main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG: The New GM War Council

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Anyone who has a problem with this should PM their complaints to me (or PoT if you so desire), and I will respond to you as quickly as I can. All I can offer you besides a response is an apology.

2. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    FID, please drop this. This is your last warning. I will not let this thread become a free-for-all. If I let this go unnoticed what's next? No, this ends here. Leave this alone or I will have to ban you. I'm sorry, but that is the rule. I have bent it far more than I normally would but it will bend no further. Please drop this.

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Fair enough, do what you have to. And I shall do what I have to. Inform the members of our faction at least of how their GM is acting behind the scenes. No offense, nothing personal either, just informing ya.

4. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Proper Protocol for Using the War Council and the Game Masters:

Welcome to the War Council. This is the final body of judgment and closure in WOTG. However this is not your personal play-toy it is the GM's ( ;) ), there are a few rules for using the WC:

1) Any minor problem should be dealt with between the two(or more) parties involved. The GMs kindly ask that minor problems be solved by themselves. The GMs are a passive authority in the RPG and shouldn?t be treated as micromanagers.

2) If there is a problem that cannot be solved between two(or more) parties, send a PM to one of the Game Masters. They will attempt to mediate the problem. It is encouraged that you accept any ruling given by said GM. They may send you their ruling via PM, post it in the WC, or both.

3) If you have a problem with any ruling given by a GM, you may send an inquiry to one of the other GMs, however this is generally not encouraged and you may be rebuffed. If you are rebuffed, stop. Move on. It?s an RPG. And bannings may ensue if you push things to far.

4) If you have an urgent or pressing matter that must be brought not only to the GMs attention, but also to all RPers attention, you may make on post in the WC. A GM will then decide on the matter.

5) In rare occasions, a GM may open the WC floor to a debate on a subject. However, RPers may not start a debate on the WC floor. If you take the initiative to start one, you can also take a twenty-four to forty-eight hour ban.

6) The War Council is also the place to post Research & Development ideas to be approved. Simply put your ship, weapon, etc., into a readable format and post away. But please do not post more than once. If you feel that a GM may have missed it, PM them.

7) One of the main purposes for the War Council is the posting of GM ANNOUCEMENTS. They will be tagged by something like that. It is in your best interest to read all GM Announcements as they are usually important. Usually. ;)

8) The cardinal rule of the WC is don?t post here unless you have a really good reason.

9) The cardinal rule of the GM?s is don?t bother them unless you have a really good reason

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    This is well beyond some minor problem.

6) The War Council is also the place to post Research & Development ideas to be approved. Simply put your ship, weapon, etc., into a readable format and post away. But please do not post more than once. If you feel that a GM may have missed it, PM them.

7) One of the main purposes for the War Council is the posting of GM ANNOUCEMENTS. They will be tagged by something like that. It is in your best interest to read all GM Announcements as they are usually important. Usually.

8) The cardinal rule of the WC is don?t post here unless you have a really good reason.

9) The cardinal rule of the GM?s is don?t bother them unless you have a really good reason

All or most of these have been bent or broken by PoT as well. So I think my grievence has a right to be here.

Also, I will stop with the open protesting, but I will keep at this in private if I must. I'm not taking this as seriously as some of you think, but the GM's are supposed to be unfied in their decisions, they weren't very unified in this case, were they?

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I might be leaving and all, but I have to agree with FID on this one.

7. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    And I have asked PoT, for the stats, and he gave me the smug reply along the lines of "I will not tell my enemy my plans, especially a non-GM." Just for your information, so if any NR member is tired of the BS, please, post here and let them know. I'm seriously sick of this crap! And I hope some, if not all RP'ers are sick of this too. All the GM's are supposed to agree on everything, especially concerning this, but apparently they haven't consulted our GM. Again, please, if you feel the same way I do, let them know. I hope there are some out there.

This has always been allowed. No reason it should be stopped, now.

I'am giving a deadline to you, inform DS5 on your lame idea, PoT, or I'll keep this up. 48 hours should be sufficient. If you respect your position, and the rules, you will abide by them now, even if you didn't before.

Yomin already knows (or so he said). Just because you want the New Republic GM to know is your own perogative; not imperatory. [face_plain]

Oh, and DS5: Stop with the warnings, and please do something. Seriously. Two warnings? Oye... :confused:

8. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    On a completly unrealted note, the new edition of the Galactic Map will be up in a few days.

It's going to look very sophisticated :D

So anyone who does not have specific new planets, bases etc. that currently are not on the map, please PM in the next two days.

Goes back to work slaving over map...

9. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    This has always been allowed. No reason it should be stopped, now.

Plans, yes, but keeping weapon stats and all secret and having them approved in secret without the third GM knowing is downright ridiculous.

10. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    I must say, I concur with FID in all respects regarding the superweapon and its information distribution.

11. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    I was giving warnings because the situation of inflamed at the time and a banning made in the heat of an argument may have been ill advised. But the argument continues. This stops now.

FID, you're banned for twenty-four hours from this date-stamp. Non-negotiable. I asked you not to continue. I'm sorry.

Everyone else, if you have a problem that you feel a GM needs to address PM it to one of us and we will take care of it. Your devotion to a misguided sense of truth is admirable, but not necessary.
    "Things fall apart; The center cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
    "

Things do fall apart, but sometimes they only seem to fall apart. The truth is subjective; the truth is sometimes what it appears to be and sometimes what we would want it to be and at all times what it is. In this case the truth is not what it appears and that is all I can tell you.

12. Gohan

Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    I, frankly, think what PoT is doing is quite acceptable. In the GFFA, do you see the NR and GE Intelligence sharing information with each other? Hell no!

If we had to let everyone know of our plans, this RP would quickly suck. That is all.

13. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Gohan, and everyone else, just stop. The reason why this information is not being shared is for plot purposes. That is all I can say for now. This is not all of your personal dumping grounds for general thoughts and ideas.

14. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm posting here to reply to what DS5 said, see I heard rumblings from higher ups that this was technology based and not based on plot, had anyone bothered to inform me earlier that this was not technology based I would have saved DS5 the trouble of arguing the point.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I am still waiting for a reply from the GM's, two of them. If no GM replies by tonight, I will just tag myself.

16. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    uh... formal apology for everyone that was in contact with any of my characters. I've been on a plane and in a hotel for two weeks, or a little less. Juno's pissed at me and Syrix is gone... er... Apologies to them. uh... ANy questions? I left an excuse for my absence in the Smaller factions thread...

17. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    For the consideration of the Game Masters

I put here for the GM's to decide, whether Anakin Dobski's PC(Anakin Dobski) should be dead or alive. Please read mine and cavalier_one's post regarding Sump, to address this matter.

Whatever decision you decide, I will abide by.

Sincerely,
    Commander Baron_Fel,
    YVMF

18. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I would like to refute AD's post about my torpedoes...

1) Why would there be a swarm of fighters in the back of a fleet, and even if there were 9 squadrons...how could they take out 100 Torpedoes...

2) AD was taken by surprise, his fleet knowing nothing about the ambush behind him. The fleet insystem was feeding them targeting information...somthing that is not new. When the BSD reverted, it immediately launched it's first volley, followed seconds later by it's second...400 Torpedoes shooting strait at the JSD from 2 klicks off.

3) Response time, location of attack and just plain surprise again...I believe that MOST of my Torpedoes would have gotten through...and even 400 Torpedoes is overkill, just over half of those...and that's being nice to AD and saying that he had luck on his side, would be more than enough to light that JSD up like a candle, hulling it all the way through, and causing collateral damage on other ships.

I also contend that he would not have time to attack my BSD before it got a third and fourth Volley off at the SSD, being as, again, they were already targeted from the in system fleet AND any gunner on that SSD would be blinded by the flash of over 400 Torpedoes being detonated in his immediate vicinity...I ask for a little ruling on common sense here.

19. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    May I also add to WW's complaint with the Dobski post, that Dobski is always saying his JSDs are more powerful and larger than a SSD, yet now a SSD just swings in and somehow tractors this huge JSD. MAJOR physics problems there. So much energry would have to be diverted to the engines and tractor beams to get a hold on it and move it significantly, the SSD would never be able to survive the escape.

20. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    May I also add to WW's complaint with the Dobski post, that Dobski is always saying his JSDs are more powerful and larger than a SSD, yet now a SSD just swings in and somehow tractors this huge JSD. MAJOR physics problems there. So much energry would have to be diverted to the engines and tractor beams to get a hold on it and move it significantly, the SSD would never be able to survive the escape.

For starters, if AnakinDobski received this "SSD" from budaki, it is no SSD. It is an SSD analog Sith Dreadnaught. I know this because I designed it.
    This thing is no SSD.

Sith Dreadnaught

--Length: 6,000 meters
    --Weaponry:
    100 heavy turbolasers
    125 turbolasers
    150 light turbolasers
    10 tractor beam projectors
    --Shielding: 25,000 SBD
    --Hull: 15,000 RU
    --Hyperspace: Class 4
    --Cargo Capacity: 190,000 metric tons
    --Personnel: 125,000 (warriors and such), 150,000 (crew/technicians)

---Description:
    ----6 kilometers long, black. Bridge located at far aft, resembles at Old Republic dreadnaught, save the raised spires along its spine, more resembles a black dragon-creature. Shield generators stored inside, powered by same generator as engines.

Now, may I suggest that some make sure to check with the vessel's creator before going crazy with it?

And, Kieran, the JSD is not as alrge as you make it out to be. Far less, actually. A mere 4,000+ meters.

AnakinDobski, you should probably post your JSD's stats again.

21. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I have a quick question

My Charactor is a Jedi Knight i have just started roleplaying again i have never seen the force rules before so does my JK guy have to start off learning padawan skills or can he go straight to learning JK skills

22. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    so Jace, would 400 Torpedoes kill the Sith Star Detroyer?

23. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Sorry Jace, I was misinformed...... as seems to be very frequent as of late......... *frowns*

Still the point stands, for a SSD to just swing in and grab such a large ship then expect to punch out would take alot of power.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

A Super-class Star Destroyer is larger and more powerful than a JSD. That's the final word--since I was the one that allowed the existence of the JSD in the first place.

GrandAdmiralJello, Tech Assistant GM

25. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Yes, but we're talking the SSD "Sith Star Destroyer". :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.