1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive WOTG: The New GM War Council

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ghast Jedi Master

star 2
    Jello: post your own reply for Beltane at Balmorra. I'm not your mother and he's not my NPC. I've been avoiding using him so you could use him against my Senator Cantrell character. It's your planet, you don't need an invitation to address me or their Senate. Jeez.....

//rolleyes.....

I'm getting especially tired of people changing these Force powers around to suit themselves. It really screws with the Force-based characters who don't seem to have much to say in here at all. Well I'm sick of it.

As the longest standing Force-based PC, it screws with me especially. A definition of powers is great. Very handy. Don't get me wrong. But a definition of powers as used in this game should be the norm. Not a definition of powers as played in an average WEG RPG. It's is simply unfair to change the nature of powers which, for a long time now, have stood and not been called for GMing. To change things simply to put characters on a more equal standing when some of us have worked bloody hard to get where are is utterly ludicrous.

How about we decide it's better for the game if NR becomes an anarchic state? DS5: Your character is out of a job. Deal with it. Work around it.

How about we decide that the Vong worldships are actually quite fragile? Yomin: Your character's fleets will be wiped in every space battle they face. Deal with it. Work around.

How about we decide that the Falleen actually can't live in oxygen-rich environments? P-o-T: Better get Lavos a breath mask. Deal with it.

How about we decide that a cetain Grand Admiral never recovered from the massive wounds he suffered in an asassination attampt and is a quadraplegic mute? Jello: Work around it. Deal with it.

Sure, all extreme examples but you get the idea. When you change things that are intrinsic to a character's development and attitude, you have to change the entire character to deal with it. I'd really appreciate some consistency on GM calls around here. I dig playing this game but it seems like playing fairly is more than half th battle, most of which takes place out of the game thread.

[face_plain]
  2. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Actually Ghast, Lavos is only half Falleen, so it wouldn't affect him as severely.. ;)

I do understand your complaints, and they are fair enough, but please try and bear with we GM's - whom aren't Mods, and therefore are still mortal - and sometimes yes, we make mistakes.

We will always strive to better our standard of GameMastering, and I think on the whole we get most of it right.
    I know some decisions have not been the best, I do not apologise, I only promise to continue our attempts to improve.

To my fellow GM's, if you could PM me with times and dates that you are free in the next week, I think it would be beneficial if we set up another meeting.

Regards,

The fatigued yet determined GM,

Protégé of Thrawn
  3. Jace_Halycron Jedi Master

star 4
    Wildwookiee posted:
    GAJ, I know that a GM or assist GM ruling is it, but I believe that Bravo's use of force lightning was good. He wasn't fighting a person, he was just trying to fill out his charicter...and if you have read Star by Star, you know that Jaina uses force lightning...and she never tried to develop it. I would say that in heated moments, high emotional time, that one's force powers...especially Dark Side energy, would encrease...I hereby offer this up

This isn't the NJO book line, nor Star By Star. In WotG we follow my Force System. You have my ruling, and Bravo has my justification. Issue closed.

Dark Side powers
    Emotion Adds 2 points to all darkside skills, learned or not...but this only lasts one post per day...example. Luke Skywalker beat Darth Vader back while enraged...Vader couldn't keep up with Luke because he was drawing on the force and it was, like Obi Wan said, Controlled his actions. I would say that any charicter that would enter rage would be able to Grip, Lightning, or Throw the intermediary Sith skills, just for, like I said, one post per day. The Aforementioned Jaina shooting Lightning would be another example.

Light Side

Concentration
    Again, can only be used once a day, one post. Adds 2 points to Light Side powers. It would increase your skills such as Healing, Defense, Deflect Blaster and any other core Light side skills. Anakin fighting till the end, working even though he was mortally wounded in Star by Star. Luke calling to Leia from acrossed the planet when he's hanging upside down from Cloud City.

I have already added a Concentration skill for the Battlemaster class, did I not? And other skills are being added/refined.

Jello posted:
    WW: It's a good idea but I have a few problems. I don't think all skills should be magnified--after all, an enraged Jedi is a sloppy one. The Dark Side already has Rage and Hatred. If Emotion is be implemented, it should not effect all skills--just ones related to anger. After all, Luke didn't get Farseeing, did he? The increase in power should also reflect the person's Force rank. An Apprentice should not get Master level powers.

The same should be true for this Concentration.

You cannot develop skills without following the research and development over two weeks dictated in my system. Concentration - or any other skill for that matter - will only slightly increase one's mastery over a given skill that can be mastered through mental concentration. In such Force Lightning (for example) would not increase.

And for my final ruling on the matter, the Force skill of Hate, and Ghast's use of it are approved. Non-negotiable.

Really irritated, tired, and lonely; but trying to help you people nonetheless...
    ~ Jace
  4. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm getting especially tired of people changing these Force powers around to suit themselves. It really screws with the Force-based characters who don't seem to have much to say in here at all. Well I'm sick of it.

my NPC can't even touch the force...how does it help me? Notice, my suggestion has consiquences to using it...you either become an Exar Kun...and destroy yourself, or you become an older Yoda...refusing to use the force for attack, and banishing yourself to a world to contemplate the force, and to wait for the day that you can train one under you. This also allows for the Dark side users to be reedeemed, or the Light side users to fall to the dark side. That is what intruigued me.

I didn't mean to start a debate, and some of you have some pretty passionate responses. This was not somthing that I wanted to setup to boost power...it was setup to affect the Jedi's entire life. After using one of these powers, it can, YES help you grow...those points go right back where they came from after your post, but you edge yourself to the everpresent destruction that lies on either side of the spectrum of the force. I thought it would be great for a Plot development tool like Bravo was doing, and might I say, even though it was the longest post in the known universe, it was very thought out and well written...unlike many of our own, which focuses on what and who we're fighting...not always trying to develop charicters, to show internal as well as external struggles, to show passion of Love, Hate, Whimsy (PoT and his Hokey Pokey), Bigotry, Radicalism, Depression...all sorts of things. that is all.
  5. Darth_Ghast Jedi Master

star 2
    Wildwookiee: I saw that aspect of your suggestion (the "drawn fo opposing forces" thing) and I liked it. I think it's a great idea and something I'm working towards myself in a coming arc.

But what I was getting at was more a consistency to the Force usage. Like setting a precedent and leaving it to see what happens for a little while. The Force is a major part of my character, it can't be denied. It can be more than a little frustrating to have changes handed down "for the good of the game" that only effect Emperor Ghast. How can the changing of the Sith Master power of Hate (that only I possess atm) from an emotional destabiliser/invigorator to a physical blast of energy gonna change the game greatly?

It's gonna stop me from encouraging lots of faceless citizens at once to hate a few people who want to be liked.

And I fail to see how that benefits the entire game.

edit 1 - I dunno....maybe I'm just raving and not making sense to anyone at all.

:(
  6. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Well first of all, I have to thank Wildwookie. Although I have been reading all these posts, I have not yet replied until now. Now, POT, DarthSeti5, Yomin_Carr, and Darth_Ghast know what is happening to me right now and what will happen to me in the next month or two. Now, going off of that, I have nothing to really lose. So, although I am going along with the ruling, although I strongly disagree with it, I have made my own choice. My choice is this:

Although I will go along with this ruling, I strongly disagree with it. For my following posts, although a GM could say that that can't happen for every single one, my character and the NJO will still be going off that meeting when I used Force Lighting, although I can never use it again, inless I learn it.
  7. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Dang it! Ran out of edit time. Well, since I can't edit that, I'll have to post twice in a row. [face_shocked]

Any ways, I need a tag from a GM. I have one post that I posted last night, and I need two tags from a GM, and maybe one more coming up here soon.
  8. Jace_Halycron Jedi Master

star 4
    Although I will go along with this ruling, I strongly disagree with it. For my following posts, although a GM could say that that can't happen for every single one, my character and the NJO will still be going off that meeting when I used Force Lighting, although I can never use it again, inless I learn it.

Bravo, I said the use of that skill is nullified. Try using something else that you have at your level. Please do not ignore me. You cannot change rulings to your benefit.
  9. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Bravo, I said the use of that skill is nullified. Try using something else that you have at your level. Please do not ignore me. You cannot change rulings to your benefit.

The GM has spoken. Alrightly then, but it wasn't going to benefit me, it was going to hurt me. WOTG just lost a great plot change. [face_plain]
  10. Jace_Halycron Jedi Master

star 4
    Try getting to Knight-level, then it can have its "plot change". Although WotG is not suffering from a Darksider deficit. If anything, a Lightside deficit is showing.
  11. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    it's an inbalance...a great show of tension before release
  12. Jace_Halycron Jedi Master

star 4
    I know. I also know that I have the only (active) Light Knight.
  13. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I know. I also know that I have the only (active) Light Knight.

You are wrong there. This the complete list of my NJO, which has been so for 1 RL month.

Jedi Master Ikrit
    Jedi Master Plett
    17 Jedi Knights (Plett's former students)
    Padawan Jason Bravo
    Padawan Kyp Durron
    2 Padawans (Josh and Jenny)
    Total: 23 Jedi
  14. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Bravo, Plett and his 'students' have not yet been approved as NPCs.

His students are not at Knight level at any rate, but Padawan at most.

Remember you can only have 4 Active NPCs, so those numbers can only be used for plot, or window dressing.

eg.

We are told that the NJO has roughly a thousand Jedi at the start, but we only see roughly 20.

Well, if you have about 20 of these 'Jedi' then we of the RP will only ever see 4 - as NPCs.

That is of course, if and when you submit a request to Jace for approval of your numbers and NPC's, and he DOES approve.

Also, I am still waiting on a reply from my fellow GM's. When are you available for a meeting? Obviously with my timezone I will need to see your availability so I can cater to it.
    Reply via PM is acceptable, but several confidential issues have been raised by some users, and it is imperative that I speak with both of you ASAP.

Thank you for your time,

Regards, the increasingly cynical GM,

Protégé of Thrawn.
  15. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    I was looking at Pierce's records, and I think that he should be a knight. He trained under his grandfather who took left on exile. Pierce has had the training, but he's got a theology problem with the force...such as there's not a light side, nor a dark side...only understanding and intent.
  16. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Speak to Jace or perhaps PM him. He shall give you a fair hearing.
  17. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    I still need 2 tags from a GM. Although I tagged Yomin, he is rather a busy bee right now, so if any GM can tag me, that would be great. :)

Here are the approved stats of my Galaxy Defender. DarthSeti5 approved these stats about 3-4 weeks ago.

---Name: Jedi's Hope
    ---Class: Galaxy Defender
    ---Length: 3,800 Metres
    ---Crew: 20,858 (Can be increased to 50,000)
    ---Skeleton Crew: 5,000
    ---Skeleton Crew 2: none
    ---Atmospheric Speed: Cannot Enter Atmosphere
    ---Manoeuvrability: 4D
    ---Shields: 12575
    ---Hull: 9898
    ---Engines: Galaxy Defender
    ---Sublight Speed: 8 Space Units
    ---Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1
    ---Hyperdrive Backup: Class 2
    ---Reactor Core: Galaxy Defender (Powerful enough to run a SSD)
    ---Backup Reactor Core: Galaxy Defender
    ---Shields Reactor Core: Unknown
    ---Weapons:

240 Heavy Turbolasers (80 Front, 80 Left, 80 Right, 50 Aft)

290 AG-2G QUAD LASER CANNONS (80 Front, 80 Left, 80 Right, 50 Aft)

240 BORSTEL NK-7 ION CANNONS (80 Front, 80 Left, 80 Right, 50 Aft)

230 ARAKYD ST2 CONCUSSION RACKS (80 Front, 80 Left, 80 Right, 40 Aft)

190 KRUPX MG7 PROTON TORPEDO LAUNCHERS (50 Front, 50 Left, 50 Right, 40 Aft)

19 PHYLON Q7 TRACTOR BEAM PROJECTORS (7 Front, 4 Left, 4 Right, 4 Aft)

750 MERR-SONN DEFENDER ION MINES

450 CONNER SHIP SYSTEMS 3HX3 TIMER MINES

(Note that FREI-TEK CL-3 ANTISTARFIGHTER CLUSTER BOMBS cover the ship, just like the Mon Calamari MC80B does)

---Starfighter complement: 10 Starfighter Squadrons (Note that if TIE racks are added, the vessel can carry two more squadrons. Also note, that each ship carries different squadrons.)

Standard:
    6 X-Wing II squadrons
    2 B-Wing/E2 squadrons
    1 Y-Wing Squadron
    1 A-Wing Squadron

TIE Racks:

1 Y-Wing Squadron
    1 B-Wing Squadron

OR

2 TIE Interceptor Squadrons

---Support Craft: Unknown
    ---Troop Capacity:
    12,000 Troops (Can be increased)
    100 Republic Royal Guard
    Muliptipal special operation teams
    30 AT-ATs
    50 AT-STs
    Various Ground Vehicles
    1 Pre-fabricated Garrison Base
    ? Probe Droids

---Cargo: 108,000 Metric Tons
    ---Consumables: 4 Years
    ---Personnel: Jedi, elite commando teams, elite starfighter pilots, elite crewers
    ---Passengers: Jedi, close friends
    ---Special Abilities: The reactor cores are scaled down and take up less room and they produce more power. The ship has more then one reactor core. These vessels also have more then enough room for extra crew, soldiers, starfighters, and supplies. These vessel have virus programs and securty programs in her reactor and computer cores. Also, the ship has very heavy securty.
    ---Accessories:

200 4X-PHANTOM SHORT-RANGE SENSOR JAMMERS
    200 KUAT DRIVE YARDS 200-SIG TACTICAL COMBAT SENSORS
    100 CHEDAK FREQUENCY AGILE SUBSPACE TRANSCEIVERS
    1 SOROSUUB HOLOGRAM PROJECTION PODS (Holonet Transceiver)
    100 BACTA TANKS
    30 MON CALAMARI SHIELD GENERATORS
    3 GYMS
    2 POOLS
    1 Jedi Teaching Room (Classroom)
    1 Jedi Training Room (For classroom stuff)
    4 Jedi Training Rooms (Smaller training rooms, for one on one and or two on two duels)
    1 Jedi Meditation Room (Is mostly a glass dome, that looks out into space. The dome is retractable, and is only in use, during non-combat situtations. The dome is also shielded and has its own retractable hull plating.)
    2 Hanger Bays
    2 Bridges (The secondary bridge is used if the main bridge is knocked out. The secondary bridge is located towards the middle of the ship.)
    1 Diplomatic Level (Has securty messures etc. If in danger and or for the ship's own safty, the Diplomatic Level can be ejected into space. This level has its own life support, ketchen, etc.)
    4 Firing Ranges
  18. Dy-Lin-Wolfe Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Will people please join the Galactic Universe RPG? We nned a GM. And a lot of people. Please join
  19. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Dy-Lin-Wolf: Please don't advertise your game in other people's games.

Bravo: "Here are the approved stats of my Galaxy Defender. DarthSeti5 approved these stats about 3-4 weeks ago."

So why do you keep posting these over and over again in the Small Factions thread and now in here? ?[face_plain]
  20. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    So why do you keep posting these over and over again in the Small Factions thread and now in here?

I never posted this one before. All the ones in the smaller fractions thread are different, like my troops and modified/upgraded starfighters. This one is not an simple upgrade where I could make in my hangers, this takes GM approval, since its a captial ship over a certian length. Even though I already got GM approval, this is the place where you post any and all captial ships, over a certian length, stats.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    PoT is half Falleen? [face_shocked] Well, you learn new things every day...

Alright heres something for GM approval. In my -DarthVader- post, I have Vader sparring with a clone in Phase 3 Dark Trooper armor. I reasoned that there were a few sets remaining on Coruscant, and that I could have picked them up when I grabbed Phase 2 ones from the Throne Room in WOTGII.

Vader's training with them is irrelevant, but he wants to equip all the elite clones with Phase 3 armor. They are obviously low in number, so it might be possible.

I'm asking for GM approval. If yes, Jello will approve of it. If no, Jello will tell Vader it costs too much.

By the way, I'm leaving to go camping and won't be back until Monday. I request that all plot threads involving me be frozen until I return (which would have to happen due to tags)./>
  22. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    Falleen? Hmmm... this has possibilities... [face_devil]

Anyway, because the next few days are an American holiday weekend, I ask that everyone take the RP a little more laid-back until Monday, just to allow those going out of town time to reply to posts, etc. Don't stop, but don't be ready to kill someone if they don't post every few minutes. Thanks :)
  23. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    I, as a member of the role-play am announcing my protest against this uber-superweapon PoT has in store for the NR in the RP. This is even a secret from our own GM! All he can say about this is "I don't know" I was always under the impression that the GM's weren't above the rules, and clearly in this case they are for they won't even publicly have this weapon approved. Yes, this isn't real-life, but all members, including the GM's should respect the rules which have been laid down. I also thought it was proper form to have weapons approved before they were actually used? And in this case, it isn't. It was approved in secret. So I ask you, if the GM's didn't rerspect their rules before, why should they ever? I'm tired of this cloak and dagger BS, this isn't real-life, this is an RP, that is about enjoyment above all else, but apparently there are members who aren't enjoying themselves, and this is just one more reason why I respectfully ask that you, PoT, post the stats before you use your superweapon.

I have some quotes just to let you know how isolated and secret this plan is. I don't care if it's IC secret, this BS has got to stop, it's happened EVERY time during this RP, and the NR usually ends up getting the shaft because the YV and GE GM's thought it'd be 'funny' to make us look like fools.

Bloodynose223 [10:45 PM]: Well at least not from me. I'm the one who has to deal with everything and all I can tell people is: "I don't know."

T SHARK 222 [10:41 PM]: In this case (and in several others involving members of the NR, I might add) we have been asked for approval and asked to keep it secret until they use it against another faction, so it remains a "secret" weapon until they utilize it. And when they use it they must immediately post its full summary in the WC. In cases such as this, the weapon/tech is subject to harsher scrutiny than a normal tech when posted because people usually are a little more enraged. Trust me, if you find anything wrong with PoT's weapon when he uses it, I will immediately nullify it and everything that had to do with it, and formally apologize to the NR, in addition to providing some sort of bonus to the NR (finding some way to justify IC the addition of many, many armadas) Please trust my judgement on the matter, and PoT's as well. PM PoT if you'd like... but really, that's all I can give you. :(

And I have asked PoT, for the stats, and he gave me the smug reply along the lines of "I will not tell my enemy my plans, especially a non-GM." Just for your information, so if any NR member is tired of the BS, please, post here and let them know. I'm seriously sick of this crap! And I hope some, if not all RP'ers are sick of this too. All the GM's are supposed to agree on everything, especially concerning this, but apparently they haven't consulted our GM. Again, please, if you feel the same way I do, let them know. I hope there are some out there.

Note to PoT: Nothing personal, but you really need to get your act together, and fast, and start obeying the rules that were set in place.
  24. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    FID, I don't want to have to ban you over this. I don't care how enraged you are, the rules are clear. Take this and keep it in PMs and/or AIM. No matter how you feel, there is protocol to keep in mind.

The GMs are here for complaints, if you have one lodge it with one of us via PM. If you already have, send another. If you want a petition so be it, but keep it out of our thread. I am very, very, sorry for you and everyone else who are in the dark. But this is not the way. Do this within the rules or be prepared to face the consequences.
  25. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    I think the people who are affected by the rules have a right to know how their GM's act. Oh and I'am not keeping this to PM. I told PoT exactly what I would do about this, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to any of you, no matter how out of line you think I'am.

I'am giving a deadline to you, inform DS5 on your lame idea, PoT, or I'll keep this up. 48 hours should be sufficient. If you respect your position, and the rules, you will abide by them now, even if you didn't before.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.