main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive WOTG V: Shattered Galaxy (A classic WOTG RP!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    IC as Verhmyth Sykes, Orbit over Osarian

The modified Stormtrooper Transport was an inconspicuous ship residing in the traffic over Osarian, it's grayish-blue paint giving it out to no one.

Inside, it was dark, except for the lights blinking on and off on the various control and system panels. A small ring sounded over the com channel, and it began it's desent onto the planet.

"Ik-187, your destination is secure, the operation is a go."

The voice over the channel was automated, recorded by a high ranking officer and then distorted beyond recognition. Even now, Vehrmyth knew the recording was being destroyed.

As the transport cleared the atmosphere, the destination loomed up ahead. It was an old Imperial munitions factory and hangar, which had seen little use. Many of the fighters were now on active duty, and the factory had been stripped and abandoned. The populace of Nerol, the nearby city, had been under the impression that it was an Imperial archive facility, and they would remain under that assumption.

The transport settled into the second floor hangar, and Vehrmyth Sykes stepped out, followed by two more figures.

"Welcome to our new home boys, let's get this operation under way."

TAG: Juno_Epsilon, if you want to. :D

2. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    IC: Sullust shipyards
    Gallofree's latest Harvka-class Super Transport, the Aseinowei Torinth, launched from drydock, its engines humming. It was custom-designed to serve as the old NRNAS's new flying laboratory.

A smaller GBT (Gallofree Bulk Transport) I nestled alongside the Torinth.

The two transports jumped to locations all over the Republic, picking up loyalist elements of the now-disbanded NRNAS and NRI. Then the Torinth jumped to an isolated location in deep space, where it would start preliminary research for the HIMS system. The NRI transport, Intelligence II, jumped to a different location.

[b]IC: [i]Sump system[/i][/b]
    The Republic of Sump was well underway. Now 75% of the original refugee population was back on the homeworld. Cities made of prefabricated buildings sprouted up like wildflowers. To the main city's west lay the [i]Sumpan Dream[/i], which would serve as emergency shelter, evacuation vessel, and trade ship alike.

Overhead, defense was supplied by 3 [i]Hapes Nova[/i]-class Battle Cruisers, courtesy of the Hapan Navy.

[hr]

[b]IC: [i]Darglum system (Umgul)[/i][/b]
    "This is the [i]Lucky Star[/i][/b], of Corellia registry, requesting permission to land on Umgul to see the Fondine Blob Races."

[b]TAG: Imperials[/b]

3. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    IC: Sebastian

"You see Mr. Dys, the Empire has a vested interest in the Corporate Sector. However, we do not wish to spend military resources in taking it. You could help us in controlling in the Corporate Sector. By merging your company into the Corporate Sector's authority and gaining a seat on the Direx board. Not only will you be in a position of power, but your customer-base will increase and the Empire will not forget your hard efforts. What do you say, Mr. Dys?

TAG: SEA

IC: Yag'Dhul

The research station was complete. A large battle-station, a Golan-III Battlestation, was in a low orbit above Yag'Dhul. Many people were aboard her, studying the eccentricities of the project. Next to the station and near the planet were Victory-class Destroyers and Dreadnaughts. Not for protection, though. The good Admiral Severus had loaned three Destroyers for that job. No, they were there for the experiment. One Victory was pulled close to the station and had some grating over it. She was preparing for the test.

A large structure was built on a nearby asteroid. It appeared to be built for monitoring electromagnetic radiation. After several hours of construction, it was brought on-line and a small object was brought over to the asteroid by shuttles. Minutes passed and then a great amount of energy was recorded throughout the system. The object began to glow and a beam shot out from it. It struck the asteroid and a massive explosion ensued. It resembled a capital ship that had gone critical.

"Readings?"

"Perfect, Commander. It functioned just as the Grand Moff thought."

"The asteroid?"

"Debris."

"Excellent. Pull the device back and begin the installation. I want the prototype ready for trial in two days, no excuses."

"Yes, sir. My I inquire, what is this device going to be used for?"

"Certainly, Captain. The Grand Moff informs me that it is to be given to Admiral Severus. To use against the Rebels."

"I see sir."

4. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    IC: Pax Dellos

"I had. But then I got lonely."

Pax poured some tea for the two of them and spoke, "Please, sit. Here, I have a present for you."

Dellos pulled a largish box out from under the table and handed it to Delmion. It was about two and a half long, half that across, and several inches wide. It was covered in green wrapping and had a large, red bow on top.

"I thought to myself, this Republic is far to Imperial. Mari and I spent some time and came up with this. I do hope you like it."

TAG: C1

5. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Anoth

Delmion took the box, and unwrapped it gently. Lifting the lid, he found folded fabric inside. Lifting it out, the fabric unfolded into a one piece uniform. Black with blue shoulders, and covered in pockets on the front and arms, it was a fine piece of craftsmanship. Across the left breast was his nametag and admiral's insignia. Even his ribbons and battle tabs were reproduced exactly. One new symbol, that of an oval with a starfield shaped like a river and with a starburst in the centre, adorned the uniform. He had seen the symbol before, on the aide that had brought him here.

"I . . . I don't know what to say. Apart from thank you, but even those words sound hollow for such fine workmanship."

Lowering the uniform back into the box, Delmion took the tea and drank a little.

"Although now I feel a little miserly as I have brought no gift for you. Of course, I would have, had I known that you were going to be here. May I inquire as to what you are doing here?"

Tag: DS5

6. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001

"No need to appolgize. Your presense is enough. I've come here to speak with you. I recently met with Admiral Cast. A fine man. Good friends we are. He told me of this schism in the Republic. I knew that you controled the Eriadu defense. I knew that you knew of this place. It did not take me long to determine that you would come here. I'm here to ask you if you would care to join me in alliance."

7. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Eriadu

After Meeting with Pax Dellos, High Admiral Gerul Cast made his way to Eriadu.

He came out of hyperspce and commed traffic control.

TAG ERIADU

8. cavalier_one

May 21, 2001
    Anoth

"An alliance? I am interested indeed. I remember what Tav used to tell me of your plans for the Republic that were never realised. You are a builder, Sir, and I am honoured that you have asked me. Tell me more of this alliance you propose."

9. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001

Pax waved his hand in a general area next to him and turned his head to the center of the room, taking some of his tea. Before the two, a map of the galaxy appeared. It zoomed in toward a sleepy portion of the galaxy until it found a reddened circle. The map sudenly became three-dimensions and the circle became a sphere.

"Bakura," Delmion spoke.

"Why, yes. It is. Very good. You are the protege of Veroyn. The Disturbance, as my crew calls it. Also my home. This is where I live and work. After a month, I realized that it could not only be a nice place to live, but it could also hide. There are going to be refugees. Portions of this alliance of the free will fall and their people will have no where to go. I intend to give them a place. Within the Disturbance. But, I cannot do it alone. I will need help."

10. cavalier_one

May 21, 2001
    Anoth

Delmion looked over the map. In an instant, he understood.

"You need supplies. Money. Equipment. And you can't do it because you need secrecy to function. I can provide all of that and more. And I ask only one thing in return; that all who travel along this "great river or freedom" are given the choice to join with me to combat those who threaten liberty and freedom. They are free to refuse, or course, but I believe many will want the chance to repay the enemy for their transgressions.

Is this acceptable to you, Sir?"

11. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001

"Pefectly fine with me as long as it is pefectly fine with the refugees. As I'm sure you know, there are several waystations throughout the galaxy. The brainchild of Tav. I'd like to see two of them split up and put in certain locations in the galaxy. I've not decided that yet. I have, however, come up with some things that I need," Pax said while passing a data-card to Delmion. "They are there, along with a location where you can communicate with me. The transmission codes are included. Also, please stop calling me 'sir.' I left titles behind me a long while ago."

12. cavalier_one

May 21, 2001
    Anoth

Delmion scanned the datapad quickly.

"Most of this I can arrange. Some items longer than others, naturally. The Waystations can be moved at a moment's notice with little effort, and I have co-opted one for my own use in the Expansion Region, but there are several more. But I believe it can be done. And, Sir, calling you anything else wouldn't see quite right to me."

13. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    GM ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Announcement 1:
    Let it be noted hereforth that War of the Galaxies V: Shattered Galaxy, will be discontinued on the 27th of December, 2003 at 11:59 Board time. All Role Players should be thinking about a seguay for their Characters' advancement into War of the Galaxies VI.

Announcement 2:
    Everyone have a SAFE and merry Christmas, and a SAFE and happy New Year.

Unto us a Child is Born, unto us a Son is given, and the Government shall rest on his shoulders. His name shall be called wonderful counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father...Prince of Peace.

14. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001

"Well, Baron-Admiral, thank you very much. I must be on my way though. Many things to do and so little time to do it in. I shall be in the Disturbance in a little while. I hope to see you soon," Pax stood and exited the room with Delmion at his side. They began to walk toward the hanger bay. "Oh, and the ships you are sending, make certain that they know to keep their hyperdrives off-line. Sometimes an active hyperdrive can cause damage to a ship in the Disturbance."

15. cavalier_one

May 21, 2001
    Anoth

"I'll remember that, Sir. I have the base to set up here, first, then I'll see to your requests. I imagine that you want to get started on this soon, and I might have something that you would find useful. I can arrange the transfer of around twenty scientists of varying disciplines to aid your research, and a supply of around one hundred high quality miltary recon probes if you would like. A gift, in return for the uniform."

16. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001

"Yes, that would be excellent. Oh, it just dawned on me. Once upon a time I sent five XQ platforms here. I would very much like to have them back. In the Disturbance. They would do me very well. I do not have the forces to move them though . . . "

"Don't worry about that, Sir, I can have it arranged."

"Thank you. I shall see you when I return."

Delmion boarded his shuttle and left the Republica. After an hour, ships ferried over the twenty researchers and scientists and the one hundred probes. Far more than a simple uniform, but a damned fine gift. The Republica pointed herself back to the Disturbance.

17. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    *Hapes Cluster...*

Rumors and doctored-news reports continued to be cycled throughout the Cluster, throwing mistrust in the Hapan government, and trust towards the Core Sectorial Governor, Jace Halycron.

TAG: Gamemasters, Warlord_Ken

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: A bit unilateral there, eh WW?

19. cavalier_one

May 21, 2001
    Anoth

From the bridge of the Sentinel, Delmion watched the Republica leave the system. He had not donned his new uniform yet, but he would do so. There was an occasion he was saving it for. A special moment.

"Alright," he said, addressing the bridge crew and his execs. "I want a base on the largest fragment of the moon, large enough to house the command staff and troops. Fighter garrison on the left fragment, communications station on the right. Deploy defences throughout the system according to Scenario Two."

Orders were confirmed, and the fifteen transports started to unload their cargoes under the direction of the Corps of Engineers. Delmion had a defence plan for the system, and each component had a place to go. It would be long and hard work, but the results would be worth it.

Delmion retreated to his ready room, calling up the planned tactical schematic. He was missing a few vital pieces, but he had an idea of where to get them.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nirauan
    The signal from Corellia suddendly sputtered and vanished without a trance. "What happened? Report!"

"I'm sorry, Admiral," apologized one of the techs, "the carrier signal vanished."

"Curious," he muttered, but another voice overrode his musings. "Get me a signal. Ah yes... Grand Admiral, I think it's best that you land immediately. There's something you might find interesting..."

TAG: Mitth

OOC: Basically, you need to contact Nirauan through subspace transceivers.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    IC as General Mitth

Coronet City, Corellia

Mitth grew impatient as he waited to be contacted by Thrawn. When he attempted to use the holonet to try and contact Niruaun, he discovered much to his displeasure that it was down.

He sighed in annoyance and tried contacting the Hand of Thrawn base through the subspace transceivers instead.

He waited.

TAG: Jello

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nirauan
    Grand Admiral Thrawn had arrived comfortably before the header signal from Corellia arrived.

Not bothered in the least, Thrawn initiated the contact and greeted his fellow Chiss. It was some time before Mitth's response got to Thrawn, for subspace tranceivers had quite an appreciable delay.

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Coronet City, Corellia

"We need to talk." Mitth said, immediately avoiding the pleasantries. He wouldn't even had said 'hello' to Thrawn any way. "It concerns that RAPET project of yours."

TAG: Jello

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    SSD Vindicator
    The deck rumbled uncharacteristically, and Jello barely had time to register that abnormality before the gravity went spastic. It took an inordinate amount of for the gravity to stabilize, and Jello was greatly disoriented. It took a painfully long time for thought to coalesce in his mind. Someone hit my ship. It was an illogical conclusion, for no force in the galaxy could have done what would have been required to damage the internal power systems--anything powerful enough to pierce the shields would destroy the ship.

He made his way to the interrogation chamber, and his heat skipped a beat. There, on the cold decking were Kane Lavos and Kati Seal, sprawled lifelessly. He checked their pulses, but couldn't register their heartbeats over the thudding in his own ears. He had them sent to sickbay for the Emdees to ascertain their status.

"Get me the Imperial Majesty..." After a moment: "This is Emperor Jello, on the Vindicator. I regret to inform you that there was a terrorist incident on the ship and thousands of personnel have been lost. Kane Lavos and Captain Seal are among the wounded, and their status is listed as injured--we are not certain if they are alive or not. Updates forthcoming, Jello out," he said brusquely.

TAG: PoT

OOC: See WC. I left the possibility of both dead and survival open...

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    EDIT: Might as well make use of a double post.

EDIT2: 2000. New thread forthcoming. Carry on.

Nirauan
    Thrawn faintly raised his eyebrows in an expression of polite curiousity, "What precisely concerns you?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.