WOTR Open Cockpit Days - 2nd Saturday of Every Month 10AM-2PM

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Nov 13, 2011.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    In an effort to keep this information current, as well as not having to login to 2 accounts, I'm starting a new thread. The history for this fun stuff can be found here.

This is a once a month event for the X-Wing Project, normally taking place on the 2nd Saturday of every month (any changes will be posted).

2. Located at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum.

3. Setup starts at 9AM, with entry to the museum from the Employee Entrance (opposite end of the building from the main entrance).

4. Changing Area is the Conference Room, unless otherwise directed by museum needs. *There is a small rest room at the back of the conference room, and a large women's rest room just around the corner.

5. Open Cockpit begins at 10AM and runs until 2PM, which is when we are out on the floor for the public.

6. Full Open Cockpit for the X-Wing is only offered in May, otherwise we are there to show off costumes and take pictures with the patrons.

7. Water is available in the volunteer lounge, and sometimes the museum provides sandwiches or pizza at Noon.

8. Anyone wishing to become more involved with the museum can fill out the volunteer form (which requires a background check, because of their involvement with children), but you can always participate only in X-Wing related events without becoming an official volunteer.

9. This is a fantastic event for getting comfortable with a new costume, and a low-key event with lots of room and a fabulous location. The kids love seeing all the characters, and a lot of the parents and grandparents are sometimes more excited than their kids. It's also a great way to see how your small contribution of time can make a tremendous impact at the local level. All small museums struggle to find ways to get people in the door. The X-Wing, and our commitment to serving her, has brought a lot of admissions and visibility to this museum.

Here's hoping to seeing everyone at Open Cockpit, at least once. [face_peace]
  10. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Open for all the non-marching costumers this Saturday. [face_peace]
  11. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I plan on being there.
  12. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I plan on being there, too, as long as the AT-AT doesn't crush me again.
  13. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I just found out this afternoon that I have to work that day. I was really hoping to do the parade then swing by afterwards. Sorry, I can't wiggle out of work this time! (overtime check for CVI, that's what I keep telling myself)
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    At minimum, I will be doing a half-day at the museum this month, due to the possibility of conflicting events... So, from 10AM-Noon, I'll be at Wings if anyone wants to join me. :)
  15. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I plan to be there=)
  16. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    It will depend on how I'm recovering.
  17. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sorry, I'll be down at Highlands Ranch.
  18. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Ditto. Sorry. :(
  19. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I'll be there, too... By 1:30PM :) Holler if you guys need me to pick anything up on the way there.
  20. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Next Open Cockpit is Saturday October 13th, from 10AM-2PM
  21. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    I will see what I can do, I have a ton of sewing to do before Halloween, but I might need the break :)
  22. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
  23. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I plan to be there.
  24. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I can't --I'll be busy all weekend. :(
  25. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'll be up in Breckenridge cooking for 30 crazy skiers. I wouldn't mind trying to get Toys-for-Tots at the X-wing in December.
  26. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I've been trying, but with the 40's Xmas Ball there this year, we're back burnered again :(
  27. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    This is TOMORROW!!!!!!! Zoo, what time do you plan on landing?
  28. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I very much doubt I'm going to make this one.
  29. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    My weekend opened up, I should be able to make this.
  30. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
  31. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I have a birthday thing to go to so I am a no.
  32. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I had a fall on top of a flare, so I'm likely a no-go.
  33. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    So, I got this wild hair today... Think I can get 8 pilots to show up and wear antlers for at least an hour on December 8th for Open Cockpit and a photo-op?

Also need Troopers of any white variety to wear Elf hats, and a Vader to really make this work. But it would also be cool to have the "main" characters like Luke, Leia & Han there.

I'm calling it "Christmas in the Stars!" And yes, I'm giving the museum a digital copy of the album of the same name to play overhead. [face_batting]

Who's with me?!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby