main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG: The New GM War Council

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    A cheap plot device if there ever was one...

2. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    LoL, no, it's hella funny because AD's been touting around that he has an 'SSD' but he never said what it meant so everyone always assumed he meant Super-Star Destroyer. Then tonight it turns out it's a 'Sith Star Destroyer' LoL, this is the height of funniness(my word). :p

3. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    NOT 'Sith Star Destroyer'. Sith Dreadnaught. The classification is imperative to the era. :p

Trust me.

4. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    So he knew that it wasn't a SUPER STAR DESTROYER all along, and he's been calling it that? That is such a terrible way to play, I am so mad right now...is there a penalty for that?

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, the first time FID told me about it, I saw CENSORED Star Destroyer. [face_shocked]

Mod Edit: Damn straight it will. Consider it a warning for your efforts. [face_plain]

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    I think that's gonna earn you an edit, Jello. :p

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    FID, I tend to expect your constant Jihad against everything 'PoT', so don't think I took any of that personal. I think of you as the little Devil on my shoulder, telling me I'm wrong and/or corrupt. ;)

A few words, firstly, I would like to apologise to DS5, my comrade on the GM Council, who has to put up with the seemingly constant harrassment by a plethora of RPers who are desperate to either nullify or clarify some aspect of my newest plot thread.
    When I put my computer in for repairs, I didn't predict their would be such a HUGE reaction, and I also thought it was resolved in an AIM chat before I left. If I had known, I would of forestalled my repairs for a while.

Now, onward.

FID and others, seem to have an extreme cynicism concerning me and my honesty as a GM.

I agree, NO one - especially a GM - is above the rules.
    Now, firstly, the 'Many schemes of Lavos' have become almost an institution in WOTG, perfectly displayed when Zaarin's first words upon returning to me were on MSN, 'How many schemes is Lavos plotting at the moment?'

I think that history has proven (with one, minor, Eriadu exception ;) ) that the majority of this plots have helped the overall WOTG storyline manyfold, promoting interest and stimulating activity.

I therefore, have spent over 3 Months RL, building up slowly, my biggest, most intricate and multi-layed plan yet. I intend it to be Lavos' swansong in some respects, his final legacy before I give in to the genius of two little Vong in Nit and Yomin, who yes, managed to best me.
    Now, I think of this plots much like a game of Chess. I set up my pieces and hide my tactics, but I always leave a handful of weaknesses, to a)give the opposition a chance, and to b)allow for some awesome RPing.

I didn't tell DS5, because as he is one of the foremost minds in the NR and one of the important IC players in this plot, so he could tackle the scheme fairly.

THe same goes for FID, the NRI director, and a professional intellect, I thought that he would play a pivotal role in the possible NR victory in this scenario.

I told Yomin, and I sought out the advice of DA, before posting.

So in short, stop complaining. No rules are broken, no GM's are corrupt.

If you wish to take it further, PM me.

If you want to keep it in this thread, then face futher bans.

Regards,

PoT.

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Yes, well the misinformation from various people never thought it was a plot. Instead they considered it a superweapon. And next time include the other GM's rather than isolating one. It's just bad politics. :D That is all. :p

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    This is a PM I have sent to CaptFlar. All ships are now offical. Now, I would hope one out of the 6 GM's reads the last part, since it is a message to them.

Date Sent: 12:35pm
    Date Read:
    Subject: RE: These are offical
    Body: These are final, according to you:

Retired from the NR

1 ISDI Gallant (Command ship)
    1 ISDII Petra
    1 ISDIII Gallant II
    3 VSDI's Pleteus, Dominum, Exaulte
    1 MC-85 Coral Crusher

Pirate Attack

1 ISDII Petra
    1 ISDIII Gallant II
    4 VSDI's Pleteus, Dominum, Exaulte, Rebel (Captured)
    1 MC-85 Coral Crusher
    1 Interdictor Cruiser Long Shot (Captured)
    1 Dreadnought Shadow (Captured)
    1 Nebulon-B Frigate Dark Moon (Captured)
    4 Modified CR90 Corellian Corvettes (All Captured)

Ships Bought/Final Total

1 ISDII Petra
    1 ISDIII Gallant II
    5 VSDI's Pleteus, Dominum, Exaulte, Rebel (Captured)
    1 MC-85 Coral Crusher
    1 Interdictor Cruiser Long Shot (Captured)
    1 Dreadnought Shadow (Captured)
    1 Nebulon-B Frigates Dark Moon (Captured)
    7 Modified CR90 Corellian Corvettes Blue Ocean (Captured = Pirates), Slow Wave (Captured = Pirates), Blue Lake (Captured = New Republic)

Total:

When Started: 7 ships
    Captured: 9 Ships

Now, reguardless of GM ruling, I am giving all GM's, including you and Jace, one more RL day to reply. That means, by tonight, if there is no reply, then, 1 Neb. B Frigate is captured and so are two CR90 Corellian Corvetes. You can agrue this with me, but, I have waited two days. After three days, no more waiting. I have posted warnings, wtice in the WC thread.

10. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    BRAVO. STOP TRYING TO THREATEN GMs. First of all I told you specifically that I nullified your ship buying. You seemed to have skipped that part in the past 2 PMs I have sent you. Your ships are as follows, as per the post YOU PMed me before this nonsense started.

1 ISDII Petra
    1 ISDIII Gallant II
    5 VSDI's Pleteus, Dominum, Exaulte, Rebel, The Crusher
    1 MC-85 Coral Crusher
    1 Interdictor Cruiser Long Shot
    5 Dreadnoughts Shadow
    1 Nebulon-B Frigate Dark Moon
    4 CR90 Corellian Corvettes

Also POT and FID: Chill out guys.. It is only a game. So what that POT is taking over control of the whole RPG. Thats politics. If he plays the game better, he wins.

EDITS: Now after fixing my stupid space bar errors and rephrasing stuff.... Post is done..

11. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Thinly veiled insults aren't good for GM assistants. PM PoT if you have a problem with him... I only give one warning [face_plain] (Or maybe two... ;) )

12. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Intimidating GMs will get you no where. It will just dramatically decrease their tolerance for you. Harsher bans and whatnot.
    Strongarm tactics only work if you have a strong arm, as someone said.

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    See, there's a difference between me threatening a GM and Bravo threatening one, I used to be one. :p *Holds up Zaarin's aforementioned "FID's "I used to be a GM" badge" :D :p

14. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Hey I got one of those too!!
    holds up a Party Naked button...realizes what it says and puts it back in his pocket...ashamed"
    "oops" 8-}

15. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Better than a 'kiss me I'm irish" badge. :p

16. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    [mod]Keep this on topic or I'll ban the lot of you! [face_plain] [/mod] [face_laugh]

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I used to be a GM too, but I'm Assistant GM now, so it's all good.

18. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    We should all have a party, and remember the times that we took pleasure in dealing out pain to our underlings...(ah...those were the days)

AD's Been on yesterday and today, and has yet to post on my battle...if he does not post I'm going to finish it for him...I'll probablly loose more ships that way anyway...

19. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    So everyone knows, Eriadu is not destroyed. The Darth_Ghast user name was hijacked and posted it. No worries to the NR. ;)

20. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    On a lighter note, here's a quote from the distinguished leader of the NR:

Bloodynose223: Down with the NR!

21. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    And, for your convinence, the rest of that converstation:
    Bloodynose223: I'm only doing this to confirm his identity. ;-)
    T SHARK 222: lol
    T SHARK 222: for the good of the RP... ;-)
    Bloodynose223: Yes, exactly.
    Bloodynose223: Oh my god . . . he did it.
    T SHARK 222: lol
    T SHARK 222: you lose now
    T SHARK 222: right?
    T SHARK 222: post realistic damages!
    Bloodynose223: 1 billion dead, loss of the shipyards and all defenses, etc.
    T SHARK 222: hooray
    Bloodynose223: Down with the NR!

As you can see, it was all a joke! ;) :D ;)

Had me worried though...

22. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Oh shush... DS5 forged it all with his speedboat

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I am not threatening a GM. I am stating a fact. Its like WOTG rules, after three days, the ships and or system are mine. Its gonna be three days in 2 hours and 30 minutes (Colorado time). So, unless a GM replies within that time frame, the ships are mine. Anyways, what can three smaller capital ships do anyways.... [face_mischief]

So in short, I have about three weeks left. I don't have time to wait for three days for replies. And, I am now waiting for four replies. No, count that down to 3 again. Because the other one is about a week old.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    HIS speedboat? It's called: Jello's Sexy & Speedy Speedboat of Speed

The meese have gotten to your heads, I say.

On another note, [b]PoT:[/b] Tachyons HAVE been mentioned in Star Wars. I found them in SbS somewhere. I'll get the page number. So there... I [i]wasn't[/i] using non-canon stuff.

25. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    //This temporary lapse in GM sanity brought to you by the letters Q and U and the number 5// ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.