got it?" he asked the Captain with an affirmative nod he spun on his heel and left aboard his vessel. Time for the President to make it look like they fired and to destroy the evidence.

OOC: No more defections. Last one.

20. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Yay! :D Thanks FID. ;)

21. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    OOC: Ok all, electricians are coming in to work on house tommorow and I have to go to blAst in the afternoon.... soo here is a post to cover me for a bit.

FID: HEY! When did I ever switch sides or defect? I never officially defected or resign. I just took my ship and left :p

Hyperspace

The Morian Fleet, now a distance away from Mon Calamari, sped on to their next designation.

Kieran had given orders for the continued construction of the new bases, and Moria Base was preparing the factory area to build warheads.

((Not that I need any more warheads after all those shipments I stole.... or that I couldn't buy them..... but hey, I am a Pirate... I have to be stingy :) ))

22. AnakinDobski

AnakinDobski Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Dobski was very pleased at the decision. He had told the defector that there would be no problems and he was going to prove it. Right in front of the Ex-Perfect he turned on the comm. He told all Rebels in the fleet if they had any problem working with a Ex-YV then they where to come talk to him so he could get them out of his fleet. He then told the New Rebel to go to his newly assigned cabin to get some rest and to regain his strength.AD

23. Link_the_Jedi

Link_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2002
    The Counterpoint the former ship of the now bodiless Dark Lord of the Sith Budaki, soared out of hyperspace a few lightyears from Eriadu.

"This is the last stop before Eriadu Link," Naha said, she stood up from the pilot's chair, her large, pregnant belly in plain view. She was nearing the time when she would give birth, and she feared that time, for it was Budaki's child. "I have to punch in some coordinates, and then we'll be on our way." She got no answer. "Link?" She called.

She walked down the hall and saw a blue light coming from Link's room. She opened the door and beheld Link, entranced by Budaki's holocron.

"It was at this time that I chose Morgoth for my base of operations, and took the native populace into my grip. They were not very advanced, barely to the level of exploring thier own system. They took me to be a God, from one of their myths. I played along, and gained their allegiance. I then shaped them into a more lethal and efficient form. There was a great variety of life on the planet, dangerous organisms to be found nearly everywhere. I shaped these as well, creating all manner of beasts for my purposes. Chief among them was my FIVE DARK ONES, the Zazgun."

"LINK!" Naha shouted. "What are you doing?"

Link was startled, he deactivated the holocron, the blue image of Budaki disappearing. "Don't you see Naha? The only way to beat this guy is to learn his secrets. Now this world of his, this Morgoth, is more heavily defended than any world that I read about back on Yavin. I doubt the whole Galactic Alliance could even find it, much less penetrate its defenses!"

"Link, i don't like you looking at that holocron. In fact, i don't like this ship, it is eerie."

"Don't be scared Naha, I will protect you."

"That's not as comforting as it used to be." An alarm sounded in the cockpit, the two rushed to see what it was. "Two ships are coming out of hyperspace a few hundred kilometers away, i can't ID them, they don't have any standard identification of any type."

There was a crackling of static on the comm, "GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!" a voice hissed.

"Who is this?" Link shouted.

Several blasts skipped off the hull of the Counterpoint "GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!!"

"I'm going to man the gun turrets!" Link shouted. Just as he did a blue blast from one of the ships struck the craft, and the lights dimmed.

"They hit us with an Ion blast!" Naha cried. Link went back to the cockpit, Naha had her face in her hands, and she was sobbing hysterically. There was a screeching sound towards the back of the ship, followed by a large thud. "They're going to break in! They're going to take my baby!"

Link drew his sword, "Stay behind me."

24. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Dathomir

15 Heavy Assault Cruisers approached Dathomir, a dark power contained in one. They passed towards the green ball in the distance, a small asteroid field of coral. A tiny shuttle disembarked and proceded towards a small planetoid in the distance. The shuttle flew over the planetoid, proceding over mountains and ridges, into valleys, over and under arches, until it finally halted. A tendril extended from the planetoid drawing the shuttle into a gaping maw. Once secured, the shuttle opened, and a lone passenger disembarked. He strode through the caves of the planetoid, until he reached the bridge of the grand cruiser. He nodded to the officer formerly in command of the ship, and then proceded to the tactical room of the Jagged Coufee, one of the best in the entierity of Yuuzhan Vong space. The former commanding officer turned to a villip officer.

"Inform the warmaster that the Vice-Admiral has arrived."

25. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    OOC: OK, gonna do this right this time...

IC: Veng C'mano's flagship, the Interdictor Cruiser Maggie, appeared out of hyperspace in the space above Eriadu. He checked the chrono and noticed he had appeared a few days earlier than Captain Fairdream. Good, that means I can surprise her with her negotiations.

"Sir, traffic control is contacting us." The comunication ops said.

"Put it on the bridge." the high general said.

"This is Eriadu traffic control, please present your identifications and affiliation or be destroyed."

"Comm ops, sned them our identificaion under a blue[CSA non-hostile] flag. I am the High General of the Corporate Sector authority, you are scheduled to meet one of my ambassadors/captains tommorrow standard time, I wished to meet her here early, but it seems I've come too early. We are non-hostile, please allow us to orbit until my ambassador appears."

[[this is all for if the whole thing where you asked MissJaina to come and play ambassador thing still stands. Of course, that War council bit will be nice to know about.]]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.