main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG: The New GM War Council

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    The Imperials are getting help as it is.

Why don't we just toss the coin, and let the game finish however the skills of either side dictate? Or are we all too scared to leave it to skill?

2. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Becuase when you leave it to "skill" which is a rather ephermal concept in a simming RPG, especially with so many ships at once, you end up with arguements and hissy fits.

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    How about we fight both battles at the same time?

4. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Nah, then we dont get to end with everyone at the final battle.

5. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    Not everyone plans to be there, anyways.

We'll never get an agreement on who should win, and doing it "democratically" will definately treat one party unfairly, due to evident biases.

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Which is why we are lucky to have 3 GMs deciding the eventual fate, with the WOTG populations contributions being nothing more then opinions that can have some or no impact on the GMs decision.

They'll decide how best to end this without the myriad nuances of luck, chance and ego trying to interfere in a manner that may potentially wreck the ending of an excellent game/ chapter. (Dependent on any continuation of the franchise)

7. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    Ugh.

//Cusses every player who did not elect him as a GM...//

//Exasperated sigh...//

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I was able to find out the exact date when the Imperial Navy was created. It was created the same day General_Veers joined the JC.

07/01/01

So thats how old WOTG is.

9. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I think it would be best to have the Imps attack Dathomir, render planet uninhabitable, and then have a group of Yuuzhan Vong ships (preferably led by a PC instead of an NPC, but whatever) come to Dathomir, see the destruction, see the ruins of the warmaster's citadel, etc. and get really mad. They go to Coruscant and interrupt the Imperial victory celebration and then fight.

Or whatever.

10. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I think it would be best to have the Imps attack Dathomir, render planet uninhabitable, and then have a group of Yuuzhan Vong ships (preferably led by a PC instead of an NPC, but whatever) come to Dathomir, see the destruction, see the ruins of the warmaster's citadel, etc. and get really mad. They go to Coruscant and interrupt the Imperial victory celebration and then fight.

Or whatever.

11. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Sits contentedly and reads Master Plan 001 ;)

I haven't even thought of what I'll be in the sequel...

EDIT: Did you guys made any progress with the brain-storming chat session you mentioned a week ago? Or did I miss it?

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I know not of it, but considering my relatively distorted perceptions of the past week of exams this wouldn't be unprecedented.

I await a GM decision on the end irregardless.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    In the meantime...I have been thinking of revising the WOTG Bible to make it easier to read and easier on the n00bs.

I've decided also that a FAQ is in order...So if any of you have any ideas on questions feel free to suggest away!

14. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    In addition to the FAQ, probably a guide to the craft, weapons, species etc. that has been created over the past two years would be useful.

For the FAQ, abbreviations. Ie: Cast-Class Star Destroyers (CSD).

15. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Agreed, even I am slowly losing track of the various ship types, their armaments and capabilities.

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thats going to require a website then. There's just too much information on all the tech and such to put it into the bible.

17. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    We have talked about a website before. It might be good if one, or more, of us took it upon themselves to create a website that had EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about WOTG as well as the streamlined version. Also, if it was a website, it could be made into a downloadable HTML file that WOTGers could store on their computers and access whether or not they were on-line.

Good or no-good?

~ DS5

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It could be done. It'd just take a little time, is all.

19. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    not only time, but dedication as well...and an eye for detail while were at it.

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I do know of an RPing related website that hasn't been used for some time...hint hint Mitth and Jello. ;)

21. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Just make the NooB's go hunting through the old WOTG chapters to find the stuff. That's what i was forced to do, and now i have almost every ship that we've designed on record. Unless the empire has a ship or two i dont know about(but doubtfull).

i know i wont have the time to make the website myself, but then again, i have the information. So whom ever needs to do it, can just ask me first for some of the stats.

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I have too many projects in front me right now. The RPF banner, a b-day gift I promised Jello, Survivor, the WOTG map, the WOTG Bible, and my nation's flag. So I won't be able to get to any website for some time.

23. Advenger

Advenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    Excuse me for interupting,

Can someone explain why I'm being tagged at geonosis?

Thankyou for your time.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Oh that tag at Geneosis was open to any rebels who wanted to respond to what I and JYA were doing there. But c_1 responded so you dont need to worry about it.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    See IMPORTANT MESSAGE thread for further details...

I am appointing cavilier_one as my temporary GM replacement for the duration that I am gone. You all will obey his rulings and respect his judgements. I have chosen c_1 because I believe he can make reasonable, logical, and fair rulings for all parties involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.