main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG: The New GM War Council

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yomin_Carr, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Ouch.

La de da. Okay....hey am I still Advisor to the GMs?

2. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Jace, I just want to say, that as of right now, Pierce is the only known "Rogue" Jedi. I am afraid that because you can use both Dark and Light sides, that everyone else will do that. My charicter was original...I don't want everyone jumping on the band wagon. Is there a way that makes Rogue Jedi harder to obtain?

Pierce is a Rogue Jedi Knight...2 Levels from being a Master.

Other than the fact that you have to start anew if you defect from Rogue, and that I have some plans that'll encourage Jedi characters...

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I need an ego boost. FID, do something wrong so I can temp. ban you. :p

PoT is a smelly teenager. :p Work for you? ;)

4. -DarthVader-

-DarthVader- Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2002
    Foolish FID. You have to blow up Byss randomly like Ghast did to Eriadu.

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    And....you are?

6. -DarthVader-

-DarthVader- Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2002
    Mr. Sock of Jello.

7. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Bravo, as I said in my first null.... And I will only say this all 1 more time.

1. You never attempted to PM Veng, LEADER OF THE CSA, for defense stats of the shipyards.

2. MORE IMPORTANTLY you never gave him a chance to defend them, you just went to a GM and asked if the battle you typed up looked ok. That is the epitimy of God Moding. EVERYONE has a chance to defend their own. Example: POT is attacking Thyferra right now, he intiates the battle, and though it is a good plan, he gives me the oppertunity to react. Just because you are low on time does not mean we work things any differently.

In conclusion: The whole battle between Bravo's ships and the CSA is nulled. If Bravo wishes to battle the CSA, IF BRAVO has evidence that he knows where these shipyards are, Then Bravo can REQUEST defense stats from Veng_Commando, preffebly in the Smaller Factions Thread.

8. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Ok... It'll be a while before the update if finished. I have hit a little snag. It wont take long to fix, but wehn finished, the main map will have an outlay like this:

TTTTTTTTT
    LEEEEEEEER
    LEEEEEEEER
    LEEEEEEEER
    LEEEEEEEER
    LEEEEEEEER
    LEEEEEEEER
    BBBBBBBBBB

T= Top
    L= Left
    B= Bottom
    R= Right
    E= Enlargement

Every little square that has systems in it will be enlarged 5 times it's orginal size. Each faction will have it's planets listed and the the planet's name will be linked to the appropriate map enlargement.

Also, I am looking into a bannerless/pop-upless host website, where I'll host the map and everything pertaining to it. Aslo when I get back to school and therefore be able to use a scanner, I'll start uploading various pieces of my artworks that I have created from drawing inspiration from the RP. And since I have Visual Communications (Graphics Design) this semester, I'll be able to make those pictures look very good. They most likely will be edited in Photoshop or another picture editing program.

Anyone who want pictures of particular scenes, ships or characters from WOTG, PM me with a very graphical description of it, and I'll hopefully be able to draw it. ;)

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Well done Elegos, and to all those in the RP who are contributing in their own little way - from Elegos' map, to the huge group who are working on our site and our encyclopedia, all in the name of WOTG.

It is too bad that my fellow GM's have decided to create some varient they call WOTH. If they could both be kind enough to enlighten me to the real meaning of this acronym, I have a feeling all would be clearer.

Or perhaps not....

I just don't know anymore.

Regards,

The seemingly defeated GM,

Protégé of Thrawn.

10. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    ;) War Of The Hats. There are other meanings, but that one, I believe was developed by Lachlan, so it's extra-special. ;)

Yes, and continued thanks to SEA for wasting time not only on this game, but on a map for it as well...

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Ship Growth Figures.

Okay, bit different this time. Flar has requested to take over ship growth for the smaller factions, so for now, these ship growths are only for the main factions.

The Shadow Empire (Jello): 5 ISD II analogs or equivalent.
    The New Order Empire (Ghast): 8 ISD II or equivalent.
    New Republic: 11 MC-80 analogs or equivalent.
    Yuuzhan Vong: 14 HAC analogs or equivalent.

And that is that!

Any questions or complaints, or explanations on number fluctuations, please contact, PoT, by PM or IM! And be sure to have some secret question ready to confirm my identity.

Cheers.

Pot.

12. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    There goes our social thread. What do we replace it with?

13. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    I think we should replace it with a thread for people to post Essential Guide to War of the Galaxies information.

14. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Not this one. Please refrain from plain old chatting back and forward in here. Only people involved in disputes or offerring their opinion on a dispute should post anything.

On the matter of Bravo: I'm not getting involved officially. Bravo broke the rules multiple times by posting enemy resposes, damages and the outcome. I have always been under the impression that GM's were allowed to ratify decisions that effect gameplay and post DF stats but only in extreme circumstances (cause it messes stuff up). Sure it's a sucky situation but there's no debate that Bravo brought this on himself with those posts.

If Bravo has a limited time left to play, then so be it.
    Please don't drag the rest of the game down because of it. You can't alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport us off this rock.....so don't try ;)

My recommendation to end this dispute would be to have an impartial GM (ie: Yomin) read over DS5's CSA DF stats and Bravo's post, then allot damage and reward accordingly. Then get on with the game. Just a suggestion. Remember, I'm not here officially. If anyone asks, I didn't make this post. It never happened and doesn't exist.

[face_mischief]

15. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    **saves screenshot**

[face_mischief]

16. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    This is a re-post from several days ago. Consider this the last warning I give. [face_plain]

Proper Protocol for Using the War Council and the Game Masters:

Welcome to the War Council. This is the final body of judgment and closure in WOTG. However this is not your personal play-toy it is the GM's and there are a few rules for using the WC:

1) Any minor problem should be dealt with between the two(or more) parties involved. The GMs kindly ask that minor problems be solved by themselves. The GMs are a passive authority in the RPG and shouldn?t be treated as micromanagers.

2) If there is a problem that cannot be solved between two(or more) parties, send a PM to one of the Game Masters. They will attempt to mediate the problem. It is encouraged that you accept any ruling given by said GM. They may send you their ruling via PM, post it in the WC, or both.

3) If you have a problem with any ruling given by a GM, you may send an inquiry to one of the other GMs, however this is generally not encouraged and you may be rebuffed. If you are rebuffed, stop. Move on. It?s an RPG. And bannings may ensue if you push things to far.

4) If you have an urgent or pressing matter that must be brought not only to the GMs attention, but also to all RPers attention, you may make on post in the WC. A GM will then decide on the matter.

5) In rare occasions, a GM may open the WC floor to a debate on a subject. However, RPers may not start a debate on the WC floor. If you take the initiative to start one, you can also take a twenty-four to forty-eight hour ban.

6) The War Council is also the place to post Research & Development ideas to be approved. Simply put your ship, weapon, etc., into a readable format and post away. But please do not post more than once. If you feel that a GM may have missed it, PM them.

7) One of the main purposes for the War Council is the posting of GM ANNOUCEMENTS. They will be tagged by something like that. It is in your best interest to read all GM Announcements as they are usually important. Usually.

8) The cardinal rule of the WC is don?t post here unless you have a really good reason.

9) The cardinal rule of the GM?s is don?t bother them unless you have a really good reason

17. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    I have an idea for the reasearching of technologies that I believe we should impliment.

Latley, with the researching of new technologies and updates to existing ships, (Marauder Cruisers, ISD IIIs, DSDs, ect....) there has been a slight problem with implimentation. I am not trying to start a finger pointing battle, or open old wounds, but once ISD IIs and IIIs were researched, it seemed those were the only ships anyone had in their fleets.

Therefore to prevent such things, I propose that after a technology or modification has been researched, the GMs must decide on a 'replacement time'.

The 'replacement time' would be the amount of time it would take for all of the originals to be replaced by the updated versions. When a large faction goes into battle, they would have to have respective proportions of modified and unmodified ships.

Here's an exampled situation.

Imps research ISD Mark VI.

GM's decide that implimentation will take 4 months IRL.

GAJ Junior starts off at the beggining of the 4 months with a fleet of 20 ISD mark IIs.

After so many months, they will be replaced by ISD mark VIs.

1 Month's time = 0-5 ISD Mark IVs (aka 1/4 of his ISDs could be Mark IVs.)
    2 Months' time = 5-10 ISD Mark IVs (aka 1/2 of his ISDs could be Mark IVs.)

and so on....

I just thought we should get something like this established, especially with all these updated and modified ships the Imperials and New Republic turn out. This system can also be used for the TIEs - TRIs (I have yet to see ONE Imperial have a single TRI in his fleet let alone a TIE)

Also starfighter wise, I think the heads of each faction should issue a report % wise how much of their fighter force is made up of what types of fighters. Therefore when the battle actually begins, you just take your ship's standard fighter complement, and that month's percentage will tell ya what fighters you can have. This too will help prevent unintentional inflation of ships and fighter compositions.

I just wanted to suggest these ideas, it is up to the GMs to make em a law.

18. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I sort of like that law

19. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Good suggestion. But why not add a limiting factor to it like you can only have x amount of a cetain type of ship in a fleet. I think that'd open up more strategies to the players and let those with weaker fleets have a chance. I don't think there's a rule like that in place, I think.

20. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Didn't we used to have a law like that? Something Mitthy made up awhile ago with the ship cap people seem to have forgotten about. And if it floats your boat I'll dump two ISDIIs from my little raiding force and make them ISDIs.

21. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    That's the whole thing with AD's fleet...60 ships where most of them were ISD II's and III's...that's unrealistic, and it forced me to play the number's game... After all my ships are repaired, I'm going to divide it up evenly again...

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's unrealistic to limit the types of ships because there are some people (Warlords in EU) that would use one type of ship.

The example of the fleet with ISDs only would fall prey to starfighters, or small Vong cruisers.

Balance is required, but should not be forced.

Also, I have just discovered something from WOTG I. Back then the Empire used standard Sector Fleets of 24 ISDs. People complained that we only used one type of ship, but I have learned the truth. The backbone of a Sector Fleet is 24 ISDs, supplemented by hundreds or thousands of cruiser-sized support craft.

It is irrelevant to WOTGIV, but I thought I'd point that out.

23. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    I have a question about apropriations...
    if you scrap ships...say 13 Sith Dreadnaughts, can you use that to increase your ship allotment for one month? Will it allow me to have enough materials to build several ships...say out of
    13 Sith Dreadnaughts

4 Alliance Assault Frigates
    4 Carriers

24. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    The tech, weapons, hull, and shield systems are more than 4,000 years old. Other than that, the materials are core...

25. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    It's unrealistic to limit the types of ships because there are some people (Warlords in EU) that would use one type of ship.

I see....well it's a good thing there are no warlords besides you.

The example of the fleet with ISDs only would fall prey to starfighters, or small Vong cruisers.

Yes, but as time has proven people don't know how to make fleets comprised of various ships.

Balance is required, but should not be forced.

In the case of some people in this RP it should be forced.

Also, I have just discovered something from WOTG I. Back then the Empire used standard Sector Fleets of 24 ISDs. People complained that we only used one type of ship, but I have learned the truth. The backbone of a Sector Fleet is 24 ISDs, supplemented by hundreds or thousands of cruiser-sized support craft.

Your point? It's a cheap tactic to use one type of ship. You could have 60 SSD's if you wanted. And you'd win too because you have the most ships and the most powerful ships in your arsenal. Is that any way to fight a battle?

It is irrelevant to WOTGIV, but I thought I'd point that out.

Yes, and you proved that this problem has been around for a while.

Also the reason why various ships are used in real battle is to cover the other ships' weaknesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.